Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelliott04 View Post
I've always wondered about trip insurance. Generally we're traveling on points so I can't really put a $ amount on that.
DVC has travel insurance now. It ends up covering the cost of the maintenance fees on the points you would otherwise lose. You have to pay the premium per Use Year, so if you're borrowing and banking and using current UY, that's 3 premiums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2sleep View Post
Is this also true if you don't get the insurance though? I thought they also let you do that if you can't make it. You don't get your money back but they will apply it to a new cruise. I could totally have that wrong.
No I think you have to actually buy their product. It wouldn't work for me, because living in WA I canNOT buy their product. (or rather they cannot sell me their product)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDennis28 View Post
So, what is the best insurance to buy? I want something that covers it all, door to door if my MIL (heaven forbid) dies 2 days before we leave? Or I have a medical emergency and need to be air-lifted off the ship in Alaska (yup, nearly happened to me)?
You want the pre-existing condition clause (which Disney does NOT have, which is why they cannot sell in WA where it is required (and that might be why Costco's insurance has the PEC, because they are based in WA)). You want to buy it early, and every time you add something else to your trip you want to call them within the time period they tell you, even if it doesn't increase your insurance cost. For instance, we upgraded our stateroom to concierge, and we had to call them to let them know, even though it only increased our price by under $400 and didn't bring us up to the next 1K mark where the price would have changed. But we still had to let them know officially.

You want to talk to the people where you're buying it (like insuremytrip), let them know what you need, and make sure what you buy meets your needs.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: