Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #181
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorama View Post
Having done our bit with planes, trains (shuttle), and automobiles, we clearly need a bus now

After yummy breakfast, we got back to our room just after 8:30 a.m., and the bags were still there. I was trying to not get anxious about this, and failing miserably, so DH suggested that I take Conor out to the airport while he got stuff together and made sure the bags left the building, so to speak.
Quick question about the Hyatt/Disney transfers...do they still allow you to "check in" the morning you go to the port or are they requiring check in at the port now? I've read conflicting rumors and was hoping you might have the truth.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #182
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Quick question about the Hyatt/Disney transfers...do they still allow you to "check in" the morning you go to the port or are they requiring check in at the port now? I've read conflicting rumors and was hoping you might have the truth.
Hi there - You can't check in at MCO anymore - stopped sometime in December - you can check in just for the ground transportation. However, since we were non-US citizens, we wouldn't have been able to check in anyway, even under the old system, so we weren't disappointed!

So... our bags disappeared at 8:30-ish, we checked in for ground transport at MCO, then went with everyone else to check in at port. It was really smooth, though, and our bags did show up in our rooms. We still got a "good" boarding number - 6.

Hope that helps!
Register to remove

Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #183
cblack
Mousketeer

Hey! I am way late to this party! I didn't even know you were doing a trip report, and I even had an honorable mention! Great report! I found it so interesting, as I read your report, that our vacations were SO different! I think this speaks volumes that the cruise can cater to many different families, likes/dislikes, etc. Even if you guys don't go on a cruise again, it sounded like you did have fun at least and were able to find things that kept you busy and Conor happy

I have to say that Conor is a really cool "little dude" and it was great spending time with you and your family in San Juan!

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:29 PM   #184
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
Hey! I am way late to this party! I didn't even know you were doing a trip report, and I even had an honorable mention! Great report! I found it so interesting, as I read your report, that our vacations were SO different! I think this speaks volumes that the cruise can cater to many different families, likes/dislikes, etc. Even if you guys don't go on a cruise again, it sounded like you did have fun at least and were able to find things that kept you busy and Conor happy

I have to say that Conor is a really cool "little dude" and it was great spending time with you and your family in San Juan!
Ha! Funny - yes, as you know, I'm following yours, so I was inspired to write ours. You definitely get an honorable mention - and you can vouch for me when I describe the level of sand-covered-ness that had to be seen to be believed on the beach.

It was great to meet Jayden too - she's so bright and spunky.

And yes, we had a good time - maybe even a very good time, verging on great! (Conor had a great time.) I just missed my beach. I'm fundamentally just super-lazy on vacation, and that's really the issue.

Speaking of lazy... work is calling to me, and I can't ignore it anymore.

Thx! I'll keep following yours along.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #185
cblack
Mousketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorama

Ha! Funny - yes, as you know, I'm following yours, so I was inspired to write ours. You definitely get an honorable mention - and you can vouch for me when I describe the level of sand-covered-ness that had to be seen to be believed on the beach.

It was great to meet Jayden too - she's so bright and spunky.

And yes, we had a good time - maybe even a very good time, verging on great! (Conor had a great time.) I just missed my beach. I'm fundamentally just super-lazy on vacation, and that's really the issue.

Speaking of lazy... work is calling to me, and I can't ignore it anymore.

Thx! I'll keep following yours along.
Yes, I can definitely confirm that I have never seen so much sand on one person. If I remember correctly from earlier in the day, his suit was blue, but I couldn't see a bit of blue when I came back to grab our stuff before heading to the pool. All I could think at that point was that I should have bought stock in baby powder

I need to finish my TR...it is closer. Hoping to finish it up tonight.

cblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:43 PM   #186
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblack View Post
Yes, I can definitely confirm that I have never seen so much sand on one person. If I remember correctly from earlier in the day, his suit was blue, but I couldn't see a bit of blue when I came back to grab our stuff before heading to the pool. All I could think at that point was that I should have bought stock in baby powder

I need to finish my TR...it is closer. Hoping to finish it up tonight.
Good luck with the TR, and thanks for backing me up - I do, on occasion, exaggerate (surprise!), but that, I did not need to hype up. Yes, good memory - blue and orange suit gone sand.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #187
Ensusieasm
Earning My Ears

Can't believe it's over!

Just got home last evening and had to thank you one more time for all the help your trip report gave me before and during my Fantasy cruise! Everything went very smoothly! We had beautiful sunny weather for the whole week on the ship and in all the ports. Your report about the Isla Verde Marriott was great information and we just took a 15 minute ride over and enjoyed the beach for three hours including umbrella shaded chaise lounges, hammocks under a palm tree, and a singing cab driver. We were back on the ship by 12:30 and just got our lunch there. So it was a very economical way to enjoy the sounds and sights of the beautiful huge aqua waves. Your report about the quiet cove cafe led me to go up there every morning at 6am for a private swim and private hot tub soak while watching the sun come up. None of the other 4000 folks aboard had the same idea so I literally had my own pool and hot tub! I am sad to be back home, but I really feel that we got the very most enjoyment out of our cruise because of the information and tips you provided in your report.
Thanks Again
Ensusieasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:11 PM   #188
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensusieasm View Post
Your report about the Isla Verde Marriott was great information and we just took a 15 minute ride over and enjoyed the beach for three hours including umbrella shaded chaise lounges, hammocks under a palm tree, and a singing cab driver. We were back on the ship by 12:30 and just got our lunch there. So it was a very economical way to enjoy the sounds and sights of the beautiful huge aqua waves.

Your report about the quiet cove cafe led me to go up there every morning at 6am for a private swim and private hot tub soak while watching the sun come up. None of the other 4000 folks aboard had the same idea so I literally had my own pool and hot tub! I am sad to be back home, but I really feel that we got the very most enjoyment out of our cruise because of the information and tips you provided in your report.
Thanks Again
Great news! I'm jealous you had great weather in San Juan - ours wasn't bad, but super windy, as I mentioned.

Was Robert there in Cove Café? I miss him! And yes, that 6:00 to 7:00 a.m. time was lovely and peaceful.

I'm really glad you had a great time, and I'm glad my report was helpful. Now back to the real world!
Old 03-17-2013, 06:41 PM   #189
Ensusieasm
Earning My Ears

Robert in quiet cove?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conorama View Post
Great news! I'm jealous you had great weather in San Juan - ours wasn't bad, but super windy, as I mentioned.

Was Robert there in Cove Café? I miss him! And yes, that 6:00 to 7:00 a.m. time was lovely and peaceful.

I'm really glad you had a great time, and I'm glad my report was helpful. Now back to the real world!
I'm not sure if that was Robert I would see in the Cove cafe through the window while I was swimming. He would enter and start getting the cafe ready shortly after I would start my swim. It was good to see someone around because I know I really shouldn't be in the pool alone. But I must confess that I never really met him, just a wave and a smile through the glass each morning, because I don't drink coffee. I would sip a pineapple juice on ice we bought in little cans in Orlando and kept in our refrigerator. So I don't know if it was Robert, but he seemed pleasant and he got used to me being in the pool and waving.
Yes, being back to the real world is hard to get used to. This was my first morning without all that amazing breakfast food....I had peanut butter crackers this morning and no waiter to say "Good Morning Madame Susaaaaan!" while he placedba napkin in my lap! HA! I usually cook a big Sunday meal for my husband and son and daughter in law....but I couldn't face that reality...I ordered Chinese and sent my son to pick it up! Haha!
Ensusieasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #190
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensusieasm View Post
Yes, being back to the real world is hard to get used to. This was my first morning without all that amazing breakfast food....I had peanut butter crackers this morning and no waiter to say "Good Morning Madame Susaaaaan!" while he placedba napkin in my lap! HA! I usually cook a big Sunday meal for my husband and son and daughter in law....but I couldn't face that reality...I ordered Chinese and sent my son to pick it up! Haha!
Totally fair!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:46 PM   #191
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

Subbing in from London...I also just finished and M.Ed while working full time. Where did you do yours? I was at Western....a cruise is an APT reward! We will be doing Eastern in August 2014. It will take me a while to catch up to the end of this thread where my post will be but I will be on the trail tonight!

Follow us to the Fantasy Pre-Trip Report
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3099534
ChrisParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:46 PM   #192
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisParker View Post
Subbing in from London...I also just finished and M.Ed while working full time. Where did you do yours? I was at Western....a cruise is an APT reward! We will be doing Eastern in August 2014. It will take me a while to catch up to the end of this thread where my post will be but I will be on the trail tonight!
Hey there in London! I did mine at Queen's. I convocate in June, though the work was all done by Dec 31st. (I uploaded the thesis on Dec 24th, because I really didn't want it hanging over my head over Christmas - it was a great feeling...)

Congrats on yours! I hope you enjoy the report. Happy reading.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:07 PM   #193
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

I convocate in June too but finished in December. really enjoying the tr so far.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #194
ChrisParker
Mouseketeer

Okay...have spent a very long time reading every word. I may have slept less than a wise amount last night to finish.

Question - what was the time you spent at the spa called? Was it a treatment tnat you had to book and if so, do you mind telling me how you found it/how much it cost? I don't really fancy any treatments but that morning sounded LUSH.

The fact that you finished an M.Ed makes me wonder if, like me, you are finished the headache of OSSLT today??

Thanks!

Beth

Old 04-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #195
Conorama
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisParker View Post
Okay...have spent a very long time reading every word. I may have slept less than a wise amount last night to finish.

Question - what was the time you spent at the spa called? Was it a treatment tnat you had to book and if so, do you mind telling me how you found it/how much it cost? I don't really fancy any treatments but that morning sounded LUSH.

The fact that you finished an M.Ed makes me wonder if, like me, you are finished the headache of OSSLT today??

Thanks!

Beth
Hi there -

Sorry to hear your sleep was depleted - not my intention at all.

It was the Rainforest Room pass - I can't recall how much it cost, but it was just a day pass, that you can find somewhere on the DCL site. I could have returned during the day too, if I wanted. I didn't book it at all - you book the day pass, and then just show up any day. I was very surprised that it wasn't busy at all on the last at-sea day. I didn't go back, but it was nice to know I could have!

I am in the land of "higher education", so nothing to do with OSSLT for me. Currently, I'm cursing and swearing about making a poster from my thesis work... but it ends up with going to Quebec City next weekend, I will stop complaining. Conor and DH are coming too, so I fully expect the usual sneaky pee battles!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: