Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #316
Cj1977
Earning My Ears

Very cool

Looks cool
Cj1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #317
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Update

Alright guys I need to let you know where we are at the moment and why there has been nothing...nada...zilch posted for so long.

Some of you may be aware of the changes to Photobucket, which is the photo site I have used for years now to do my Trip Reports. I have hundreds of thousands of my photos on Photobucket, and they are now being held hostage...

See, it used to be Photobucket had unlimited storage space but very limited bandwidth (which is the number of views it gets when linked or embedded in a thread). This was super reasonable for someone like me, I would just pay for a Pro account to upgrade the bandwidth while I had a TR going. Easy peasy.

But NOW they have gone and not only severely throttled the bandwidth that the lowest priced Pro Account, but they have limited the storage as well. Since I had sooo many pictures already, prior to the changes...do you think I'd get grandfathered in? Heh. I did, but apparently not. So I am already waaaaaaay over the free account's limits on storage from the get go and in order to pay to cover the amount of storage I need to re-up all of my links it is a ridiculous $40/month or something like that.

So needless to say I am NOT a happy camper. I'd like to leave my old photos in PB where they are and just add new photos from a different source, like FLickr as the report continues...but some of my old photos and links may not work, and I'm not sure if they ever will. Frankly I am not inclined to pay the highway robbery that Photobucket now wants to charge me.

So, now I am looking into alternatives. I think Flickr may work, their prices are much more reasonable for unlimited bandwidth and storage on a monthly basis.

And, on top of that my laptop hard drive is full yet again. I am trying to come up with a solution for that as well that does not involve buying yet another (#8...#9?) EHD.

So obviously right now I am in a holding pattern. I apologize profusely..this whole thing has been a serious headache!

If anyone knows of any good alternatives or options I'm happy to hear it! Thanks!!!

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #318
superme80
DIS Veteran

So sorry to hear that. I am enjoying your report. I hope you can get things figured out.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 1 year old
superme80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #319
JustTJ
Luv Dising

I know you do scrapbooking and you can post gallery pages here from mousescrappers. How about Make a few simple templates without a lot of embellishments (that takes time ect to choose just the right ones), that you can just slide your photos into from your computer, upload them into your gallery on Mousescrappers, then post that page here in your trip report? I can help with that if you'd like.
2011 Disney Dream "Mommy & Tim" B2B Cruise
2013 Disney Fantasy "Escape From Winter" Cruise

2014 RCI Oasis "Birthday Cruise"
2014 Disney Fantasy "Halloween" Cruise
JustTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #320
threeiscrazy
DIS Veteran

Location: Home is where the Navy sends us, for the moment Northern Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

And, on top of that my laptop hard drive is full yet again. I am trying to come up with a solution for that as well that does not involve buying yet another (#8...#9?) EHD.
I feel your pain. My Mac keeps telling me it's full. I've had a friend look at it and then tell me I have a very expensive photo album on my desk. It's gotten so bad that my iphone won't let me take pictures because it is full too! I'm down to bare minimum apps so I can keep pictues

Good Luck figuring it all out.

Discover
threeiscrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:09 PM   #321
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I thought the new one was $50 per year for the lowest pro account. I am with you, this whole new system is awful. My pro expires in April and I will not be renewing either, which means I might have some issues as well. But I loading all my new ones to flickr. I am trying the 3 month pro, which is only like $7 and so fare I like it. Not as great as old photobucket, but still much better than any other site I have tried so far.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:04 PM   #322
Luv2Diz
We love the Wonder and Magic of Disney cruising!

Frustrating! Although I was kind of glad to hear that your TR is delayed due to technical difficulties and not that you had gotten so busy that you just didn't have time to finish it!
DL 1969, DL 1971, DL 1972, DL 1996. WDW 1974 Offsite, 1977 Offsite, 1981 Offsite, 1985 Offsite, 1988Offsite, Sept. 2005 Shades of Green, Sept. 2008 SOG, Sept. 2009 POR, January 2010 POR, Sept. 2011 POR, Wonder Alaska 8/27/12, Magic W. Caribbean 12/1/12, Magic Bahamas 5/10/13, Disneyland April 2014
Luv2Diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:26 PM   #323
EastYorkDisneyFan
DIS Veteran

$40 dollars a mouth from photo bucket that's ridiculous you can get 2 years on a pro account from flikr for that much.

You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it takes people to make the dream a reality.
- Walt Disney
EastYorkDisneyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:56 AM   #324
podsnel
just skippin' around, amusing myself...

That really stinks, Jen! Was it time for you to renew? Is that how you found out?
podsnel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:08 AM   #325
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post

If anyone knows of any good alternatives or options I'm happy to hear it! Thanks!!!
I haven't tried this but Google Drive offers a lot of storage space and I think you can link to images within it....we just started using Google Applications for work so I'll have to do some more research.

I've started dumping pictures into Facebook and making individual albums public for TR viewing. So far I haven't had a big problems with links but the pictures are large.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:45 AM   #326
anewmac
Ive got nothing planned whats an OCVP to do?

oh that sucks.. hmm i havent been on photobucket in forever (hence my tr still at a standstill after day 1 LMAO)

Have you looked into Smugmug.com ? A friend of mine swears by it.. but she's not using it like you would for trippies!

I use google photo and like it and its free for basic at least. But again I just make albums and email them.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:17 PM   #327
DisneyRhondaKay
Earning My Ears

I can't to get to the actual cruise! Hope the picture issues get worked out soon.
Old 05-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #328
Wlamas
Earning My Ears

Nenner1 , Did you solve the problem with the pictures? I hope so. I'm dying to see the rest of your trip report!!! Come back soon!
Wlamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:27 AM   #329
DLW8
DIS Veteran

Jen has left us again for another cruise, but hopefully when they are back she will be able to work on this TR.

3/2014 Solo weekend Yacht Club, 9/2012 Eastern Cruise on the Fantasy, 9/2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge to celebrate our 15th Anniversary, 11/2010 Cruisin on the Magic, 12/5/09 First Cruise with a stay at the Poly, 1/16/08 First Family trip: Boardwalk Villas, 5/2000 PO, 10/1997 Dixie, 8/1995 Yacht Club, 6/1995 All Star Music, 1972 - 1989: off property trips in my youth!!

Currently saving for a Fall Western Fantasy in 2014!
DLW8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #330
nenner1
I must've been distracted by the Cafe Press Logo Thong talk!

Whoa, look everyone at what the cat dragged in!

I *think* I have the picture situation under control. I have started an account at Flickr and while I'm not very comfortable with the interface yet, it should be good enough to get the TR back on track so I can share all of our AMAZING adventures on the Fantasy!

Yes..we did just get back from another cruise. We were cheating on DCL again giving *gasp* Carnival a try on their newest ship the Breeze. We liked the ship and had a great time. Is it as great of a cruise as DCL...no. DCL is more of an experience. Ron likens it like this: Is Pop Century as elaborate as the Grand Floridian? No. But does that make it bad? Certainly not. Just different. But we sure managed to have fun, as we always do, and we felt given what we paid, our cruise on the Breeze was an amazing value!

So I absolutely will be back on track very soon. Not tonight. LOL. So I should just stop teasing but I have a photo sharing account ready to go, some space on my hard drive, and a couple more days of vacation before I get back to work. We'll see how that goes. I've promised myself I will not start a Breeze TR anywhere until I get this one back going strong so.....

Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas 9/2011- NEW! TRIP REPORT! - Disney Magic 7 Night Western 10/2010: Trip Report - Royal Caribbean Independence of the Seas 1/2010: Trip Report and Videos - Disney Magic 7 Night Western Double Dip 09/08: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 3 Night Bahamas 10/07: Trip Report - Disney Wonder 4 Night Bahamas 03/07: Trip Report
nenner1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: