DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #1
jba2
Mouseketeer

DVC Resort Bedding

Can anyone please tell me what dvc properties have duvets rather than bedspreads? I have looked at photos of VWL and BWI and the photos show bedspreads. At Christmas time I stayed at the lodge and the rooms had duvets.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
chalee94
I thought all sand was ground up rocks
He's used to walking n00bies

BLT is it, as far as i know. your options are very limited right now.

other DVCs will be moving to duvets but it will take a few years...

chalee94 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #3
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

I'm at BLT now. Everyone is excited about the duvets but my question is if the white down comforter is changed between each guest? It's pretty heavy, it seems like alot of washing if done each time. If not, then I really don't see the big advantage over bedspreads.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:51 AM   #4
BirdsOfPreyDave

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalee94 View Post
other DVCs will be moving to duvets but it will take a few years...
I wish, but I'm not sure this is correct. SSR is in the middle of doing a soft goods refurb on all rooms this year, and is replacing the old bedspreads with new bedspreads.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #5
MouseMomx2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdsOfPreyDave View Post
I wish, but I'm not sure this is correct. SSR is in the middle of doing a soft goods refurb on all rooms this year, and is replacing the old bedspreads with new bedspreads.
It is correct. It was announced at the meeting in December. I would expect SSR to be the last to get them, simply because their bedspreads are the newest.
MouseMomx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

The bedspreads are not being replaced with duvets. They are moving towards triple sheeting instead of bedspreads.

I really hated that duvet at BLT. It wasn't secured inside the cover in any way. And the cover was wide open at the gap. No ties in the corners to tie it into the cover and nothing to close the gap. It was a real pain making the bed every morning.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:58 AM   #7
jba2
Mouseketeer

Thanks for your responses.
I was told by a Disney agent that DVCs get refurbed when the resort gets refurbed. Clearly, this doesn't seem to be the case. I was looking on-line at DVC room pictures for VWL and I only saw bedspreads, no duvets (or triple sheet system).
Old 03-08-2013, 09:42 AM   #8
tripletsmama
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB
I'm at BLT now. Everyone is excited about the duvets but my question is if the white down comforter is changed between each guest? It's pretty heavy, it seems like alot of washing if done each time. If not, then I really don't see the big advantage over bedspreads.
I would guess the comforter isn't changed, but the duvet is. I think the advantage is that the only part on the outside that you would be touching is the duvet. If (in theory) that's washed every time, that would be better than a comforter that's only washed every so often.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #9
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by jba2 View Post
Thanks for your responses.
I was told by a Disney agent that DVCs get refurbed when the resort gets refurbed. Clearly, this doesn't seem to be the case. I was looking on-line at DVC room pictures for VWL and I only saw bedspreads, no duvets (or triple sheet system).
The Disney Agent was incorrect. DVC resorts have their own schedule for renovations since members pay for all renovations. None of the DVC resorts have the triple sheeting yet because that won't start until 2014. Only BLT has the duvet. All the others have bedspreads. SSR just got new ones this year. The bedspreads are changed out maybe weekly or every other week, unless they are soiled.

For example, BC was renovated a few years ago. BCV hasn't been renovated yet because it is only about ten years old. WL was renovated last year. VWL may be getting a renovation in the near future (we were there in January and saw them changing out a two bedroom lockoff on our floor - wood look flooring, new carpet in the corridor outside the villa, new paint, etc). But all they did was the one two bedroom lockoff and it was pretty annoying trying to get past the work every day when they blocked the hallway with their supplies and work.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:17 PM   #10
jba2
Mouseketeer

Deb & Bill,
I had a sneaking suspicion that the agent wasn't presenting accurate information. I don't know why he would give misinformation as I would think a Disney agent would know this information. I was given this info. when I went to SSR to inquire about dvc.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:33 PM   #11
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletsmama View Post
I would guess the comforter isn't changed, but the duvet is. I think the advantage is that the only part on the outside that you would be touching is the duvet. If (in theory) that's washed every time, that would be better than a comforter that's only washed every so often.
If you sit on the bottom of the bed you would be touching the duvet. But if you laid on the bed while it was made, you would be touching the comforter. Plus if you are cold while sleeping and pull the comforter up, you would be touching the comforter. I just don't get the advantage. Plus I'd be surprised if they wash that duvet everytime. I didn't notice any on the housekeeping carts.

Old 03-08-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
Sammie
DIS Veteran

DebbieB, the comforter is inside the duvet. Do you have it confused with the bright cloth at the foot of the bed, that is not the duvet.

A duvet,actually it is a duvet cover, is simply a slipcover for a comforter/duvet (usually down or synthetic down). In that photo the duvet cover is white.

The thing in the photo at the foot of the bed that is colored with red circles is referred to as a Bed Scarf and no they don't remove them and laundry them often.

bed scarf
Web definitions
Fabric accessory that drapes across the bottom of a comforter or other bed covering for a decorative effect.

The duvet cover is simply a cover that the comforter goes in, and yes they remove those and wash them. And as Deb said the ones at BLT do not seem to be secured very well and we have stayed at other places where that was true and the duvet/comforter would slip down to the bottom of the cover.

Also the rehab at VWL is scheduled for some time in 2014. The room Deb saw in Jan and the hall carpet was a test.

Last edited by Sammie; 03-08-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: