Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #31
Wadekind
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
No, I'm not being sarcastic at all and I'm not being rude. The OP asked and I answered.

Mike
I think OP asked "What rules would you like to see Disney change?" not what new rules would you like to see. I would like to see DCL change the rule that allows smoking on the veranda

After thinking about things I've seen on past vacations and staying with your theme, it made me wonder what do you feel the rules should be for:

People with bad teeth but nice personalities who also smile a lot?
Mangy back hair (male or female)?
Yellow crusty toenails?
Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #32
sweetinmaine
I saw the pictures of the chocolate bars and almost bit into my screen!
"Mimi, I love you more than all the A,B,C's in the world!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyPrincessJen View Post
Also not to start an argument or be a "hater" but no smoking on the Verandas would be my suggestion.

I agree! You pay extra for a veranda room and you shouldn't really have
to smell the smoke if you don't want to. It seems too bad that someone hasn't developed a product that allows both smokers and non-smokers to share the same ship with neither of them being offended...so that everyone gets to enjoy the cruise that they paid a good amount of money for.
POR 2005, OKW 2005, BWV 2006, SSR 2006
POR, BWV, CSR 2007, SSR 2007, VWL 2008, SSR Oct 2008,
BWV, VBR, SSR 2009, BCV 2009, BWV, Disney Wonder, AKV 2010, SSR 2010,
SSR 2011, BCV, Disney Dream, VWL 2011
SSR 2012, HHI 2012, BCV, Disney Dream, SSR Sept. 2012, BLT,Disney Dream, SSR Apr 2013, VGF, DisneyDream, SSR Nov 2013, BCV, Disney Magic Mar 2014,
Next up: Disney Dream Mar 2015

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 06:48 PM   #33
mbrocker
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetinmaine

I agree! You pay extra for a veranda room and you shouldn't really have
to smell the smoke if you don't want to. It seems too bad that someone hasn't developed a product that allows both smokers and non-smokers to share the same ship with neither of them being offended...so that everyone gets to enjoy the cruise that they paid a good amount of money for.
I hear those e-cigs might just do that!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #34
mbrocker
Mouseketeer

I'd like for them to remove the dress code in the topsider/cabanas dinner service.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:00 PM   #35
Moxin
Mouseketeer

I'd like to see them remove the rule about needing a shirt to go through Cabanas. It's such a horrible design to force people to go through there to get back to their rooms...for those who's rooms are aft, that is.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:01 PM   #36
jm106
DIS Veteran

I was t aware of any tattoo rules that could be changes to suit pps dislike. Plenty if us have things we personally don't agree with.
Not such a welcoming feeling

7 days Hilton May 2009, 6 days CBR May 2011, 9 days ASMusic/AKL August 2012, Disney Wonder 5 nt Cozumel/Castaway Cay April 2013, 10 day split/Orlando IRC October 2014
Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #37
tinkerbell 766
If I can't fly, let me sing. Or, in other words if I can't be in Disney, let me talk about it !
DLRP is quite simply my spiritual home

I cannot believe that some people would actually and seriously like to see a rule banning bigger people from wearing whatever they like, or tattooed people from exposing their tattoos!!! What's next? People who dye their hair? And, no, I am neither particularly big or have tattoos myself.
To answer the OP's question, I would like to see a stricter enforcement of the dress code, particularly on formal and semi-formal night.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:18 PM   #38
lizabu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND

Mostly, I don't like big, loud, nasty ones. I'll let you keep yours.

Mike

I also like the proposed weight limit rule on bathing suits. And while I'm at it, I would like to see DCL ban excessive visible body piercings. I'm also not a big fan of facial hair, but I'll let guests slide on that one ..... for now.

Mike
You forgot to ban ugly people. There is no rule banning them currently.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #39
sunryzez
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonniec View Post
He's not being rude, the op asked for opinions. That's the first time I've seen someone really against them though. I never realized they bothered people. I don't have them because they aren't my thing, but my husband and twin 19 year olds do, so if y'all don't like em, don't go on the oct 20th cruise, lol

Based on the other thread, I would like to see thongs and banana hammocks banned.

And please don't kill me but I'd love smoking banned. It's not that I care what other people do, it just makes me nervous with fires on a ship. Just my own thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
How is saying someone who has a tattoo should be banned from Disney cruising not rude? Or that someone not appealing to someones particular eye should be banned not rude? The OP asked what Disney rules should be changed, not your personal preferences about people's height/weight/appearance are. I'm sorry but I was raised better then that. If you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say it!

Old 03-08-2013, 07:23 PM   #40
luv2sleep
DIS Veteran

Wow. Pretty rude comments about people on here. Tattoos? Weight limits on bathing suits? Just wow.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #41
linkandclover
Mouseketeer

While we are banning people may as well include religion, skin color, political beliefs, and socioeconomic status.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #42
Meghatron
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Neige
I agree with the non smoking, adult area being for 18+ ONLY

I would only add sibling can visit each other in the Clubs (lower level, i.e. the 7 year old cannot go to the tween go teen club, but have to older sib can visit them). Just saying that because i was told my 13y old cannot visit my 11y old in the Lab and he really wants to go to.
So you want kids to stay out of the 18+ areas, but you're fine with the kids then violating each other's age-based spaced restrictions? I'm sure there are lots of kids who "really want to go" to Palo or the spa but they're simply not allowed to, and you seem to be fine with that. I guess the kids are not as entitled to protected spaces as adults? How is that fair?

If your 13 yr old wants to be in the Lab with the 11 yr old, they can do it during Open House, and be glad they get to do it at all. I'm quite happy that my kids will be over in Secured Programming not being overrun by teenagers.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #43
MyYearWithTheMouse
Disneyland In A Year!

Secondhand smoke is a health hazard. An overweight person in a bathing suit is not. Add me to the "banning smoking on verandahs" list.

Shelby, head My Year With The Mouseketeer
Old 03-08-2013, 07:44 PM   #44
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I think smoking should be banned on the ship...if not, just have a private room with all doors and windows shut so the smoke can't come out onto the open areas on the ship...just my opinion...and it's my health.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:51 PM   #45
NWmom
DIS Veteran

I would like a variation on the smoking on verandah topic.

I have asthma and smoke is one of the triggers for an attack for me.

I would like a section designated where I knew it was safe to book a verandah cabin. Seems like a shame to pay the extra money for a verandah when smokers above, below or next door could turn a wonderful verandah into an expensive visit to the ships doctor. Especially when just avoiding the smoke keeps me from the asthma attack.

Also, please make the smoking areas on the ship so that there is a way to get from point A lift to point B on the deck without having to walk through the smoke. Also please mark that path as "Smokefree route"
I just want to be able to avoid it, but do want to be able to share the ship nicely.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: