Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #46
txwdwmom
Mouseketeer

Way too many problems and complains with Orbitz for my liking - I'll gladly pay more to work with Disney directly or a Disney travel agency! I've read some horror stories for reviews and my vacation is just too important. You can't get any help from them other than canned answers and in the case of something really wrong that's just not acceptable. And if a better Disney offer comes out you may be screwed even more.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #47
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwdwmom View Post
Way too many problems and complains with Orbitz for my liking - I'll gladly pay more to work with Disney directly or a Disney travel agency! I've read some horror stories for reviews and my vacation is just too important. You can't get any help from them other than canned answers and in the case of something really wrong that's just not acceptable. And if a better Disney offer comes out you may be screwed even more.
I am going on a daughter/mother trip. Staying at CSR new business club and then moving to Poly CL . Don't see how anything can go wrong? I already have email from poly about my arrival and requests.

Truly doing the "happy dance"! Saved money and no cooking or cleaning or homework/housework for 6 blissful days!!!
trishadono is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #48
BenandMorgsMom
Mouseketeer

Hi All! I can give you my update. There was no extra charge for kids. I added my 3 teens on after I received my original 2 adult confirmation for the cabins. There was no Disney Res # populated by Orbitz. I retrieved this directly from Disney Customer Care after calling and requesting it. I booked magical express through the website. It was easiest this way. Magical Express did have visibility to my Orbitz ressie # though. I found that interesting, but customer service took a little work to find my ressie and link it. I have since linked my Orbitz ressie and my continuing Disney Ressie (Orbitz sale was through 4/15 and we are staying longer). Hope this helps with some of the confusion out there. Disney agreed...and tried....I could not save by booking through Disney directly. They could not match the price for the same room through Orbitz. I will carry both my Orbitz Ressie # and my Disney Ressie # for check in.

Happy Spring Break!
BenandMorgsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #49
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenandMorgsMom View Post
Hi All! I can give you my update. There was no extra charge for kids. I added my 3 teens on after I received my original 2 adult confirmation for the cabins. There was no Disney Res # populated by Orbitz. I retrieved this directly from Disney Customer Care after calling and requesting it. I booked magical express through the website. It was easiest this way. Magical Express did have visibility to my Orbitz ressie # though. I found that interesting, but customer service took a little work to find my ressie and link it. I have since linked my Orbitz ressie and my continuing Disney Ressie (Orbitz sale was through 4/15 and we are staying longer). Hope this helps with some of the confusion out there. Disney agreed...and tried....I could not save by booking through Disney directly. They could not match the price for the same room through Orbitz. I will carry both my Orbitz Ressie # and my Disney Ressie # for check in.

Happy Spring Break!
Thanks for letting us know!
Old 03-07-2013, 10:00 PM   #50
MyTwoPrincesses
DIS Veteran

How do you add the Orbitz reservation to your My Disney Experience? I am going to call in the next few days to cancel my package and sort out Magical Express etc. for my new booking. Is the number under the hotel name the number to give to the WDW rep (not the orbitz number - there is one that is shorter under the resort name)?

Now a Mom of THREE Princesses.
DD (8) , DD (6) DD (3)

1989: Offsite
Nov 2009: 7 days at Coronado Springs
March 2011: 8 days at POFQ
May 2013: 7 days at Art of Animation (Lion King Suites)
Can't stay away! Heading back to WDW in February 2014: 6 days at Port Orleans Riverside
MyTwoPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:32 PM   #51
bltman
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenandMorgsMom View Post
Hi All! I can give you my update. There was no extra charge for kids. I added my 3 teens on after I received my original 2 adult confirmation for the cabins.
The Cabins, the suites at AOA and the various villas did not charge kids as adults. Only the regular rooms.
bltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:13 AM   #52
BenandMorgsMom
Mouseketeer

I was able to input that Disney Reservation # that customer service gave me (the 1st leg of my trip thru Orbitz) and it populated in My Disney Experience. It would not accept the Orbitz Ressie #. The separate Ressie I booked through Disney directly is listed below the first with my continuing stay.

Bottom line: You need a Disney Reservation # to make it work in their system. Call customer service and obtain a #. I spoke with a supervisor.
BenandMorgsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:28 AM   #53
txwdwmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Don't see how anything can go wrong? I already have email from poly about my arrival and requests.
Have fun!
Old 03-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #54
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwdwmom View Post
I can see why one would not want to book third party, but you're not screwed, at least not on the booking I did - it's cancellable, just the same as a room only reservation made through Disney is cancellable. If a better offer comes out, cancel it and rebook through Disney.

I use Orbitz a lot for flights, but hardly ever for hotels.

You do have to pay in full on booking with this offer - but it's still cancellable.

I got about $75 back on two weekend trips for this offer. I'm spending it on food and beverages.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #55
Tammy296
DIS Veteran

We are looking into purchasing through Orbitz now - cheaper for deluxe's -- the question I have is... if we get our MYW tickets and room through them what do we do about adding dining????

Orbitz doesn't release the actual Disney reservation number upon purchasing...

HELP!

Tammy

-----------------------------
All Star Sports May 1997; Pop Century May 1999; Pop Century May 2010; Port Orleans French Quarter Nov 2010; Port Orleans Resort New Rooms Sept/Oct 2012; FIRST SOLO STAY: Beach Club/POP Century Mar 2013; POR Oct 2013
Tammy296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #56
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy296 View Post
We are looking into purchasing through Orbitz now - cheaper for deluxe's -- the question I have is... if we get our MYW tickets and room through them what do we do about adding dining????

Orbitz doesn't release the actual Disney reservation number upon purchasing...

HELP!

Tammy
If you want the dining plan you need to book a package. And Orbitz isn't offering any packages, this is just a room reservation. (and they sell tickets, but it's separate) If you want the dining plan, this deal is not for you.

People are contacting Orbitz and making a special request for the Disney number after they've booked. That's how they are getting the Disney number. You only need that if you want to add it to the WDW website and do online checkin, etc; using Orbitz's info on contacting Magical Express only requires the Orbitz number.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #57
bltman
Earning My Ears

You can also log in to Orbitz and other travel booking sites through ebates and save a few more dollars that way.
bltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #58
Mynamewastaken
Mouseketeer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltman View Post
You can also log in to Orbitz and other travel booking sites through ebates and save a few more dollars that way.

Thanks so much for this info. I went ahead through Ebates and booked a room over at POR Royal Rooms for almost 100.00 cheaper!! Yayyy... now will wait and link my ressie over to the Disney site and then cancel my Disney one. Used my Disney Visa for extra reward dollars too

2003-POR
2011- Poly TPV
2012- POR/BWI
2015- AKLV/BWV
Mynamewastaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 10:43 PM   #59
Bilierka
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishadono View Post
Took me a while to find it/new to orbitz. Promo code SPRING20. I got 20% off the 30% off spring sale from Disney. I booked poly club and saved 20% extra I am going 4/5-4/8. Disney had 807.50 a night but I got 805 plus 20%.
You have to put name in first then next page on top is spot to add promo code. Be sure to use caps! Good luck!
800.00 bucks a night to stay at the poly!!!for that price, I would never leave the room!
Bilierka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:29 PM   #60
trishadono
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilierka View Post
800.00 bucks a night to stay at the poly!!!for that price, I would never leave the room!
That's why I like getting it for $640 instead! We are staying at CSR for first few days then this is a treat just a few days at end. Yes I had sticker shock but last vacation with my daughter after 17 years of disney trips ( we started at her 1yr bday) I often do value and mods but for 18th bday I wanted my last memories to be extra magical!!!

Also considering Easter week is so busy it will be a good time to hang out at the hotel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: