Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Marjx3
Earning My Ears

No rooms available?

I had previously booked a package room + tickets at the Poly garden view. Grandparents bought the kids their passes so I Wanted to change it to room only. They said we would only be able to get lagoon view or get a one day pass for everyone which we wouldnt use. We don't want to pay the extra especially since there are no discounts for our travel dates June 24- June 29th. So we checked WL, also nothing but concierge available? No problems at any other resorts we checked. But, these are our top two. Could this be right or is it a glitch? Any suggestions on a way to find out if we can get one of these rooms.
Marjx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #2
cinnderly
cinnderly's username has nothing to do with Cinderella! (Ok...maybe a little)

I don't have an answer but wanted to let you know the same thing happened for us today with CR. Best of luck to you.
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

can you put the tickets away and use them for another trip?

you did not cancel your Poly reservation - did you?

looks like the discounts are only out to 6/14/2013 - so they have not released your dates yet - they may later - or they may not need to give out discounts for your time.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:14 PM   #4
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjx3 View Post
I had previously booked a package room + tickets at the Poly garden view. Grandparents bought the kids their passes so I Wanted to change it to room only. They said we would only be able to get lagoon view or get a one day pass for everyone which we wouldnt use. We don't want to pay the extra especially since there are no discounts for our travel dates June 24- June 29th. So we checked WL, also nothing but concierge available? No problems at any other resorts we checked. But, these are our top two. Could this be right or is it a glitch? Any suggestions on a way to find out if we can get one of these rooms.
Room only and packages are different reservation systems, so going from one to the other requires cancelling and rebooking. Since the package would have to be cancelled/refunded and a new reservation booked, there are probably no more GV rooms available to rebook (i.e., new reservation) under room only. A regular reservation CM isn't able to cancel one and rebook the other without there being availability for the room type you want and it's not as easy as to just take the tickets off and make it a room only reservation. Call back and ask to speak to someone in Guest Services and they should be able to help you change without losing the GV. I have gone from one reservation type to the other with a discount (without losing my discount) when there was no longer availability for my room type, but everything needed to be done by Guest Services. Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: