Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
cheer25mom
DIS Veteran

We definitely find a moderate to be worth the extra cost. It just seems to be a more relaxing, laid back atmosphere. This, even beyond the tangible benefits, makes it a no brainer for us.
cheer25mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #17
lovesdumbo
DIS Veteran

I've stayed at ASMu, ASMo (twice), and Pop (7 times). I've also stayed at POR and POFQ and BWI, YC, Poly & CR. I do love my deluxe stays but I also enjoy my value stays. I like the values more than the moderates. The mods are nicely landscaped but that means they are more spread out except for POFQ which is compacted. The mod rooms aren't much bigger than the value rooms. The mod bathrooms are smaller than the values which you notice if you have young kids that need help in the tub. And while many folks complain about the bus stops and queues at the values I actually prefer them to the free for all at the mod (and deluxe) bus stops. I also really like that once on the bus you're on your way at the value resorts while at the mods you have more bus stops to make before your on your way.
lovesdumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #18
Manateemum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by YachtandBeachy
I also noticed that, generally, there is a difference in the "class" of people when it comes to value vs moderate vs deluxe.
What on earth do you base a broad statement like that on??
Manateemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #19
davedmaine
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I also noticed that, generally, there is a difference in the "class" of people when it comes to value vs moderate vs deluxe.
You're just supposed to think that, not say it out loud
davedmaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:39 PM   #20
EagleScout
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manateemum

What on earth do you base a broad statement like that on??
I do not really want to get in the middle of a "class" debate, but the values do tend to have "groups" of various kinds, particularly youth groups of various organizations (both domestic and international), which tends to bring out a mob mentality/rowdiness/etc that could be mistaken for low-class. (Even kids from good homes, etc sometimes get a bit unruly in these situations of minimal supervision). In the past, we have thought mods had slightly better food options and pools than values, but we understand the new a of a has great marks on both of those issues. The only thing csr has is that values do not is a gym. We have been blessed recently that my career has sort of taken off so now i pretty much only do deluxe, but mainly due to proximity to park and certain amenities- i have met nice people at all.
EagleScout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:15 PM   #21
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleScout View Post
I do not really want to get in the middle of a "class" debate, but the values do tend to have "groups" of various kinds, particularly youth groups of various organizations (both domestic and international), which tends to bring out a mob mentality/rowdiness/etc that could be mistaken for low-class. (Even kids from good homes, etc sometimes get a bit unruly in these situations of minimal supervision). In the past, we have thought mods had slightly better food options and pools than values, but we understand the new a of a has great marks on both of those issues. The only thing csr has is that values do not is a gym. We have been blessed recently that my career has sort of taken off so now i pretty much only do deluxe, but mainly due to proximity to park and certain amenities- i have met nice people at all.
There's only a part of accuracy here in this statement.

While yes CSR has a nice gym, that's not the only thing that they have , that value doesn't:

1)Bigger room
2)Queen size vs Full size beds
3)Lounge vs none at the values
4)Pools are a lil more elaborate plus all mods have water slides..CSR Happens to be the largest..
5)Hot tub
6)Multiple bus stops vs 1
7)Table serv. Restaurant & Pepper Market vs. values food courts ONLY.
8)Comfy Hammocks spread out along the lake

I'm sure there's more but you get the point....

All this adds up to CSR is awesome.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
DizDaD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:43 AM   #22
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by YachtandBeachy View Post
coming from a deluxe person..we have seen the biggest slob at the poly..leaving booze bottles on the beach to leaving a huge mess at the cl. i also recall a real rude badly behaved family what i would consider low class because how they treated the staff come out of the presidential suite at the bc. i recall dropping off people at pop from the me..all i saw was happy looking families and vacationers. now the values get alot of heat from the sports teams, which is justified if they cause problems. you can get ' low class' at any level. class isn't something you can buy. check out hollywood and most of the professional sports players most of the have loads of money and behave horribly.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #23
glammadiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry, but my "class" does not change depending on the level of resort I stay at. You will find obnoxious, loud, rude, narcissistic, snobbish, I'm better than you people at all levels. I know because I stay at all resort levels and I have seen them at values, mods and deluxes.
glammadiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #24
mkel34
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Somebody had to say it and I agree, sometimes the truth hurts.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #25
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

I wouldn't say "class". We've stayed at all levels and the only difference we found from the values up is the values is more little kid friendly so of course there's going to be more kids at the values- which means louder!. I didn't find any difference between the mods and deluxes kid wise. They are there but the resorts are bigger so it doesnt seem so overwhelming. (and of course ppl who have more money are going to be in the deluxes- they're expensive.). Doesn't mean they're better. We're all there to have FUN!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #26
Manateemum
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkel34

Somebody had to say it and I agree, sometimes the truth hurts.
You're right. Based on the original comment, I would say that people who stay at yacht and beach are of a very low class because they make rude generalizations on public forums. LOL

The absolute worst Disney experience I've had at a resort was at The Grand Floridian. The best were at CSR and All-Stars. It never pays to make sweeping generalizations.

Last edited by Manateemum; 03-09-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Manateemum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:02 AM   #27
AliceIn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I totally disagree. I've seen all sorts of people at all the resorts. There are plumbers, carpenters, and other tradespeople staying at the deluxes. There are wealthy people who choose a value. You really cannot look at the resort the person chose and assign a social class to them. There are some great reasons to pick a value! Last year I stayed at the AoA with my family because I thought for my kids' first trip it would be the hotel that wowed them the most. We met some wonderful families at the AoA last year.

AliceIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #28
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I once had a nice discussion with a bus driver who said they were thrilled when they got a value route over a deluxe as the people who stayed value didn't complain and gripe the way the people on the deluxe routes did. He said they were much more pleasant. Of course, we all know that the bus drivers aren't always the most reliable source of information. Personally, I've stayed all 3 levels and not had any problems at any of the levels.

OP - To me, the biggest difference between mod. and value is the "vibe." The values are bolder, full of energy, in your face kinds of places. The mods are more subdued, charming and relaxed. As to which is better, it really depends on what you are looking for in a vacation.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 11:15 AM   #29
tcherjen
DIS Veteran

I can't really say too much.. I have stayed on Disney property twice in my life so far. When I was little we stayed at FW in a motor home. That was a vacation I will always remember. We had so much fun!!! We then stayed at POP for my DD 16th birthday. I did not care for POP at all. The teens loved it though. We are staying at POR this trip and I love the pictures I have seen. When we vacation elsewhere we lean towards Homewood Suites, Hyatt or sometimes a Holiday Inn.

medhdd8ds16 dd19
http://www.pinterest.com/tcherjen/
tcherjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #30
calnmace
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Unreal
calnmace is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: