Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #1051
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom323

According to our TA Disneyland does not have Magical Express like WDW has. she recommended Super Shuttle to get to the airport from the Grand Californian, where we are staying.

On the Disneyland Dis thread others have recommended the Disneyland Resort Express.

http://graylineanaheim.com/shuttles.shtml

coupon http://anaheimoc.org/coupon/disneyla...resort-express
Interesting... The info came from a TA who specializes in DL and is located there. Ill give her a call again.
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #1052
GoinPlaces63
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMork

WE used the Disneyland Resort Express last Oct both from airport to DL and back to airport. We will not be using that again. They state that pickup at the airport is on the hour and half hour ending at 10:30 at night. We were waiting before 10 pm and called at 10:40 concerned that we had not seen the bus and that their advertisement is that 10:30 is the last pickup. We were told by dispatch that "they are on their way, it is a big airport and they will be at your stop soon." A bit after 11 pm the bus showed up. So, where was the 10 pm and 10:30 pm bus? Not explaination offered, just we are on our way and will get you there soon! Same on the return trip...on bus on the hour or half hour, but did show up at about 40 min after the hour.

We will be using Super Shuttle from DL to the airport.
Good to know... Can't mess with that!
GoinPlaces63 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #1053
Brixton
Missing Maine, Substituting Mickey

Please Don't Flame Me

I want to post an FYI re: the FE groups. I promise to limit this to one post & thank you for your patience.

I have a life-threatening latex allergy. It is a STUPID allergy because latex is everywhere! In fact, DCL is the only cruise line where I can eat without an epi-pen or a hospital. Same with DLP & WDW, which do not use latex gloves.

Anything rubber - rubber bands, pencil erasers, balloons, band-aids, squishy toys, and most foam - contains latex.

Please feel free to disclude me from any FE exchange, if I am in your group.

Again, sorry for the brief interruption...two months to go. YAY

WONDERful Land/Sea; WONDERful Pixar 2012; WONDERful WBPC 2013; WONDERful Bahamas 2014; WONDERful EBPC 2014; DL AP's since...forever
Brixton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:18 AM   #1054
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixton View Post
I want to post an FYI re: the FE groups. I promise to limit this to one post & thank you for your patience.

I have a life-threatening latex allergy. It is a STUPID allergy because latex is everywhere! In fact, DCL is the only cruise line where I can eat without an epi-pen or a hospital. Same with DLP & WDW, which do not use latex gloves.

Anything rubber - rubber bands, pencil erasers, balloons, band-aids, squishy toys, and most foam - contains latex.

I sure we can all work around and be careful what to give you guys and avoid troubles with your allergy. I know latex is everywhere, but if you tell us (as you did) what we should not give you, then I'm sure everything will be fine.

Aleksandra , Chris , Luke :, Maya

May 7-14 2011 - Our 1st cruise with DCL - Disney Magic to Eastern Caribbean
April 29 -May 14 2012 - Inaugural sailing on Disney Wonder to Hawaii
May 6 - May 20 2013 - Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Lexa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #1055
cwdefouw
DVC Member since 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Which airport and how many people? A taxi to SNA is around $40 plus tip. Might be best for a family of four
My research has found that you can purchase a taxi voucher for service to SNA from the Guest Services desk at the Grand Californian for less than the $40 dollars. Last time I checked, it was $32.00 for the voucher. The other Disney hotels probably have the voucher as well. This is what we plan to do. I have also read mixed review on the Express Bus Service, plus our flight is pretty early and I don't want to risk it trying a bus service.

cwdefouw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:16 AM   #1056
Mom323
Founding member of FOG

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKW Lover View Post
Which airport and how many people? A taxi to SNA is around $40 plus tip. Might be best for a family of four

DH and I are flying out of LAX. WE are actually looking at Execucar. It would be about $72.
Mom323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #1057
Lexa
DIS Veteran

We are flaying out of LAX too using Execucar. Rate for our family of 4 is $55. We used them last year and were really pleased with their service.

May 1 - May 15 2015 - Another trip on Disney Wonder Westbound through Panama Canal
Old 03-07-2013, 10:37 AM   #1058
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

definitely will be careful with your FE gift. thanks for the further explanation it is helpful
Jackson's grammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #1059
McPheronsLoveDisney
Earning My Ears

Hello.... We are currently sailing on the Disney Magic in the port of Key West, Florida and have booked this cruise and are interested in joining the fe group!! To much to read and not enough time at the moment so any quick info is helpful and greatly appreciated!! Our family of four will be sailing along with our friends John and Erika who are interested in joining!!

Disneyland Home Away From Home
Disneyworld
April 2004 Carribean Beach Resort
Nov. 2005 honeymoon Saratoga Springs
Nov. 2007 Ds first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Dec.2009 Ds2 & Ds4 mo Animal kingdom Lodge
Nov. 2012 Saratoga and Coronado Springs
Mar. 2014 Dd first visit 3 mos Old Key West
Disney Cruise
2008 Disney Magic Mexican Riviera June 8-15
2011 Disney Wonder Mexican Riviera March 6-13
2012 Disney Fantasy Western Carribean Nov. 24
2013 DIsney Magic Galveston 8 Day
2013 Disney Wonder Westbound Panama Canal 14 Day
2014 Disney Magic Bahamas 4 Day Mar. 17-21
McPheronsLoveDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #1060
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Reposting for Brix.
Quote:

May I recommend Karmel shuttle service in California? Every time I've used them, they've been Johnny on the spot not only on time but early enough so the old lady didn't have time to panic. From Candy Cane Inn to SNA was around $20 each. We have also used them from CCI to San Pedro, LAX to San Pedro. & San Pedro to CCI. I found them here on the DIS on the Disneyland board.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #1061
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:

please post this on fb also. it is important information.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #1062
Jackson's grammie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPheronsLoveDisney View Post
Hello.... We are currently sailing on the Disney Magic in the port of Key West, Florida and have booked this cruise and are interested in joining the fe group!! To much to read and not enough time at the moment so any quick info is helpful and greatly appreciated!! Our family of four will be sailing along with our friends John and Erika who are interested in joining!!
check out the first page - it has a good rundown of the cruise. by the way welcome aboard
Old 03-07-2013, 01:43 PM   #1063
Lexa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by McPheronsLoveDisney View Post
Enjoy your cruise guys! And welcome aboard!

For FE, please send PM to Namsupak.

Info she needs:
Disname
Names
Stateroom
Ages/genders of kids
Any favorites
Email address... the list is emailed out for privacy reasons
The max number of cabins that you are willing to take.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:20 PM   #1064
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Sad News -

I received a message tonight about one of our members - unfortunately
HappyGoofy (Charlotte) passed away in Florida on March 5th. No further details were available.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #1065
aan1701
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe
I received a message tonight about one of our members - unfortunately
HappyGoofy (Charlotte) passed away in Florida on March 5th. No further details were available.
Oh man. My condolences to her family.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using DISBoards
DCL 14 Night Westbound Panama To my House. 5/14/05-5/28/05, DCL 11 Night Southern 9/17/06-9/28/06, 7 Night DCL Western 10/20/07, DCL 15 Night Westbound Panama to my house. 5/10/08-5/25/08, 7 Night to St. Croix for my Birthday 2/28/09, 7 night to the Western 10/17/09, Back to back on the Wonder 10/14/10 and 10/17/10, 15 night Panama Canal to Bring the Wonder to my home and her new Home 1/6/2011. 10/8/2011 Eastern on the Magic. 4/29/12 15 nights to Hawaii and back from my home in Los Angeles, 5/6/13 14 nights from Miami back to my home in Los Angeles via the Panama Canal, Premier Pass holder, DVC Member since 2008.
aan1701 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: