Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #16
athumann
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the input! I paid $1135 for 5 nights savannah view studio. Not sure how that figures points wise, I can't figure out the points calculator😕but it came out to $227 per night which to me was a pretty good deal. I wasn't asked to pay $95 and like I mentioned before he had many recent transactions with great feedback. When he gives me the reservation number can't I call Disney to confirm?
Old 03-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #17
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Sorry to hijack this for a moment, but curious as to why anyone asking for a $95 fee is not legit. We trade in through RCI and have to pay a $95 fee to Disney upon check in, so why would it be unreasonable if someone was renting their RCI transaction?
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 09:32 PM   #18
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by athumann View Post
Thanks for the input! I paid $1135 for 5 nights savannah view studio. Not sure how that figures points wise, I can't figure out the points calculatorııbut it came out to $227 per night which to me was a pretty good deal. I wasn't asked to pay $95 and like I mentioned before he had many recent transactions with great feedback. When he gives me the reservation number can't I call Disney to confirm?
No you can't call. With DVC reservations you can't contact Member Services. The member owns the reservation until you check in.

You can go online and confirm it after you get the reservation number at mydisneyreservation.com

Last edited by Sammie; 03-07-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #19
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29 View Post
Sorry to hijack this for a moment, but curious as to why anyone asking for a $95 fee is not legit. We trade in through RCI and have to pay a $95 fee to Disney upon check in, so why would it be unreasonable if someone was renting their RCI transaction?
Because RCI does not allow their members to rent the reservations and they can cancel it if you do. The $95 fee for a rental is a red flag.

To the OP, you rental would require 95 points so you paid just at $12 which is a fair price.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #20
athumann
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammie

No you can't call. With DVC reservations you can't contact Member Services. The member owns the reservation until you check in.

You can go online and confirm it after you get the reservation number at mydisneyreservation.com
Thanks for that information, I'm feeling pretty good about it, I went back and looked at the auction and he is very detailed with his description of the resort and states he is a dvc member who couldn't use his points. Seems legit or maybe I'm just really naive (:
Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #21
Sammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks for that information, I'm feeling pretty good about it, I went back and looked at the auction and he is very detailed with his description of the resort and states he is a dvc member who couldn't use his points. Seems legit or maybe I'm just really naive (:
That is good, just keep detailed records and check it online when you get the number. Also if you have his name, you can check his ownership of the property online with Florida records.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #22
glamdring269
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did you check the reservation online yet? I rented points through David's and upon confirmation that the request for points had been booked I was able to look it up online.
glamdring269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 01:07 PM   #23
mitchwebb
DIS Veteran

I also rented points and was able to put the reservation number the DVC member supplied into My Disney Experience Online and it pulled up all our information. The number of nights, room type and all our names. Doesn't mean they can cancel but I know the member and know we are safe. I do appreciate the new feature.

DHDD12DD15DD21*
mitchwebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: