Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #16
DLmama
Mouseketeer

Absolutely! DS has been a couple of times since turning 4. We'll be going a few more times this year and will definitely bring the stroller. We usually leave the stroller in the hotel room for the morning/early afternoon and bring it back to the parks for the evening. We found that we were parking the stroller a lot during the day and DS was riding in it more at night. So, we just started leaving it at the hotel.
DLmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 PM   #17
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

I would take one for him but don't be surprised if you don't need it. We took our kids a few years back and my son turned 4 on the trip. We had just spent two days in San Diego (Sea World and Zoo) so our first DL day was his third day in a row of being on the go. We thought he'd need one for sure so we lugged it along. It ended up holding our backpack all day and was a real pain in the rear. We left it in the room the rest of the trip and had no issues.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #18
wallawallakids
DIS Veteran

I am another one who says YES! I am probably going to take one for our 5 yr olds! I am hoping it is the last year we need to take one but they still get tired walking all day. (I am only taking a single though, so they are going to have to take turns!) When my older two turned 6 they were both fine keeping up all day but at 4 all 4 of them still needed a stroller. Have a great trip!

wallawallakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #19
superme80
DIS Veteran

YES!!! We took a double for our 2 and 4 year old. The 4 year old rode in it a lot.
DH-42 ME-34 DS #1-5 DS #2 3 DS #3 9 months old
superme80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #20
Casey's Mommie
Nothing makes a Mommy happier than hearing her baby laugh!

I used a stroller for my dd through age 5. For a 4 year old I would definitely take it and it's nice to have it to hold stuff!)
Old 03-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #21
mamaCta
DIS Veteran

We used a cheap umbrella stroller in WDW when SDD was 7. There was no way she could have kept up the same pace as the 5 adults she was with. She mostly used it when we were crossing long distances, getting from park to parking lot, and she would sleep in it on our way out of the park after the fireworks. It was also nice to have a place to hang our lunch bag.

This trip is Me, DH, Sis21, DD15, DS6, DD3, and the ILs.

Disneybounding planning on mama-c.polyvore.com
mamaCta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:55 PM   #22
Amommy21
Mouseketeer

I don't do strollers for kids over 3. DS walked full days from age 2 on.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:14 PM   #23
starshine514
DIS Veteran

I would. He's going to be a very young 4. I lugged one around for my youngest until she was 5.5 and then I finally told her no more (if it was up to her, she would still be using one, as would her older sister who is 8). Since you're going to have to have one for the little one anyway, I might think about a tandem (or sit and stand, they are smaller) so that you aren't pushing around an empty stroller if he doesn't use it (but I'm pretty sure he'll use it some, especially if he sees a younger sibling getting to use one). I recommend a tandem rather than a side-by-side because it can be difficult to push a side-by-side if there is only one child in it, or if there are weight differences in the children.
Disneyland Trips -1983, 1986, May 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, August 2011 - Super 8 on Katella, November 2011 - Desert Inn & Suites, December 2011 - Quality Inn on Manchester, January 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, March 2012 - Desert Inn & Suites, May 2012 - Del Sol Inn, September 2012 - Del Sol Inn, November 2012 - Del Sol Inn, January 2013 - Ramada Maingate, February 2013 - Quality Inn on Manchester, April 2013 - Del Sol Inn, May 2013 - Hojo, August 2013 - Del Sol Inn, September 2013 - Desert Inn & Suites, November 2013 (one day trip!) - Welk Resort San Diego
Disney World Trips - July 1988, January 2010 - Sheraton Vistana Resort, November 2010 (work trip - no family along) - Coronado Springs Resort
starshine514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #24
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amommy21
I don't do strollers for kids over 3. DS walked full days from age 2 on.
He must have amazing stamina. We use a stroller and take breaks in the room. I can't imagine any of my kids walking all day at Disneyland at 2. I think if I tried it would look ugly.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #25
DznyPrnces
Mouseketeer

Yup. I was just there about a week ago. I have a just turned 4 year old DD and a (at the time) 5 month old DS. I only took a single stroller and brought an ergo. Around 4 DS fell asleep in the ergo. Since the stroller was free and we were going clear across the park I let my DD hop in. Once we got to our next ride I realized she was asleep. She probably would have been ok otherwise, but it was nice she got a nap in. It just confirmed for me the need to rent a double when we go to WDW in May (I don't have one).
Old 03-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #26
sherilaine
DIS Veteran

I know this is a bit off topic but can you imagine sitting in a stroller and being pushed around Disneyland - getting out only when you see something you like or there is a ride you want to go on - my would that not be the best thing!!

Kids have it too good!!
March 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3247388

sherilaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:22 PM   #27
cymbaldiva
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherilaine
I know this is a bit off topic but can you imagine sitting in a stroller and being pushed around Disneyland - getting out only when you see something you like or there is a ride you want to go on - my would that not be the best thing!!

Kids have it too good!!
Kids do have it dead easy now - back I'm the day I had to actually walk! LOL
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #28
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherilaine

Kids have it too good!!
Oh, I completely agree. My kids are great walkers! Always have been, but Disneyland is a lot of walking. They don't stay in the stroller all day. my son walked about 80% of the time, but the 20% we needed it, i sure was glad to have a stroller. If they get tired before you can get out of the park, it is nice to have the stroller for them to relax, and maybe even fall asleep, in. I physically can't carry a toddler, or even a baby, the distance necessary to get them back to the room once exhausted. Having the stroller allows us comfortable travel back to our room.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:36 PM   #29
mysteriouspnai
DIS Veteran

Sorry if this is hijacking the thread, but at what age do you think strollers is inappropriate then? I'm not a mother yet, so my question isn't as important, but when the time comes I don't want to be judged like these people : Too Big for Stroller.

Anyways, from personal experience, my parents took two strollers in for me and my brother when we were 4 and 2, as well as when we were 5 and 3.
mysteriouspnai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #30
DisneyJamieCA
DIS Veteran

I say yes. We actually take our sit & stand for our 4 & 2 yr old. He can walk most of the time, but when we're in a hurry or walking a long distance, he can hop on.

Upcoming: Oct 16-19 (DLH); Nov 19-25 (GCH)

DL Onsite - Aug. '06 (GCH), Dec. '06 (GCH), Dec. '07 (GCH), Feb. '12 (DLH) Nov. '12 (GCH), Nov. '13 (DLH), June '14 (PPH)

DL Offsite - Sept. '07, Aug. '08, Aug. '09, Nov. '10, July '11, June '12, Oct. '12

DisneyJamieCA is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: