Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 08:41 PM   #16
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
 
DRDISNEYMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
Seriously? I (and many) have followed the construction, have seen the design and art that have been released, etc. It's in FAntasyland. It's being built by current Disney. So it's fairly easy to see what it will be, IMO.
~Hey boss! I think you might be wrong about this one! Keyword: might! This is supposed to be a dark ride and coaster, it could be the next ToT! But, why is this taking so long??? NASA can build a space shuttle, do the launch to Mars and come back faster than this darn coaster!
__________________

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #17
dewingedpixie
Mouseketeer
 
dewingedpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Northern, VA
Posts: 271

I really hope it opens in Feb or January. Since we will be there for a whole week in Feb 2014 for our wedding. Im super excited about this new ride. I cant wait for october to try the new Be our guest restaurant too :D.
dewingedpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #18
pixiechaser
Earning My Ears
 
pixiechaser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 17

I think that theming plays a big part here if you are not looking for a thrill ride. Many people love the seven dwarfs. I just hope its better the Ariel one. And is more like space mountain than barnstormer.
__________________
Pixiechaser
pixiechaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #19
jenny105
DIS Veteran
 
jenny105's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 8,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
It's sad that such an immaterial ride would create such a 'big deal' to so many fans (with blinders). If you want great, go to Uni and ride Spidey and HP ... Both are better than anything Disney has produced since ToT.

Stop giving them a free pass people. Put their feet to the fire and start evaluating what they've done for you lately.Geez.
I guess you didn't like Everest?
__________________

Me DBf Kris Mitzu
Sept 2015 ASMu ~ August 2013 GF ~ Oct 2012 AKL ~ April 2011 DL Paradise Pier ~ Oct 2010 POP ~ Sept 2009 WL/DCL/BCV ~ Nov 2008 RPR Universal ~ Jan 2008 POP ~ April 2007 POP ~ Jan 2006 POP
jenny105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:12 PM   #20
golf4miami
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 395

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Pirate 2 View Post
It's sad that such an immaterial ride would create such a 'big deal' to so many fans (with blinders). If you want great, go to Uni and ride Spidey and HP ... Both are better than anything Disney has produced since ToT.

Stop giving them a free pass people. Put their feet to the fire and start evaluating what they've done for you lately.Geez.

"Immaterial" I think is I think pushing it a bit. This is probably the biggest addition to MK since Splash. Not to mention it involves probably one of the most important characters and movies in Disney's history.

You simply don't get something that awesome by rushing through construction and skipping steps. If you want straight up thrill, you can go to any amusement park including Uni and get it. If you want a complete ride experience with a compelling story, then Disney is the way to go. IMO at least.
__________________
golf4miami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #21
EagleScout
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 476

We are also really looking forward to it bc my wife will likely be able to ride- she can do fast, but not up and down- it is my understanding there is literally no vertical movement. Even the tiny drop at end of test track turns her stomach for hours afterward
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #22
the who #3
DIS Veteran
 
the who #3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 863

Smile mine coaster

i can not wait. hope it will be open by jan 2014.
the who #3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:11 PM   #23
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer
 
fuzzlekins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Hey boss! I think you might be wrong about this one! Keyword: might! This is supposed to be a dark ride and coaster, it could be the next ToT! But, why is this taking so long??? NASA can build a space shuttle, do the launch to Mars and come back faster than this darn coaster!
I think it will be great b/c I think Disney rarely disappoints when it comes to rides and attractions. (products are another story...) However, I'm pretty certain it's going to be a family friendly coaster - nothing scary. Somewhere I saw a video of the animated sketch version of the ride and it looked cool but pretty tame to me. Incidentally, I think that's a good thing. I love coasters but little kids often don't (my DD included), and that's what the MK is really about.
__________________
11/4-11/12/10
2/4-2/11/12
2/1-2/9/13
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #24
DRDISNEYMD
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+* *+*~The Snow Queen~*+* ~A girl should be two things: *+*~Classy & Fabulous~*+* +*+*~Coco Chanel~*+*+*+ *+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
 
DRDISNEYMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,482

Smile ~Uh-oh....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzlekins View Post
I think it will be great b/c I think Disney rarely disappoints when it comes to rides and attractions. (products are another story...) However, I'm pretty certain it's going to be a family friendly coaster - nothing scary. Somewhere I saw a video of the animated sketch version of the ride and it looked cool but pretty tame to me. Incidentally, I think that's a good thing. I love coasters but little kids often don't (my DD included), and that's what the MK is really about.
~Don't let the Pirate hear you say that, lol -- or any of the "old timers," for that matter.

~Anyway, I am so excited about this coaster, it has the potential to be spectacular! I don't expect it to be "thrilling" -- I just want to see those fabulous GEMS!!! I wan't them to sparkle, glisten & glow! We'll see.

__________________

DRDISNEYMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #25
fuzzlekins
Mouseketeer
 
fuzzlekins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDISNEYMD View Post
~Don't let the Pirate hear you say that, lol -- or any of the "old timers," for that matter.
I think people become jaded and it's unfortunate. It's Disney for goodness sake - there are more important issues in life for people to get panties in a wad about. As with many experiences in life, attitude and approach are half of it. I go to Disney to relax and have a good time, and therefore, I do.
__________________
11/4-11/12/10
2/4-2/11/12
2/1-2/9/13
1/31-2/9/14
fuzzlekins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:01 AM   #26
brucerob62
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Lincoln,NE
Posts: 368

this wont be scary one bit or intense..its in fantasyland..how many rides in fantasyland are not geared towards children?...HMM none but who knows maybe i will be in for a nice surprise
brucerob62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #27
KitKat_Tink
Dude
Would make a great Alice in Wonderland
 
KitKat_Tink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,479

They keep telling us who work here to tell guests summer 2014! But that doesn't mean it won't be open earlier. New fantasyland was open earlier than it's "open" date!
__________________


DCP CM Spring 2013 TLT dessert party

KitKat_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:46 PM   #28
Disco
Hail Eris!
 
Disco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Nevada
Posts: 759

I'm excited and feel that this will be a good ride but there are a few red flags that have me worried. First is that a rollercoaster will blow through the dark scenes too fast. Second, is the Little Mermaid. I really don't want to see a bunch of plastic dwarves stuck on a stick spinning around.
Frankly, I think they'll do the dark scenes justice (which is a big leap of faith I know) but it leaves the first problem. I'm hoping that the rollercoaster has a self powered slow mode through a bunch of the scenes. A gravity drop only coaster of this size will be over pretty quick and that will leave me wanting on the dark ride side.
If they pull off an exceptional dark ride experience with the thrill of a rollercoaster it probably still won't be an E ticket ride for me but it will be like a D+.
Disco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:20 PM   #29
davedmaine
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco
I'm excited and feel that this will be a good ride but there are a few red flags that have me worried. First is that a rollercoaster will blow through the dark scenes too fast. Second, is the Little Mermaid. I really don't want to see a bunch of plastic dwarves stuck on a stick spinning around.
Frankly, I think they'll do the dark scenes justice (which is a big leap of faith I know) but it leaves the first problem. I'm hoping that the rollercoaster has a self powered slow mode through a bunch of the scenes. A gravity drop only coaster of this size will be over pretty quick and that will leave me wanting on the dark ride side.
If they pull off an exceptional dark ride experience with the thrill of a rollercoaster it probably still won't be an E ticket ride for me but it will be like a D+.
Based on the rest of the expansion, my expectations are pretty low
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #30
dsneprincess
DIS Veteran
 
dsneprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Not in Orlando:(
Posts: 1,066

Quote:
Originally Posted by davedmaine

Based on the rest of the expansion, my expectations are pretty low
Ditto!
dsneprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.