Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 10:54 PM   #16
HawkeyeMickey77
Mouseketeer

Very happy to see this review! It's on my list for our Nov. Fantasy cruise. Excited to hear most of the younger kids with no snorkeling experience liked it. My boys will be 6 & 8 & have never snorkeled. They did, however, get a mask & snorkel from their grandparents as a gift so are at least familiar with how they work so that's a start!
My 1st Trip to the World-1/90, EuroDisney-6/93, WDW (DH's 1st trip!)-9/05, 1 day @ Epcot-3/09, 1st visit with my boys to WDW-9/09, WDW Solo 9/10, Birthday trip & 1st time to DL-1/11, Pre-Cruise Stay @ ASMu & DCL Dream Cruise-3/12, WDW Marathon Trip/POR-1/13, & Booked on the DCL Fantasy 11/13!
HawkeyeMickey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #17
Beermam42
Grit and bear it

Great Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by pannm View Post
I cannot tell you in words how great the "FURY sail, snorkel and beach" excursion was!

I was a little nervous about it, because they offered drinks (beer/margaritas and soda) and was wondering if a lot of people would drink a little too much and ruin the time...it was NOT an issue at all. In fact, most groups on board were families!

We got off of the Magic, walked a little ways down the dock and the Catamaran was right at the same dock that we were at! It could not have been more easy! No shuttles, no taxi's, no long walk anywhere!

My family and I had NEVER snorkeled before, so we were all newbies! The catamaran took us to a reef and explained all of the safety rules. This company is all about safety. We never felt worried or scared for one second. Once we reached the reef, we were able to get into the water for a half an hour. We saw zebra fish (MANY, MANY, MANY of them!!!), a HUGE piro fish (so large that some mom and her son kept saying it was a baby whale...ummm no- no whale, but it was huge!), jellyfish (yes, my daughter and I got stung, but it didn't really hurt much at all- just left a little red spot on our arm and it wasn't even enough to make us want to move away). The water was so clear, we could see EVERYTHING around us for A LONG ways. It was beautiful.

Even if you aren't a snorkeler- or if you get kids who are to scared to get in the water (not many of them were too scared when they saw all of the other kids in the water), you can choose to stay on board. Even if you stay on board, this excursion is still worth every penny!

After the snorkeling time, everyone gets back on the catamaran and you take a nice, relaxing ride to their private beach. This ride is when they open up the drinks/bar area and they serve margaritas, beer and soda. They come around asking you if you want more or if you need anything. They were totally there to serve you and make your excursion relaxing and fun!

Once you get to the beach, you have access to the most beautiful beach with palm/coconut trees everywhere! The sand is SUPER SOFT and easy to walk on, there are beach chairs, LOTS of hammocks, a few large beach beds to lay out on, a drink area where you continue to get free drinks, and a place that sells food. The water activities are amazing, with kayaks, water slide, inflated water mountains and other things. We had 1 hour at the beach- I could have spent another hour or two there! It was private, with only fury guests allowd to be there. There were plenty of chairs and hammocks for everyone and it never felt crowded, because they limit the number of people that are there all at once!

On the way back to the ship dock, they provided entertainment on the front deck- music and dancing, beverages still offered. It was beautiful to see the Magic at dock as we were riding back. Best day ever!

I would highly recommend this excursion for everyone. The company has some wonderful people working for them and they'll give you a lot of great times and wonderful memories!
We did shopping at Cozumel, spent pesos, watched the catamarans from our stateroom when they came back. This will be our next trip when we go again to WC. Thanks for your report.

Next cruise Fantasy may 2014
Beermam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #18
txblondie99
Earning My Ears

Did you still have time to get out to Cozumel at all? We want to get us all shirts. hoping there is time!
txblondie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:28 PM   #19
anna08
DIS Veteran

Thanks for taking the time to describe your experience! We've got this one booked for our upcoming cruise, and I was worried about what to do if my DD freaked out over snorkeling. Instead of worrying about it, now I'm looking forward to it!
Old 03-08-2013, 09:35 AM   #20
crafty91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by txblondie99 View Post
Did you still have time to get out to Cozumel at all? We want to get us all shirts. hoping there is time!
Yes you will have plenty of time. The Fury drops you off at the pier right at your ship but if you go through the gates towards Cozumel there is a nice shopping center right there with EVERYTHING you'd want to shop for. As with any Mexican port be prepared for some gentle pressure to "come in my shop" but it isn't bad. Have fun!
Magic March 2010
Wonder March 2011 Mexican Riviera
Fantasy Maiden Voyage March 2012
Fantasy Western July 2012
Fantasy Western March Spring Break 2013
Fantasy March 2014 Western Caribbean
Magic Mediterranean July 2014 (Became Platinum!)

NEXT: Fantasy Eastern March Spring Break 2015
crafty91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #21
CT Mom of 3
Mouseketeer

Yay - We're doing this next month - can't wait! We did the Rio Secreto over the summer in Cozumel and it was such a huge hit, I am hoping this one isn't a disappointment!

CT Mom of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #22
pannm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeMickey77 View Post
They did, however, get a mask & snorkel from their grandparents as a gift so are at least familiar with how they work so that's a start!
Even better! Let them practice with their snorkel masks and everything BEFORE they go. That way, when they get in the water it won't be a surprize to them about how they have to breath differently or anything like that. It's really not THAT big of an issue, but if they know that it will be different before hand- it could be helpful.

One bit of info is Do not bring your snorkeling stuff with you- they have all of it on board already. A few families brought theirs with on our excursion and they were upset that they even bothered packing it, because it was just not needed.

And, to others- yes, there is plenty of time for shopping! We went into Cozumel after we got off the catamaran and bought some things- there are a few really nice shirt shops and things right there and easy to get to from the dock.

The answer about the sand on beach and in the water...We never once felt any 'rocky bottom' while on their beach at all. We didn't bring water shoes with at all and I have sensitive feet that are super picky- I was never once uncomfortable walking barefoot! It was great, smooth and comfortable. No need to pack water shoes for even the youngest in your party.

Feb/March 2013...FIRST CRUISE (certainly NOT the last!)...July 2012, 4 nights Paridise Pier Disneyland...Sept. 2011, 4 nights pop century 3 nights AKL...March 2011, 11 nights pop century on dinning plan...May 2010, 8 nights all-inclusive Dreams Cabo...December 2010, 5 nights-Royal Pacific Universal resort...October 2009, 5 nights Wilderness Lodge...February 2009, 10 nights split between pop century and animal kingdom lodge...December 2007, 7 nights pop century
pannm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #23
cr8zycruiser
Earning My Ears

Water temperature

How was the water temperature? I go April 12th and our time is 9:30 ish....is the water cold or just tolerable? I'm super excited about this excursion. My 9 year old son is excited and scared. I can't wait to lay on one of the beds on the beach! Thanks for sharing!!
cr8zycruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:22 PM   #24
jjje
One time I saw a guy wear cut-off jean shorts to dinner.

Thank you so much for this review! I found it really helpful.

Mom Dad and two perfectly imperfect kids Son (13) and Daughter (8)

1982-89 too many trips to Disneyland to count, 1991 Disneyland Paris, 1994 Disney World @ Beach Club, 1999 Honeymoon in Disney World @ Caribbean Beach Resort, 2001 Disney World @ All Star Music, 2004 Disney World during Hurricane Jeanne @ All Star Sports, 2005 Disney World off property, 2006 Disney World with a newborn @ All Star Movies, 2008 Disney World to celebrate surrogacy #1 @ Port Orleans French Quarter, 2010 Disneyland to celebrate surrogacy #2, 2012 Disney World @ Port Orleans Riverside to celebrate surrogacy #3, 2013 Bahamas on the Magic, 2013 Caribbean on the Wonder, 2014 Panama Canal on the Wonder
jjje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:26 AM   #25
bbon6
Earning My Ears

Based upon your review and the other reviews I found on other websites....I just booked this! 😃
bbon6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: