DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #16
LisaT91403
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkthemagicllama

Actually, I didn't notice him missing in the earlier list. I'm pretty sure Pluto was there.
We were at Aulani for a week, and never saw Pluto. I'm pretty sure he wasn't there.
LisaT91403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
lodge
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neraj View Post
From what I know the reasoning behind no Lilo is that she is a caricature of a Hawaiian person. Seeing as there are many Hawaiian people at Aulani I believe it was a decision based on cultural sensitivity. A good move in my book.
That is a very interesting point! Thank you for sharing that perspective!!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2013, 03:29 PM   #18
donkthemagicllama
My DW would really like to visit a mall...
I was just playing around

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaT91403 View Post
We were at Aulani for a week, and never saw Pluto. I'm pretty sure he wasn't there.
Hmm. I think I was thinking of goofy. Don't tell my family I made that mistake though! :0
donkthemagicllama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #19
LisaT91403
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkthemagicllama

Hmm. I think I was thinking of goofy. Don't tell my family I made that mistake though! :0
Ha ha...I won't tell! Goofy was definitely there.
LisaT91403 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #20
lodge
DIS Veteran

Ok, on that note- can anyone tell me why Goofy can talk but Pluto (and Butch, for that matter) cannot? There must be some die-hard that knows!! Wouldn't it be cool if the new Disney program gave voices to the characters somehow?!?!
lodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #21
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodge View Post
Ok, on that note- can anyone tell me why Goofy can talk but Pluto (and Butch, for that matter) cannot? There must be some die-hard that knows!! Wouldn't it be cool if the new Disney program gave voices to the characters somehow?!?!
Sure.

Goofy is one of Mickey's pals, along with Minnie, Donald, and Daisy. They are friends and equals. Pluto is Mickey's pet. He is not an equal with the others. Therefore, Goofy talks, drives, and does other "human-like" behaviors, Pluto does not.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 AM   #22
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neraj View Post
From what I know the reasoning behind no Lilo is that she is a caricature of a Hawaiian person. Seeing as there are many Hawaiian people at Aulani I believe it was a decision based on cultural sensitivity. A good move in my book.
Yes, this is my feeling as well. We have just returned from Aulani - the history and heritage of the Hawaiian people represented is impressive.

We were there Feb 15 - 24. The characters we encountered were Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, Chip and Dale and Goofy. We were 4 seniors traveling together so did no character meals or meet and greets. Other than take a look into Aunty's Beach House we did nothing there either where there could have been additional characters.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #23
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiznyDi View Post
Yes, this is my feeling as well. We have just returned from Aulani - the history and heritage of the Hawaiian people represented is impressive.

We were there Feb 15 - 24. The characters we encountered were Mickey, Minnie, Stitch, Chip and Dale and Goofy. We were 4 seniors traveling together so did no character meals or meet and greets. Other than take a look into Aunty's Beach House we did nothing there either where there could have been additional characters.
We were there at the same time, and I concur. LOVE how Aulani has done the Hawaiian heritage as compared to other big resorts there. As for characters, we did see Donald just once during that time doing a picture session downstairs. I never saw him more than that once though.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:36 PM   #24
Mickey Mantle
Earning My Ears

Was in Aulani from Feb 4 to the 14th. Like was mentioned before, Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Stich and Chip and Dale are around daily. Donald for some reason is very rare, at least during my ten day visit. Only saw him on one, maybe two days near the end of the trip.
Mickey Mantle is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: