Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

Yes, we have a Sprint family plan with unlimited data on 2 iPhones and an Android.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:16 PM   #17
ssawka
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music City Mama View Post
I take it you have unlimited data? I don't so I don't ever stream for any length of time if I'm not connected to Wifi. I do use an FM transmitter all of the time, though, to listen to my downloaded podcasts while I'm driving to/from work. When traveling, we also use it for the portable DVD player for the kids (so they can hear the movie through the car speakers) and that way, DH and I can hear the movie, too -- or we can just listen to other things on our phones w/ our ear buds. I think it would definitely work for streaming, but that would use a lot of data (and battery life) on a trip.
Yep, make sure you have unlimited data. Also, I suggest having a car power adapter and keeping the phone plugged in while streaming.

Please show your support for GKTW!

"A man should never neglect his family for business." -W. Disney

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money." -W. Disney

"Adults are only kids grown up..." -W. Disney

(Me) (DD 12)

ssawka is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #18
momof3ds
Mouseketeer

Streaming music and/ or GPS does not use that much data.
momof3ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:45 AM   #19
kristenrice
DIS Veteran

THANK YOU!!

The Flexsmart x2 is PERFECT! The only (minor) problem is that a lot of the stations is selects end in even numbers (102.2 for example) but my car stereo only selects stations with odd numbers (102.1 or 102.3) which is a little issue. All I do is check the odd-numbered frequencies to either side of it, or I just push the auto-selector knob until it chooses an odd number.

My favorite Pandora stations are the comedy ones so I am listening to spoken word more than music so the sound quality is 100% acceptable, even with a little static. I am a die-hard Tigers fan and I am used to listening to AM radio. I found a station last night that is crystal-clear so that is the one I will be using around here. Obviously, between Michigan and South Carolina, I will be switching around a lot.

There is a USB port on the side so I can charge my phone with the transmitter plugged in. This is a nice plus because we have a total of 3 DC outlets in the truck, 2 in front and one in back. We will need to plug in the Garmin and at least 1 iPod, so being able to use the transmitter and my phone in the same outlet is a big plus.

2001 OKW 2002 WL for HONEYMOON!January 2008 POP/OKW October 2008 AKV GIRLS ONLY! June 2009 AKV October 2009 POP with my BFF for my Birthday April 2010 AKV April 2011 HHI Oct 2011 BLT/BWV with DSiL June 2012 GRAND GATHERING at OKW April 2013 HHI November 2013 AKV *1st Half-Marathon*Oct 2014 Surprising the Nieces at AKV May 2015 AKV Expedition Everest Challenge
kristenrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:50 AM   #20
Praying Colonel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyHereWeCome! View Post
I've tried many of them. I absolutely LOVE the Flexsmart X2. I got it off of Amazon. The reception is perfect. It connects to your cigarette lighter and then gets a signal via bluetooth. You can listen to music or even use it to make speaker calls while driving. It even has a USB connector, so you can charge things while on the road.

This was the best purchase ever!
That's what I was going to recommend as well. I tried at least 5 different ones before I found the Flexsmart X2 and it's been solid for me for over a year. The Bluetooh connectivity works much better and the transmitter seems to be a lot stronger than others I've tried. Plus love the ability to charge my iPhone via USB while driving.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: