Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #46
DisneyOHFan
Livin' for Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChloroFiend View Post
Yep, I was the guy in the middle...took 2nd.
My DH just said, "Ah, the hockey guy with all the penalty minutes"
DisneyOHFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #47
amandat118
Earning My Ears

We were on the cruise last June with Murr. We seen him so many times he was very nice and did pictures with all of us. My sister and her fiancé spent lots of time talking about the show in the adult pool one day. I tried to get my husband to go take corn off his plate at castaway cay and just walk off but he chickened out. It would have been hilarious though :-)
amandat118 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #48
acourtwdw
DIS Veteran

Jodi Benson, voice of Ariel and Barbie

Jennifer Hudson, Right before she was an Oscar winner

Linda Cohen, ESPN anchor

Vince Palpali, Eagles football player. The movie Invincible was his story.

Idina Menzel, Wicked

One of the Sherman brothers ( I can't remember which one). They wrote a ton of music for Disney, like Mary Poppins and its a small world.

Alice Davis, created the costumes for its a small world and the large mosaic at the Contemporary

There are more but I can't remember them right now.
Places we've stayed at WDW:Carribean Beach, Animal Kingdom Lodge, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music, Cornado Springs, Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk Villas, Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Bay Lake Towers, Fort Wilderness Campground, Port Orleans, Dixie Landings

Other Disney Properties:Hilton Head, Vero Beach, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Cruise Line, Platinum, baby! (including the WBTA 2010 and Hawaii Oct 2012) and Disneyland Paris
acourtwdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #49
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandat118 View Post
We were on the cruise last June with Murr. We seen him so many times he was very nice and did pictures with all of us. My sister and her fiancé spent lots of time talking about the show in the adult pool one day. I tried to get my husband to go take corn off his plate at castaway cay and just walk off but he chickened out. It would have been hilarious though :-)
Haha! You were on the same cruise we were. That would have been so funny! I told my husband the same thing (except not corn) in AP because their table was close to ours.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM   #50
dahuffy
Always Be Nice To The Lunch Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmestace View Post
We were on the "Ally & AJ" cruise. They were snotty in person.

Can't even remember the name of another young actress who had her room a few doors from ours. She wasn't very pleasant either.
dahuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 PM   #51
McDonald5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMouseMom View Post
We were on the Dream Aug 2011 with Donnie Osmond. I didn't notice him, but my husband did! Donnie was helping a kid who fell on the stairs while going up to the Aqua Duck (spelling?). My DH kept saying 'I think that's Donnie Osmond!" (quietly), and of course I was oblivious. We found out the next day he had an informal signing for guests, then I got the "told you so" from DH!!
My mom would just DIE if she saw Donnie Osmond! She had the biggest crush on him when she was a teenager (I think they are the same age). My dad still says his name like he's "ooo-ing" over him whenever she mentions him, just to tease her. LOL They keep going back and forth on coming with us for this cruise. Maybe if I mention this story it'll push them over the edge.

Disney Fantasy - 7 night Western Caribbean Oct-Nov 2013
McDonald5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:56 AM   #52
tvguy
Question anything the facts don't support.

Annie Potts was apparently on our Magic cruise. We never saw her.

When DW and I first started cruising on NCL back in the 1980's, they had celebrity performers appearing on board, usually singers and a comic, and usually a sports celebrity. The performers would do 1 show, but would be on board the whole week mingling with the passengers. These are performers you would see on the Tonight Show or Letterman.

I have to admit many of the "celebrities" listed in this thread are people I have never heard of, and I suspect that may be the same for many of you with the celebrities we cruised with in the 1980s'
>Jack Jones (singer who sings the Love Boat theme)
> Norm Crosby (comic)
>Shields and Yarnell (mime team, used to have a show on CBS in 1977-78 and were regulars on the Bob Hope troop specials)
> Fifth Dimension (singing group, their hits include Aquarius and Up Up and Away)
> Moses Malone (nba player 1974-1995)
Old 03-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #53
DisneyOrBustColorado
Mouseketeer

Right after spending a week in WDW (December 2010) & watching the Candle Light Processional we boarded the Wonder for our family's first Disney Cruise. Much to our surprise, when we sat down at dinner, Steven Curtis Chapman was sitting at the table next to us with his daughter Stevie Joy. Our boys & Stevie Joy really seemed to have a nice time playing. Steven Curits Chapman & Stevie Joy were amazingly nice people!!! They were in a stateroom just down the hall from us & we even sat with them at the shows in the Walt Disney Theater. We really tried not to overreact & give them some privacy, but they were just such wonderful, nice, down to earth people!!! On the last night we finally asked for an autograph & our server took a picture of all of us together. It was a memory that will last a lifetime for us & I seriously doubt we will ever top it.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:48 PM   #54
tajz90
Mama D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyOrBustColorado
Right after spending a week in WDW (December 2010) & watching the Candle Light Processional we boarded the Wonder for our family's first Disney Cruise. Much to our surprise, when we sat down at dinner, Steven Curtis Chapman was sitting at the table next to us with his daughter Stevie Joy. Our boys & Stevie Joy really seemed to have a nice time playing. Steven Curits Chapman & Stevie Joy were amazingly nice people!!! They were in a stateroom just down the hall from us & we even sat with them at the shows in the Walt Disney Theater. We really tried not to overreact & give them some privacy, but they were just such wonderful, nice, down to earth people!!! On the last night we finally asked for an autograph & our server took a picture of all of us together. It was a memory that will last a lifetime for us & I seriously doubt we will ever top it.
If you saw the show that Chapman narrated, you saw my son and his school choir They were able to perform with him in 2010.
tajz90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #55
noahdove
DIS Veteran

I would love to meet Steven Curtis Chapman...or Bill Cosby...I don't watch movies (except old ones) and when I watch tv it's foodnetwork, hgtv, hallmark and inspire...

Last edited by noahdove; 03-10-2013 at 12:04 PM.
noahdove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #56
TheWalsh
Earning My Ears

I met the live entertainment before they performed, but they were finalists on Americas Got Tlent
TheWalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #57
Dan29racing
Earning My Ears

Apparently Larry The Cable Guy was on the Fantasy cruise we just got off of. I never saw him but my wife did and people were talkng about him. Also we kept eating next to a man and his family who we figured was a NFL player cause he was huge and people kept asking for pictures with him!
Old 03-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #58
bceagle76
Mouseketeer

Off Ship

I have been on the cruise with Ally and AJ(didnt know who they were) Gabby Douglas ESPN people
But in my travels for work or pleasure to other places I have had close encounters with Don King
Jessie Jackson Ted Kennedy Spiro Agnew Rod Laver Ernie Banks
Phil Michelson who was just not nice person
there were many others I could list
bceagle76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #59
KK LK
Earning My Ears

Last April we saw Micah Williams (he plays Emmett on 'Good Luck Charlie') My daughter was one happy girl!!!!

April 2013 - Disney Wonder - Western Caribbean
April 2012 - Disney Magic - Bahamas
KK LK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #60
RN_Mom
Mouseketeer

We were on the last fantasy cruise and did have our picture taken with Larry the Cable Guy

RN_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: