Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
DevonsDisneyMom
DIS Veteran

I had a feeling by the title of your thread, that this might pretain in AKL. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, AKL just wasn't for you. A agree with other posters, don't let it discourage you from staying at other deluxe resorts though.

My take on AKL was the opposite of yours, I loved the calming warm tones of the color scheme at the resort. I also liked that it was a little further away from all the hustle and bustle of the parks. After a long day in the parks, I love coming home to AKL. We have always stayed at Jambo House in the past, ans this June we are giving Kidani a try. One of the main things that concerned me was no QS location there, but that quickly faded as I realized, that we are rarely at the hotel to eat. I always bring breakfast items from home to eat at the room and we tpyically eat lunch in the parks before heading back to the resort for an afternoon swim, and dinner is usually eaten at the parks or DTD as well.

I have my preferances for resorts on all resort levels, I like the values for when $$ is tight and its a short trip, in which case I go with staying at All Star Sports... Most trips to Disney, we stay at a moderate. CSR is my favorite. When $$$ allows, we will stay deluxe. AKL is usually are go to followed closely by WL. Hoping to stay at Boardwalk one day though!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: