Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-07-2013, 07:38 AM   #16
packofjedis
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayheyrenee View Post
I wear keens. I am an adult size 8 but can wear the big kids size 6. If your larger then a size 8 your out of luck but smaller than 8 can convert to a big kids size. Go on keens direct website, they explain it.
I purchase mine on amazon.

For example
big kids size 6 Newport h2 for $30.00.
Women's size 8 Newport h2 are $85.00.
This is exactly what I did. The color choices for the kids aren't quite as bland as for women, but I settled with a nice plum colored sandal and a grey winter hiking shoe.

I have owned Teva mary janes sandals in the past along with my Keen sandals. The Keens are the only sandals or shoes that I have ever owned that I can wear straight out of the box to WDW. I "broke them in" at home but they never needed it. I loved my Keen sandals so much, I bought a pair for my mom who also loves them.

(The Tevas were nice but eventually started rubbing. I only wear them short distances now)
packofjedis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 AM   #17
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

I have had the same pair of keens since 2008. Yes I cringed at the price but they have lasted and I can still wear them. The soles are slowly wearing but not gone.

I wear them every day in summer/late spring.

FYI I didn't know about the big kids size....hmmm. Too bad they don't make a whisper slide in kids sizes.

Your best bet is to try them on. I have a friend who wears teva flip flops. She so is a new pair every year so I tried them on and I hated the strap around the big toe plus I felt like I had to force my toe in it. Other then that they were comfy.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #18
hsmamato2
Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad temper
Little house on the prairie was the HEIGHT of t.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by amwhitaker View Post
I wear either Keens or Crocs. Both have been great for all the walking I do around Disney. I can also throw both into the washer.
I love the comfort of good old crocs.... but I hate the slippery soles on wet pavement.... that's what started me wearing the teva mush instead all summer...... (I still have all my old crocs,still great for camping,etc)
hsmamato2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: