Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 05:55 PM   #1
mum2four
DIS Veteran

What is the best time of day to do laundry at the resorts?

I know this may vary by location, but generally speaking, have you found certain times of day are less busy in the laundry rooms? Early morning, late night, during the afternoon when everyone is at the park? Just trying to plan all the little details for our upcoming trips. Thanks!
Old 03-08-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
cubfans
Mouseketeer

We always do our laundry when we have a pool day. It's the only time we ever enjoy doing laundry. Take your time, catch some rays, eat a sandwich, and relax you will be on Disney time!
cubfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #3
MidgeD79
DIS Veteran

The laundry room is not open all of the time - I wish it was! I check a few times b4 I find something available. Be sure to bring your own change (because the machine doesn't always work) and soap tablets/dryer sheets from home (because they're cheaper).
MidgeD79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
POOHsie
DIS Veteran

I would generally say doing laundry during the day would be less crowded than after dinner time. Most people are at the parks during the day, and getting back to their resorts after dinner/dark. I travel with people who are not early risers, so that's when I get the laundry done. I have waited for a washer or dryer but it wasn't very long. To pass the time while my laundry is going, I sit by the pool and meet other guests.
POOHsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidgeD79 View Post
The laundry room is not open all of the time - I wish it was! I check a few times b4 I find something available. Be sure to bring your own change (because the machine doesn't always work) and soap tablets/dryer sheets from home (because they're cheaper).
I also do our laundry on a nonpark day. Usually late morning. While it's going I sit by the pool and read or write in my journal. It's a nice way to pass a quiet couple of hours. The driers are huge, so I can usually do 2 loads of wash and just one drier. I don't ever remember having to wait for a machine.

I'm not sure about every resort on property, but all the ones we've been to are open 24/7. You just need to use your KTTW to open the door.

I always bring my own detergent and change- I use an old film cannister (yes, I'm THAT old), it's just the right size to hold quarters.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:28 PM   #6
raven69david
I am a Superuser. Got a problem with that?!

At Deluxe's, you can use your room key to use the washer/dryer's and to buy detergent/dryer sheets. No dealing with change. At other resorts, most of them I've run into are open late. All of the resorts should have a laundry facility available 24 x 7.

From my experience, AoA, CR, AKL and All Stars are usually the quietest after 11:00pm. When there's evening EMH, that's a good time too.
1997-2003: Off-site, 2004: DD born ; missed this year, 2005: SoG for MVMCP, 2006: AKLSV for Magical Beginnings, 2007: ASMo/AKLSV for MVMCP, 2008: CSR for Surprise Trip in August, 2008: AKLSV/CR/POP for MVMCP, December 2008May 2009: Pop/AKLSV, August 2009: POFQ/WL-CL, December 2009: AKLSV for MVMCP Too many since then to list and WAYYY tttoooooooo many more to go.............
raven69david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
I know this may vary by location, but generally speaking, have you found certain times of day are less busy in the laundry rooms? Early morning, late night, during the afternoon when everyone is at the park? Just trying to plan all the little details for our upcoming trips. Thanks!
Sorry, first thing I thought of was "when it is not raining"!!!

After so many trips the only time it has been busy is when everyone has wet things! Otherwise not usually a problem. I do bring soap and fabric softener sheets with me. I usually only do one load for all 4 of us and none if just me and one kid. Except when at BLT I do every day cause I can( in the rom w/d). I do not notice much difference between value/mod/deluxe.
trishadono is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #8
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

In the summer, I found sunny afternoons to be a good time. They were crowded in the evenings. I've never tried morning. This was at value and mod. levels.

SmallWorld71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #9
Pembo
OH-IO

Did out laundry at POR in the am and was the only one in there. It was so relaxing to sit by the pool while doing laundry. Wish I could do it that way all the time. LOL

agree with pp - bring your own quarters and own soap
Old 03-09-2013, 10:28 AM   #10
Disneylvr
Mommy of Madelyn, Ebay Addict and Happy Scrapbooker
No longer addicted to the Creek
We could watch Wishes every night

We usually do our laundry midday while we are enjoying some pool time. Most of the time we stay at a moderate and the laundry rooms are conveniently located next to the quiet pools. We bring our own quarters and some of those laundry sheets that follow the laundry from the washer (as soap) and into the dryer (as fabric softener.) They are lightweight and pack well. I believe they are made by Purex.
20+ Disney Trips Since 1985 - All Star Movies, All Star Music, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Caribbean Beach, Contemporary, Polynesian, Port Orleans French Quarter, Port Orleans Riverside and Wilderness Lodge
Disneylvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 10:29 AM   #11
wolf29
DIS Veteran

I do it after a day at the Parks, in the evening around 11pm, while the boys are either swimming or getting ready for bed. The rooms are open 24/7, just need to use your room key to access. I bring some Tide Pods for the trip and we only pack around 4 days worth of clothes for a 10 day stay.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #12
mmmears
DIS Veteran

Morning or mid day when people are at the parks. Evening can get quite crowded, especially when it's really rainy and people are trying to dry off everything.

* Disneyland * Walt Disney World * Disneyland Paris ** Disney Wonder Bahamas * Disney Wonder Alaska *
*Grand Floridian Resort* Animal Kingdom Lodge * Polynesian Resort * Yacht Club * Beach Club * Disneyland Hotel * Grand Californian Resort *
mmmears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #13
teentoddlermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum2four View Post
Don't do it!

I always try to bring enough so that I don't waste precious vacation time on laundry. I know mom to 4 that that may be impossible, but... if you're going in the summer, you need such light clothes that take up hardly any space in your luggage, you could bring more than you need so you don't have to get stuck in the laundry room. If you are going during colder weather, this may not work. Good luck and have a blast!

October 1974, May and November 1985, August 1992, Offsite, August 1998 CSR, August 2003 GF Sugarloaf, August 2004 YC CL, August and November 2005 BWI CL and ASMu, August 2006 AKL, August 2007 WL, February 2008 YC, August 2008 [COLOR="red"]POP[/COLOR], July 2009 GF, Feb 2010 BC CL Feb 2011 BWI, Aug 2011 POP, Feb 2012 PORS, Aug 2012 PORS, April 2013 AoA and PORS, July 2013 ASSp, August 2013 DLH, Dec 2013 CBR, Feb 2014 PORS, July 2014 AKL August 2014, ASSp Nov 2014 POFQ, The teen is now in Law school, the toddler is in High school, but my username remains the same! (and I haven't aged)
teentoddlermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #14
mum2four
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help, everyone! Sounds like our afternoon pool breaks might be the best time to get laundry done.
Old 03-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
Belle83
DIS Veteran

I did some laundry in the evening at POR and I was the only one there.

Bring dryer sheets from home!
Belle83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: