Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2013, 08:26 AM   #18
OklahomaTourist
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisingkat View Post
I had that happen to me 2007 when I requested vacation time for a trip to Disney with my daughter and grandchildren. She had two girls ages 8 and 3 and a 10 month old son at the time and really needed my help as she couldn't be waiting with the littlest one and letting both or one ride alone.
My boss told me that I couldn't get the time off as I had just taken vacation time the previous Nov and it was too soon and wasn't fair to other employees who had to cover for me.
Well my answer to them was to move my retirement up a little early. I had planned to retire that Nov. after I turned 60 as hubby was retiring in April and we were planning a 28 day cruise to celebrate. When I came home and told him what my employer had said, he told me that we would just switch retirement months. So I retired just before going to Disney and he retired just before our cruise which actually worked out better as he hit his 40th anniversary with the company just days before he retired.
I hope everything works out as well for you and your mother as our little "hitch" ending up working out great for us.
I *LOVE* this story. Absolutely LOVE it. What's extra sweet about it is that rather than just giving you the time off, you got the time off anyway, and by moving up your retirement, I'm assuming they probably had to pay out any unused vacation in cash. You won the day in two ways. Considering how most outfits are desperate to get people to burn vacation, I'm surprised he didn't let you do it the way you wanted originally.

Great, great story.

Here's hoping all works out well for the OP's mom.
OklahomaTourist is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: