Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #31
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

Ds#1 is 17 so he is getting money. Its spring break that week so he'll probably use the money for gas. Also getting a chocolate bunny.

Ds#2 is getting a Disney gift card and a chocolate bunny.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

lovegrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #32
NYEmomma
DIS Veteran

DD1 (4yo): A couple My Little Ponies (just recently got into them), new Rapunzel sunglasses, Rapunzel cup and dresses for her Rapunzel doll that I got from the Disney Store clearance, a Dr. Suess book

DD2 & 3 (8 months): Mickey & Minnie straw cups from the Disney Store clearance, Dr. Suess board books, V-tech electronic nursery rhyme books... I might run out and get them some stuffed My Little Ponies that I saw recently since they like playing with their sister's ponies.

DD's preschool had a fundraiser from a local chocolate maker so their easter basket candy is expensive (but tasty) crap... so they're not getting much of it! I make peanut butter eggs every year too.

We got them all baskets & embroidered liners from PBK this year & the new basket is actually smaller than DD1's old basket, so I'm trying to scale it down a bit.

8/82 off-site :: 12/88 off-site :: 2/93 POFQ :: 12/98 off-site :: 10/02 POFQ :: 10/11 POFQ :: waiting for 4/15 to get here!
NYEmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 01:21 PM   #33
Pesky
"Who's the monkey?!"

I tend to focus on summer stuff and activities in the Easter basket. so contents are:
* swimsuits and flipflops
* new summer PJs I picked up on sale
* butterfly garden kit
* fairy garden supplies (we made one last year and both kids loved it so we are expanding)
* CDs (DS is getting Pixar and a Disney one and DD is getting Kidz Bop)
* toothbrush (standard fare for me!)
* few chocolates and candy -- they don't get much because honestly they don't eat a ton so I don't want it wasted

Haven't decided if Wreck-it-Ralph will be there or not. I'll have to see.

DH, the Disney doubter Me DD6 DS4
DLR Plan #2!: Coming soon to a DLR near you
WDW Plan: October 2016 (so very, very far away )
Pesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:31 PM   #34
mrsbornkuntry
I'm worried about raccoons
I carry a diaper

I don't usually like putting electronics in Easter baskets, but Best Buy has Hotel Transylvania on dvd for $9.99 plus tax shipped and our family loved that movie so I went ahead and ordered it. The deal is today only. I'm debating getting Wreck-It Ralph, too, my 11yo really liked that.

Beret...$15.00
Boots..$135.00
Having them HOME
on the floor....
PRICELESS
mrsbornkuntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #35
wishesuponastar
DIS Veteran

I'm going to put "summer" theme too.

$5 Coupon for Burger King to get their ice cream cones

EOS chap stick

A Summer theme beach towel

Hair elastic bands

total about $20. Much better than giving them lots of candy imo.
wishesuponastar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #36
*JoGo*
DIS Veteran

To cut down on candy and junk, I decided instead of doing baskets, they're getting a big plastic egg filled with stuff. I was going to use the ones they have for $3 in the target dollar spot, but they only had one and a half. I found an egg with a handle on it and filled with plastic eggs for $4 in their Easter stuff. The handle will make it fun to hide! I'm excited about that. They always like finding their baskets and there are only so many places to hide a bulky basket! I also cannot fit as much stuff into the egg as I can the basket.

I have candy so far.
Will get ds10 a couple packs of football cards and ds13 a pack of guitar picks and strings.

They get a lot of candy and small gifts from a grandma, my mom gives them a king size candy bar, and sometimes their other gma gives them candy too.

I'm really excited about these eggs!
*JoGo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:35 PM   #37
brennicksmom
!!!

In the past I have always bought a plain building set of legos and stuffed the plastic eggs with those. I also have stuffed eggs with Disney pins. Neither of my boys want to do an egg hunt this year, so I guess I will need to put together a basket instead. I used to hide EVERYTHING, and I had never put a basket together. I guess my kids are growing up.

Both play LaCrosse, so I will probaby get some tape for on their sticks, new balls, maybe glow in the dark balls, flavored mouth guards, a cradlebaby (it's a lacrosse training thing), a bit of candy, some money each. I may throw in a few scratchers tickets or iTunes cards.

I will be watching this thread for more ideas. I haven't even bought one thing yet!

June 2004 All Star Movies, June 2005 All Star Movies, June 2006 POP Century, June 2007 POP Century, June 2008 POP Century, June 2009 POP/POLY split stay, February 2010 POP Century, June 2011 POP Century, May 2012 POP Century
brennicksmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #38
weluvjasmine
Mouseketeer

Dd7: American Girl Easter Basket: doll (bought at Christmas when it was $50), AG Chrissa DVD (was less than $6- used the $5 off amazon code awoke back), a Ride along doll seat (on sale for less than $7). Will probably include a few AG crafts (for there is a good sale or a Michaels coupon), headbands, and some books.

DS2-Learning Easter Basket- Tag Jr and a few Tag books, FisherPrice Magic Scan Market ($10 on Groupon), and Vtech Slide & Talk Smart Phone. Will probably get a few more educational type toys and some bath toys.
weluvjasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:51 AM   #39
DebMcDonald
DIS Veteran

DD 19 is getting nail polish, a movie and a GC to either the local coffee company near school or a Itunes giftcard.

DD11 is getting the latest Twilight movie, probably a batting glove for softball, itunes card.

DD9 is getting Wreck it Ralph, and lego's.

I may or may not add more, I struggled this year, I much prefer to do their Easter baskets when we have an April trip planned as I can do the sunglasses, bathing suit, etc.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 AM   #40
monorailsilver
DIS Veteran

3 kids-dd/11, ds/9, dd/7

They each get a chocolate bunny (need to order a divvies one for my ds)
Large peeps
Jelly beans in a holder that they can make a Popsicle with
M&m egg for the girls, skittle egg for the boy
Bubble tape
Double bubble in a carton

I think that is it for candy.

My son got a small need gun, one dd got a hello kitty something like nail polish/chap stick. Will probably get the other dd nail polish.

We are driving to FL in April from CT (not Disney) so I got my kids a bunch of activity books to keep them entertained for the 45 or so round trip hours they will be in the car. I figured I was going to buy them so why not give them for Easter.

I do née dot look at what I got the, and see what else I can get them. We are going to my sisters in ft myers so we will be spending alot of time at the beach or in her pool.

I do know that there is no Easter grass. I hate that stuff, the plastic kind but I do like the paper version but I still don't buy it.
June 1975 Golf Resort & Polynesian August 1977 DL off site April 1990 WDW off site May 1981 Polynesian July-August 1985 Polynesian July-August 1987 Polynesian/Floridian July-August 1990 Beach Club May 1994 All Star Sports/Polynesian June 1995 Wilderness Lodge/Dixie Landings February 1997 off site/Wilderness Lodge March-April 1999 Engagement Trip February 2000 Polynesian August 2002 Polynesian July 2005 Polynesian August 2008 Polynesian August 2013 Polynesian and I think there were a few more trips here & there but I have lost track.
monorailsilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: