Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 11:14 PM   #31
Edelweiss
Mouseketeer

Thank you for such a detailed and well written report. After reading your trip report, I definitely now want us to stay at GCH. I loved your pictures. I loved the tidbit about doing the powerwalk. I DEFINITELY want to participate in that! FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing!

DISNEYLAND, HERE WE COME!!

Edelweiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:13 AM   #32
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
Thank you for such a detailed and well written report. After reading your trip report, I definitely now want us to stay at GCH. I loved your pictures. I loved the tidbit about doing the powerwalk. I DEFINITELY want to participate in that! FABULOUS! Thanks for sharing!
No problem Edelweiss! Assuming we'll have over 7 months notice, I can't see us returning to Disneyland without staying at the VGC. It's just incredible.

Thanks for reading!
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #33
tcb1
Earning My Ears

Cory...Awesome trip report! You know, for an engineer, you're a pretty darn good writer. I really enjoyed reading it a couple weeks ago, and just read it a 2nd time and enjoyed it even more. I felt like I was traveling with you guys! Wish we could have joined you all. Maybe next time!

I wished I would have been able to read this before we went last November. I learned so much. You gotta stop keeping all the tips and tricks to yourself. I promise I tell anyone. Thansk for the shoutout re the GCV room #s, but to be honest, I got that from another post here on DIS.

So happy to hear that your grandmother was able to come, and like you, I hope I'm giddy at 91 goign down the drops of PofC. So many good experiences you guys had on this trip and so many memories you'll have for a lifetime.

Like you, I'd been to WDW probably 20+ times before we finally made it out to the original. I'm not sure why we waited so long, because we love traveling out to California. But once we finally made it to DL a couple years ago, I could see why everyone thinks this park is so special. It's becasue it really is. It does feel more intimate, and I couldn't believe how much more I enjoyed the rides at DL that are also at WDW. Maybe it was because WDW had become so familiar, that experiencing these rides in a new way, with new twists, turns and special touches. It was almost like I was in 3rd grade again going for the first time to WDW.

Thanks for sharing this. One of the best trip reports I've ever read...that's why I had to read it again! Take care buddy! See ya real soon!
tcb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #34
DisSmis
Earning My Ears

This was such a helpful TR. It looks like you had a wonderful time and the fact that your 91 year old grandmother could join in on the fun is fabulous! I would love to pick your brain about the renting DVC points process.
DisSmis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #35
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcb1 View Post
Cory...Awesome trip report! You know, for an engineer, you're a pretty darn good writer. I really enjoyed reading it a couple weeks ago, and just read it a 2nd time and enjoyed it even more. I felt like I was traveling with you guys! Wish we could have joined you all. Maybe next time!

I wished I would have been able to read this before we went last November. I learned so much. You gotta stop keeping all the tips and tricks to yourself. I promise I tell anyone. Thansk for the shoutout re the GCV room #s, but to be honest, I got that from another post here on DIS.

So happy to hear that your grandmother was able to come, and like you, I hope I'm giddy at 91 goign down the drops of PofC. So many good experiences you guys had on this trip and so many memories you'll have for a lifetime.

Like you, I'd been to WDW probably 20+ times before we finally made it out to the original. I'm not sure why we waited so long, because we love traveling out to California. But once we finally made it to DL a couple years ago, I could see why everyone thinks this park is so special. It's becasue it really is. It does feel more intimate, and I couldn't believe how much more I enjoyed the rides at DL that are also at WDW. Maybe it was because WDW had become so familiar, that experiencing these rides in a new way, with new twists, turns and special touches. It was almost like I was in 3rd grade again going for the first time to WDW.

Thanks for sharing this. One of the best trip reports I've ever read...that's why I had to read it again! Take care buddy! See ya real soon!
Thanks buddy for reading and those nice comments. I blame you for starting me down this wonderful Disney addiction. I remember you telling me about the free dining promo back in 2007. We've learned so much since then.

We can't wait to go back to WDW and then back to DLR! And to learn new things from you guys.

Thanks again.

Last edited by ValpoCory; 03-11-2013 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:09 PM   #36
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisSmis View Post
This was such a helpful TR. It looks like you had a wonderful time and the fact that your 91 year old grandmother could join in on the fun is fabulous! I would love to pick your brain about the renting DVC points process.
Thanks for reading DisSmis! I'd love to show you how to rent DVC points. The most important thing to know is you need time. If you can firm your travel dates more than 7 months out, you are likely to get what you want. If you know your dates 10 or 11 months out, your odds of getting what you want, at a great rate (likely $10/point) are really high.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:36 AM   #37
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Smile Loved it!

Loved reading about your trip report!!! We are fortunate to be locals and are annual passholders. We signed up w/DVC in the summer. Tomorrow morning I am booking our 1st DVC trip w/Grand Californian for July! Am hoping to do split stay w/1 BDR then later STU.
pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #38
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepe3penelope View Post
Loved reading about your trip report!!! We are fortunate to be locals and are annual passholders. We signed up w/DVC in the summer. Tomorrow morning I am booking our 1st DVC trip w/Grand Californian for July! Am hoping to do split stay w/1 BDR then later STU.
Thanks for reading pepe3penelope! It's almost been a year since our trip, and we still talk about how much fun we had. Can't wait to go back in the future.

Have a great time, and be sure to make specific room requests for your 1 bedroom and studio stays. Park views are just incredible. Like a dream.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #39
pepe3penelope
Princess Ariel at Heart

Thx for the well wishes! On Friday I had to book the 5 nights as studio because they book faster. Then yesterday I modified at the 7 month window to 1 bedroom. So 1st 3 nights are 1 BDR then last 2 are studio. It worked!!! I already put my requests for the room numbers that have the World of Color views.

pepe3penelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #40
KCmike
Never have fallen asleep on any attraction
Nothing wrong for dreaming for sure

Nice report. We were WDW vets who went for the first time back in 2007 and have now also been converted. We absolutely adore Disneyland and the nostalgia and "storybook" feeling you get in that park. Glad you had the same experience!
2014 Boston/Cape Cod/Martha's Vineyard
2013 Disneyland Christmas
2013 WDW, Universal, and SeaWorld with the kids and their High School Marching Band Event
2012 Back to Disneyland for a late June/Early July Vacation|2011- WDW Grand Floridian/Port Orleans Riverside |2010 - Disneyland/Monterey 20th Anniversary Day trip and 1st time to see Christmas at any park (BWPPI) 2010 - Disneyland (Grand Californian) |2009 - Disneyland/San Francisco/Monterey/ Yosemite National Park (Disneyland Hotel) |2008 - Disneyland/San Diego (Hotel Del Coronado & Hojo) |2007 - Disneyland (Fairfield Inn) |2006 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |2004 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside |1996 - WDW - Dixie Landings |1993 - WDW - Offsite |1992 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee |1990 - WDW - Condo in Kissimmee

Gear:Canon 60d, Canon xti, and a few lenses
KCmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:38 PM   #41
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCmike View Post
Nice report. We were WDW vets who went for the first time back in 2007 and have now also been converted. We absolutely adore Disneyland and the nostalgia and "storybook" feeling you get in that park. Glad you had the same experience!
Thanks KCmike for reading! Disneyland is great. We can't wait to go back.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: