Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #31
2manydaves
Mouseketeer

My kids are 11, 7 and 4, and we have stayed at POR three times. It was tight, but totally doable, especially since we didn't hang out there much.

Since 2013 isn't likely to bring free dining, we are looking at DVC rentals for this year. More cost, but more space and convenience.

It's definitely a trade-off.
2manydaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #32
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjprincess View Post
I'm sure they would prefer that all parties of 5 booked two rooms instead of one.
Just for the sake of clarity....she wasn't trying to push us to two rooms. She volunteered that a family of five including three kids and two adults could make a single room work just fine, esp. if the kids were smaller. When I explained to her that it was three adults, two kids, and that the third adult was 70+ and appreciated her privacy, she thought we'd get pretty cramped pretty quick.

We then started to book two rooms at Port Orleans, but that year we priced SSR and found an offer for a villa with washer/dryer and full kitchen for within a fraction of the same price as two regular hotel rooms at POR, and that was our solution.
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-08-2013, 02:15 PM   #33
LeahA
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2manydaves View Post
My kids are 11, 7 and 4, and we have stayed at POR three times. It was tight, but totally doable, especially since we didn't hang out there much.

Since 2013 isn't likely to bring free dining, we are looking at DVC rentals for this year. More cost, but more space and convenience.

It's definitely a trade-off.
We used to own at AKV, we definitely like the room, was trying to keep costs down this trip, but we might end up renting DVC points as well.
SARATOGA SPRINGS RESORT-X2
OLD KEY WEST
WILDERNESS LODGE
POLYNESIAN
POP CENTURY
LeahA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #34
njsmama
Mouseketeer

We are also a family of five and have stayed at POR. We are only in the room briefly midday to change into swim wear to go swimming and then to get dressed for dinner, then for bed time. We are fine with it because we are not in the room for prolonged periods.

If you tend to like to spend time in the room, I would opt for a family suite or two rooms.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #35
montessorimommy
Earning My Ears

Hi there just came back from POR three adults and two children 9 and 7 we were fine there is two queens and a pull down bed it is a little tight for clothing storage but if u r creative u will be fine
montessorimommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: