Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #1
kandb
DIS Veteran

Timeshare-Myrtle Beach

I signed up for timeshare presentation at Myrtle Beach last night. We belong to Hilton point club (?) and I called last night and they are giving me 2 nights for $199 at the Anderson resort, with $100/night for extra days. The resor looks beautiful, right on the beach. They also are giving me a $200 gift rebate card for 1 night at any hilton and also 15,000 hilton points (which she said is good for 2 nights at an Embassy suites, hilton garden, hampton or homewood suite hotels). We always wanted to visit Myrtle Beach but we have to drive from northern NJ. Has anyone ever gone on a Hilton timeshare presentation? It's for 2 hours. I hope it's not too high pressure. I already know the excuse I am going to use for declining buying a timeshare in Myrtle Beach (12 hour ride with kids in car).
kandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

We are staying there in two weeks using our HGVC club points. I find a lot of the Hilton presentations pushy but worth it for a cheap extra vacation. I hope it will be nice.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
JDX4
Mouseketeer

Of course they will be pushy. Just hold firm if you are not interested.

The Anderson is a beautiful hotel. My SIL stayed there once while we stayed down the road at the Breakers. The rooms are nicely decorated and had a washer/ dryer which is so nice to have at the beach.

Enjoy your trip.

WDW Summers of 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2011, 2014
Feb. of 2008, 2009
JDX4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #4
nbrmommy2005
Earning My Ears

The Hilton Vacation Club property there is nice. I went to a presentation there last May and they put me at the Hilton at Plantation something about 15 minutes away. The hotel was old and smelled.

The sales people were very pushy and when I left they would not return my drivers license. They finally mailed it to me and the certificate to stay a night only at Hilton.

I own and DVC and do plan to buy into Hilton, but I will buy resale.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #5
dansamy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrmommy2005
The Hilton Vacation Club property there is nice. I went to a presentation there last May and they put me at the Hilton at Plantation something about 15 minutes away. The hotel was old and smelled.

The sales people were very pushy and when I left they would not return my drivers license. They finally mailed it to me and the certificate to stay a night only at Hilton.

And you're still going to buy into Hilton after that!?
dansamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:22 AM   #6
mieuxmew
Mouseketeer

Last week, I called to cancel an upcoming reservation at a Hilton and was given this same exact offer. I declined. If I am going to drive 10-12 hours each way, I want to stay more than 2 nights. They wanted the money upfront without knowing what dates/hotels were available. I asked if I could ask my husband and call them back later that day, but they said they can't accept incoming calls. I asked them if they could call me back later and they said they can't make outgoing calls, either! I decided.
mieuxmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:56 AM   #7
bas71873
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyLovingFamily View Post
We are staying there in two weeks using our HGVC club points. I find a lot of the Hilton presentations pushy but worth it for a cheap extra vacation. I hope it will be nice.

Will you come back and report on your vacation? I'm thinking of a trip to MB in late August. DH has a zillion HH points, not sure that I can use those for for an HGVC property, but it's something we may want to check out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbrmommy2005 View Post
The Hilton Vacation Club property there is nice.
Is the Anderson different/separat from HGVC? Are they two different properties?

US/IOA - June 2015; Disney Dream - April, 2015; Yacht Club Club Level- January, 2014; Renaissance Orlando at Sea World-August, 2012; AKL Pool View-October, 2010; ; HRH Club Level-August, 2009;
Wilderness Lodge-Girls Only - Oct, 2008
;Pop Century, First Trip to WDW - Feb 2008
bas71873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #8
kandb
DIS Veteran

The timeshare lady also told me I could add on extra nights for $100/night. I hope she was right.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #9
hymanptm
Earning My Ears

Arrow Time share, high pressure !!! Been. At one and Last one

Quote:
Originally Posted by kandb View Post
I signed up for timeshare presentation at Myrtle Beach last night. We belong to Hilton point club (?) and I called last night and they are giving me 2 nights for $199 at the Anderson resort, with $100/night for extra days. The resor looks beautiful, right on the beach. They also are giving me a $200 gift rebate card for 1 night at any hilton and also 15,000 hilton points (which she said is good for 2 nights at an Embassy suites, hilton garden, hampton or homewood suite hotels). We always wanted to visit Myrtle Beach but we have to drive from northern NJ. Has anyone ever gone on a Hilton timeshare presentation? It's for 2 hours. I hope it's not too high pressure. I already know the excuse I am going to use for declining buying a timeshare in Myrtle Beach (12 hour ride with kids in car).
hymanptm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #10
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

15,000 Hilton points will in no way buy you two nights at an Embassey Suites or any other Hilton property. One night will run you 25,000 points, at least.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
okeydokey
Frosty the Snowman scared me as a child
It will always be beautiful no matter what it looks like naked

Quote:

Are you kidding, they kept your driver's license? I think I would calling the police at that point.
okeydokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #12
BadgerGirl84
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a weird toe pops out the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by okeydokey View Post
15,000 Hilton points will in no way buy you two nights at an Embassey Suites or any other Hilton property. One night will run you 25,000 points, at least.
Correct. That was a flat-out LIE. Especially since Hilton just changed their point reimbursement chart for hotel stays.

I'm Platinum Marriott and Gold Hilton, and I get WAYYY more milage, so to speak, with my Marriott points versus my Hilton points.

The "deal" they offered you doesn't seem too great...but maybe it's only in the Disney area where it's possibe to get a very nice timeshare unit for only 90-120/night.

BadgerGirl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #13
MinnieForMe
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I would have called the police! So, you drove home without your license? You just convinced me that I will NEVER do business with a Hilton.

2000 - Dixie Landings
2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 at the Sheraton Vistana and Cypress Palms.

Took a break from Disney for Grand Cayman 2013.

2014- Florida and Aruba

I need to remind myself often to: "Enjoy life. To remember that life is not Disney World and you certainly don't want a fastpass. Make the most of everyday and enjoy the ride!"
MinnieForMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #14
kandb
DIS Veteran

Wow, I am starting to feel like I got scammed. I specifically asked her about the 15,000 points and she said it will be good for 2 nights at ANY embassy suites, homewood suites, hampton inn, or garden inn. I said if I want to stay in ANY of those hotels, even in Wash DC for 2 nights they would be free? and she said YES. When I called to book my dates last night at the Anderson, they said I could get it for 4 nights (paid for 2, so I would have to pay for 2 more nights), the reservationist said that I had to pay $109 a night for the extra nights and I told them she definetely said numerous times, it was a $100/night. They are going to listen to the recording and get back to me. I hope I wasn't lied to. She even told me I could cancel the whole thing if I wanted to before she hung up. When they call me back after questioning the recording, I am going to mention the 15,000 point issue. Thanks for the info.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #15
sallysue66
Mouseketeer

When are you planning to go? I ask because $100 a night for the Anderson is pretty much the going rate for off-season and you don't have to sit thru a sales pitch. If it's summer, that's a good deal.
sallysue66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: