Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2013, 08:55 PM   #1
PoppyGirl
The kiddies come for the autographs but the mummies come for the captain!

Thanksgiving 2014--Nov 22 to Nov 29, 2014 Disney Fantasy 7 Night Eastern Caribbean

Scroll down to Post #7 for a summary of everything that's going on with the cruise!
Cruise Summary

Some other lovely disboarders have taken over since our family is not going to be able to join you after all. We have a brand new grandbaby and are postponing until little Charlotte is able to come along too!

So....who's with us? Thanksgiving 2014 aboard the Disney Fantasy!!

I'm planning for our whole family--DH, me, DS, DD, DSS#1 and (hopefully by then) DIL, and DSS#2 with connecting staterooms, Category 4B.

So far only DH and myself know about the plan.

I really wanted to do this cruise because I've done some reading about the port in San Juan and really really really wanted to go there....and I wanted another day at Castaway Cay...that was our favorite day on our 2009 cruise. We picked Thanksgiving week because the kids will not miss so much school.

This is us:
DH: Dairy Farmer, rolls his eyes when I mention Disney but truly enjoys himself because he's a big kid at heart.
Me: Disney nut, full time mom, part time Disney Travel Agent , psychologist , scrapbooking consultant and farm hand.
DS: 13 (will be 14 by the time the cruise rolls around). What can I say...he's a teenager. *sigh*
DD: 10 (will be 12 at cruise time). DRAMA. QUEEN. She's my Disney girl though. She and I go to WDW by ourselves each winter and have a blast.
DSS#1: (30) lives in TX, Veterinarian
DIL (future....hopefully if DSS gets in gear!): Looks JUST like Merida when she doesn't straighten her hair! DD worships her.
DSS#2 (26) lives in CA, production assistant on various TV, commercial and movie projects, waiter at Hard Rock

The boys are awesome--so much fun. A couple years ago we met them at DL and surprised our kids with a family vacation. It was the first time our whole family had ever been on vacation together and we had so much fun. They make everything more fun. And future DIL only adds to the fun.

I'm also trying to convince my friend and her family to come along. We cruised together in 2009 and our families get along great.

So, how about everyone else? Who's in?
(POR) Jan 2007 (HoJo) June 2007 (CSR) Girlfriends Trip Jan 2008 (POP)/Wonder Cruise Mar 2009 (CSR) Mom/DS Trip June 2009 (DLH) Girlfriends' B-day Celebration Feb 2010 (DLH) DH B-day Celebration July 2010 (AKL) Christmas Miracle Trip December 2010 (Wyndham Bonnet Creek) Girls Only Mother Daughter February 2011 (POFQ) Mother Daughter February 2012 (AKL) Mother Daughter February 2013 (Grand Californian) Girls Days Out May 2013 (Yacht Club) Best Friends at Food & Wine October 2013 (Wilderness Lodge) Marvin & Abigail Mother Daughter January 2014

Last edited by PoppyGirl; 10-23-2014 at 05:55 PM.
PoppyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: