Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #25
arthropodtodd
Mouseketeer

Like everyone else I cannot stand the "I will never go back" people. When they book a vacation to Mexico, do they just show up there and not plan anything? Or how about when driving to Yellowstone? No thoughts and what they might want to do and see there? We are going to LA in june and we are planning and studying what we can do out there besides a quick trip to DL.

I get the wanting to sleep in, it is a vacation. But if I am spending money where there is stuff to do, I am doing to as much as of it as I can. We just plan a lazy or day or two, and by lazy I mean showing up 30 minutes after RD.

However, I do fault Disney with part of this. 180 days for ADRs is silly, always has been. I was okay with 90, but it really should be 45 to 60 at the most. People can be too busy with their lives to plan a trip (which park which day) to plan meals that far out. (I also do think that people staying on resort should get to book first, even if only 10 days ahead of the rest of the public). Also when most of your marketing materials just focus on rides with families and meeting characters, it is easy for the uniformed to think of Disney as just a nicer, bigger Six Flags. They used to market less the "experience" and market the idea of a being a destination, which means "we are bigger than you can imagine, might want to read up a little so you can have a good time."

WL 2004 - Wedding and Honeymoon there
WL - 2006
WL - 2009
CR - 2011
WL - 2012
WL Club Level - 2013
WL - 2014

Coming next:
December 2014 - the whole family

In the pipe:
arthropodtodd is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread