DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 05:10 PM   #16
Sammie
DIS Veteran

I would go with top floor, our last stay we had the wildebeest herd above us.

I honestly think they were rearranging the furniture every night and considering how many times I have seen questions about moving the sleeper chair, I would not be surprised.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #17
zumbergc
DIS Veteran

About noise.
We started using an app called ambiance.
We all have allergies and have air cleaners in the bedrooms. So when we traveled I feared my son wouldn't sleep because the fan noise wouldn't be there

It helped him sleep.

With the app it let's u record a sound then it plays on a loop. So if u have a favorite noise that helps you sleep. Use that.

Now when they have the ihomes in the room it filled the room more. But using just the phone helps knock out stray noises. Just make sure to have it plugged in so the phone doesn't die

With my sons first visit at first he wouldn't go down. Then I went into the room attempting to get him to sleep then realized it was strangely quiet. Got the phone out then ds went to sleep

I'm sure they have similar apps for android.
Register to remove

Old 03-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #18
WoodysHat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie
I would go with top floor, our last stay we had the wildebeest herd above us.

I honestly think they were rearranging the furniture every night and considering how many times I have seen questions about moving the sleeper chair, I would not be surprised.
Oh geez, that's exactly what I'm afraid of! I bought the earplugs to try them out and they don't seem to work all that well. I'm leaning back towards top floor...
WoodysHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #19
quandrea
DIS Veteran

Like other posters, I have found the hallway running to be very loud at Kidani. Ear plugs could help that.

We always request an upper floor for good perspective. I also like being near the Zazu elevator. We are close to our parked car and Jambo house is only a two minute walk away. I love shopping there and picking up a few thinkgs at the Mara. We don't mind the longer walk to the pool (it's really on about three minutes or so). I always get the Zazu request by the way. Have fun. We are staying at BLT starting tomorrow and I feel a bit homesick for Kidani already.
quandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #20
Lucia_27
Mouseketeer

We've stayed at Kidana, Savannah View, twice. Once was 1st floor, once was top floor. Honestly, we liked both, but the 1st floor really lets you see the animals up close.

However, the noise from the hallways both times was close to unbearable. I don't blame it on the property, I blame it on the parents who let their kids run up and down the hall at midnight, yelling and stomping. Sigh.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #21
WoodysHat
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by quandrea
Like other posters, I have found the hallway running to be very loud at Kidani. Ear plugs could help that.

We always request an upper floor for good perspective. I also like being near the Zazu elevator. We are close to our parked car and Jambo house is only a two minute walk away. I love shopping there and picking up a few thinkgs at the Mara. We don't mind the longer walk to the pool (it's really on about three minutes or so). I always get the Zazu request by the way. Have fun. We are staying at BLT starting tomorrow and I feel a bit homesick for Kidani already.
Thanks! Is there a map that shows where the different elevators (like Zazu) are?
WoodysHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 07:26 AM   #22
MinnieVanMom
DIS Veteran

I also don't sleep well when not in my own bed so I travel with Ambien. A simple solution so I can feel better in the morning.
MinnieVanMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: