Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 09:39 AM   #511
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #512
RunningWithScissors
Wife, Mom, Alabama Football GradFan

The more I come to this page and read, the more excited I get for our trip in 2 weeks!!

Thank you to all the people who have given such wonderful advice and spent so much time on this thread. It is very much appreciated!!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #513
Princess Olivia
DIS Veteran

Hi! Last time we stayed at BLT we checked in at CR. We usually have a car service and are at the resort around 11:00 am. Should I be checking in at BLT? On line check in isn't taking my Disney visa. I called and it was added but it still looks like I haven't completed on line ck in. Is there an advantage to checking in on line?

We purchased our park tickets directly through Disney and when we get to BLT we want to have them added to KTTW cards. Can BLT do this or should we check in at CR?

Random questions. Do we purchase resort mugs at Contempo cafe? Can we order room service at BLT or is it only at CR?

Thanks for any information! Love reading everything
Old 03-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #514
HokieKT
Earning My Ears

Called to book a backup room at the contemporary for my trip late January - no garden wing rooms available! This far out? I still am hoping I can do a point rental with Davids but I wanted a backup plan. Even the disney guy I spoke with thought that was unusual. Is there an evert I don't know about January 26-31st?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:03 PM   #515
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKT
Called to book a backup room at the contemporary for my trip late January - no garden wing rooms available! This far out? I still am hoping I can do a point rental with Davids but I wanted a backup plan. Even the disney guy I spoke with thought that was unusual. Is there an evert I don't know about January 26-31st?
That sounds normal to me. Garden wing rooms are very popular.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06
Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #516
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningWithScissors View Post
The more I come to this page and read, the more excited I get for our trip in 2 weeks!!

Thank you to all the people who have given such wonderful advice and spent so much time on this thread. It is very much appreciated!!
Two weeks will fly by. I hope you'll post about your stay when you get a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Olivia View Post
Hi! Last time we stayed at BLT we checked in at CR. We usually have a car service and are at the resort around 11:00 am. Should I be checking in at BLT? On line check in isn't taking my Disney visa. I called and it was added but it still looks like I haven't completed on line ck in. Is there an advantage to checking in on line?

We purchased our park tickets directly through Disney and when we get to BLT we want to have them added to KTTW cards. Can BLT do this or should we check in at CR?

Random questions. Do we purchase resort mugs at Contempo cafe? Can we order room service at BLT or is it only at CR?

Thanks for any information! Love reading everything
I would check in at CR since the concierge is located there and they can add the tix. The bellman can bring your luggage from CR to BLT or you can check in at BLT if you prefer.

You'll need to get your mugs at the CC. You can order room service from CR at BLT. Don't worry about OCI. It shouldn't be too bad checking in around 11 unless a large group of ME arrive . OCI just pre registers your credit card and gets your info. packet prepared before arrival, which isn't a big deal to do in person. You'll still need to place any room location requests in your reservation since OCI doesn't really let you do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKT View Post
That is far out. Could be a convention block. I checked and there aren't any marathons then. Hmmm...
Old 03-07-2013, 10:22 PM   #517
jdcthree
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
That is far out. Could be a convention block. I checked and there aren't any marathons then. Hmmm...
In January garden wing rooms for early December were already gone. I thought garden wing rooms were the first to go and assumed it was normal.

Edited to say garden WING rooms. I don't know why I typed view.
Polynesian 2006
Wilderness Lodge 2005/06

Last edited by jdcthree; 03-09-2013 at 12:05 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #518
amos07
Mouseketeer

Help deciding

Hey everyone, figured this might be the best place to see if anyone has any experience. We are booked in one of the Contemporary Garden View Deluxe Rooms for May 13th-20th. The 60 day online check in is coming up and I don't know whether it's best for me to check in online or to just check in there. We really don't wan't to be switched to a tower room because we have 3 adults, a 3 year old and a 1 year old and the extra space is going to be a lifesaver for naps/bedtime. We also have a request in for the ground floor and I know that some have said that online check in they often put requests second and focus more on getting you into your room earlier. Anyone have any experience/input?
Old 03-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #519
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by amos07 View Post
Hey everyone, figured this might be the best place to see if anyone has any experience. We are booked in one of the Contemporary Garden View Deluxe Rooms for May 13th-20th. The 60 day online check in is coming up and I don't know whether it's best for me to check in online or to just check in there. We really don't wan't to be switched to a tower room because we have 3 adults, a 3 year old and a 1 year old and the extra space is going to be a lifesaver for naps/bedtime. We also have a request in for the ground floor and I know that some have said that online check in they often put requests second and focus more on getting you into your room earlier. Anyone have any experience/input?
Welcome! it won't hurt anything to do OCI. As long as your request of a ground floor is in your reservation, the room assignor will see it whether you do OCI or not.

There are only 3 Deluxe rooms and I've not heard of guests being moved to the Tower after booking a Deluxe room and even if you were, you wouldn't have to accept the upgrade. I'm certain you already know this, but the sleeper sofa is in the same room as the King bed, unlike a BLT one bedroom for example, where there is a separate master bedroom with a door.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your Deluxe room!
Old 03-08-2013, 02:53 PM   #520
amos07
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Welcome! it won't hurt anything to do OCI. As long as your request of a ground floor is in your reservation, the room assignor will see it whether you do OCI or not.

There are only 3 Deluxe rooms and I've not heard of guests being moved to the Tower after booking a Deluxe room and even if you were, you wouldn't have to accept the upgrade. I'm certain you already know this, but the sleeper sofa is in the same room as the King bed, unlike a BLT one bedroom for example, where there is a separate master bedroom with a door.

I hope you have a wonderful vacation and enjoy your Deluxe room!
Thanks so much for your response! Yeah I unfortunately couldn't get a one bedroom like we had hoped on the pin code I had so figured this would be the next best thing so that we could position the pack n play off somewhere so it's not right up against a bed. It was hard to not go with a magic kingdom view but I think this makes more sense for us now. I was worried the upgrade may happen if they overbooked that room or something, dunno if that's even possible.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #521
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doryln View Post
Cool! How did the upgrade come about? What was your original reservation for? Curious as I am checking in there in a few days!!
As WDWKOOK said, it occurs at check-in. Since our room was booked as a Garden Wing Deluxe room, my DH waited for me out front in the car as we knew we'd need to drive around the side to go to the Garden Wing parking lot. A lovely CM named May was waiting for me at the CR entrance (security called ahead to tell her we had arrived). She met me near the front door and didn't spill the beans other than we'd be checking in "upstairs". We arrived at the 12th Floor CL where the upgrade was revealed. I must say I was shaking a little bit. We've been lucky to get magical upgrades before, but never to this magnitude.
Old 03-08-2013, 04:11 PM   #522
Leafsgirl36
Leafs Fan Forever

Quote:
Rooms open all the time at the CR. Just because there are no garden wing rooms available now doesn't mean there won't be some open up for the dates you want for your trip later.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #523
MAGIC...itis!
Closer to Fulfilling My Quest to Stay at Every Resort...So far... AKL, ASmo, ASmu, ASsp, BC.3, BLT, BWI.2, CBR, CR.4, CSR.2, GF, OKW, POFQ, POL.3, POP.2, POR.9, WL, YC.2

Location: RC Land ________________________ My banana won't dance... might this be a sign?

Quote:
I, too, am having difficulty booking easy rooms for early 2014. Looks like CRO has a case of the "jimmies".
Old 03-09-2013, 12:23 PM   #524
disneymd33
Real-life Pirate

Thanks so much for doing this! It was wonderful and so informative! We are staying here in 3 months and this post answered so many of my questions, while creating more excitement for us! Great job and many thanks!
Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #525
Apopper74
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieKT
I have the exact same dates for BLT next year.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: