Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
MarthaJr.
DIS Veteran

Which would you choose? Swan, Dolphin, or Hilton DTD?

Hi all--I'm able to get decent rates at all three of these hotels. We are only in town for about 1 1/2 days and aren't sure if we will go to parks or not. I want the option of EMH in case we decide to go to the parks.

My dilemma: This will be the last night of vacation after spending 5 wonderful nights at St. Pete Beach for our 1st vacation without DS18 and DD24. We've stayed at the Hilton before and it was nice....just wondering if the ambiance or amenities at Swan/Dolphin are worth the extra $50 it would cost us to stay there.

Opinions or information please!
Old 03-01-2013, 10:42 PM   #2
spiceycat
Own at BWV, VWL and BLT
It happens every night on the Bay Lake side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthaJr. View Post
Hi all--I'm able to get decent rates at all three of these hotels. We are only in town for about 1 1/2 days and aren't sure if we will go to parks or not. I want the option of EMH in case we decide to go to the parks.

My dilemma: This will be the last night of vacation after spending 5 wonderful nights at St. Pete Beach for our 1st vacation without DS18 and DD24. We've stayed at the Hilton before and it was nice....just wondering if the ambiance or amenities at Swan/Dolphin are worth the extra $50 it would cost us to stay there.

Opinions or information please!
would say no -

there is another Hilton - Bonnet creek

http://www.hilton.com/search/1/us/fl...orld?WT.srch=1

it is newer and although have not stayed there - think it is better. now if it is cheaper than the DD Hilton - might be staying there

don't know if EMH (and I was a big fan) - is worth it - on the night EMH Disney has cut an hour - so now it is only 2 hours at night.

spiceycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #3
MarthaJr.
DIS Veteran

***bump

Still looking for opinions or share your personal experiences at any of these properties. Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:14 AM   #4
Dflory424
Earning My Ears

We have stayed at the Swan and we love it! Even if you don't go to the parks, being right next door to the Boardwalk is worth it-we love the atmoshpere, restaurants, etc. of the Boardwalk-there is something for everyone. And if you want to go to Epcot or DHS you are within walking distance to both. And the Heavenly beds at the Swan are awesome!!
Dflory424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #5
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

Definitely swan or dolphin. Get to use Disney transport, walk to Epcot, and take the boat to dhs. Great location!
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #6
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Don't know what price Hilton is selling for just now but saw it on Travelzoo at $99, might be a deal might not. http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/orlando/
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
kapoof
DIS Veteran

Definitely the swan or dolphin.

me dh ds

2006 wilderness lodge 2007 beach club
2008 dolphin
2010 downtown disney hilton/ poly cl :
2011 akl . 2013 bwi and dream cruise

there are only two tragedies in life: one is not getting what one wants, the other is getting it...oscar wilde
kapoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
MarthaJr.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Don't know what price Hilton is selling for just now but saw it on Travelzoo at $99, might be a deal might not. http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/orlando/
Thanks....yes I did see that. It is a non-refundable rate and doesn't include $22 resort fee or $13 self- parking fee or 12.5% tax. Then the true rate is $149.12.

I can get the Swan/Dolphin for roughly $50 more than that. (including fees, parking and tax) So just trying to decide if ambiance of S/D is worth the difference in price.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
collegejunkie
DIS Veteran

i stayed at the swan over christmas. it was pretty nice! i liked having disney transportation, they had their own "dancing lights" for the holidays, and i liked being right by the boardwalk.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 AM   #10
nono
DIS Veteran

Having stayed at all three, I see your dilemma. The price point you are getting is right where it would make it hard for me to decide, too!

I guess in my case, if I was sure I was going to be in the parks for a big portion of the day, I'd save the $50. If I was just going to hang out, I might choose to spend the money to be around the Boardwalk area and the restaurants there.

Good luck decidiing!
nono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #11
cleophus12
DIS Veteran

I think if you can drop an extra $50/day the swan or dolphin is worth it. We go to Epcot most evenings for dinner so the location makes it perfect for us. And the heavenly beds are just heavenly.
cleophus12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:13 PM   #12
aquagreenpbc
Earning My Ears

I stayed at the swan, and though the location is awesome, I found the walls to be super thin! I could hear my neighbors having breakfast in the morning. Not a biggie, but for the price ....