Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #1
littlewitch34
DIS Veteran

Disney Reservation Number through Orbitz?

Has anyone booked a hotel through Orbitz and actually received a confirmation number that works in the Disney system? I wanted to link my reservation to my account on disneyworld.com but the confirmation number from Orbitz is definitely not a Disney reservation number.
littlewitch34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
a1tinkfans
Spreading Some Pixie Dust Today!

Hmmm
my sister used expedia and she too got no real disney number either, and she had to call expedia direct and set up her own Magical Express also, and call to get her reservation at disney as far as requests....
She had to call them directly, and they gave her the number verbally, then she called disney to confirm and all was okay!
Hope this helped!
As an aside, she was told by disney that they would not speak with her about anything since it was not booked thru them , then explained she has handicapped family member and I guess they took pity?? cause they then helped her. Personally Id only book thru disney..not worth the small savings IMHO

Have a great trip!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
littlewitch34
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1tinkfans View Post
Hmmm
my sister used expedia and she too got no real disney number either, and she had to call expedia direct and set up her own Magical Express also, and call to get her reservation at disney as far as requests....
She had to call them directly, and they gave her the number verbally, then she called disney to confirm and all was okay!
Hope this helped!
As an aside, she was told by disney that they would not speak with her about anything since it was not booked thru them , then explained she has handicapped family member and I guess they took pity?? cause they then helped her. Personally Id only book thru disney..not worth the small savings IMHO

Have a great trip!
Due to how quick my trip was planned (I found out I was going to Orlando on 2/26 and am arriving on 3/11!) it actually was $87 cheaper to go Orbitz... which, well, is almost $100, and on a grad student budget, even saving $10 is cool, you know?

I got DME booked by calling DME directly, and have confirmation from Disney that they see my info, but they can't give me my reservation number? Orbitz didn't give me a Disney one, and the Orbitz girl on the phone sounded confused when I told her my hotel confirmation number they already gave me wasn't a Disney number. I don't think she understood what I was explaining to her.

I don't need a Disney #... I just wanted to link my reservation to my account online. It's all good, though. Disney told me they have record of me, so I won't be homeless in Orlando, and DME has my info, so I won't be hitchin' a ride come Monday!
littlewitch34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 AM   #4
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

I'm in the same boat. I booked through Orbitz with the ebates/spring20 for AoA LMM room (since you can't get a discount through Disney on this room). There is a conf# on there that looks like a Disney conf #, but when I go to link it, it doesn't work. I was able to book ME with it, so I don't think I'm going to bother calling etc, since that was all I really needed it for.

All the makings of a Disaster, Sept 2012

Split stay: Yacht Club/Pop Oct 1-Oct 8 DH/me
Art of Animation - April 2013 BFF trip
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 23-30, 2012 (Group trip)
Port Orleans Resort - Dec 10-15, 2010 (BFF trip)
POP Century - Sept 12-18, 2009 (Me and DS11)
Port Orleans Resort - Sept 2-12, 2008 (Group trip)
lurkernj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Tammy296
DIS Veteran

I was wonderingthe same thing about this too. We saw that Orbitz has a good deal compared to disney prices right now. Only thing is Orbitz does not sell disney dining plan. We wanted to add it to our existing reservation....

any ideas?????

-----------------------------
All Star Sports May 1997; Pop Century May 1999; Pop Century May 2010; Port Orleans French Quarter Nov 2010; Port Orleans Resort New Rooms Sept/Oct 2012; FIRST SOLO STAY: Beach Club/POP Century Mar 2013; POR Oct 2013
Tammy296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
czmom
DIS Veteran

I just booked through Orbitz as well. Saved $100.

I will be checking back to see if anyone has any luck obtaining a Disney confirmation number.
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #7
kaytieeldr
Reserving the right to make jokes out of typos - but NOT the people who make them - since 2012

Location: There is no Pixie Dust on the Transportation Board!!!

When you book your Disney (or really Amy) travel reservation through a third party, that person/company owns the reservation. The end provider will deal only with the travel agent/cy.
kaytieeldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 03:47 PM   #8
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

You just have to contact them again. Don't be thrown by one person; call back. You need the 12 digit Disney confirmation number. They've given it to others, like the person who is on the Orbitz thread in the Resorts section who posted on the 6th about emailing and getting the correct number.

Then you'll be able to link your reservation (assuming the system works right).

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #9
czmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbershoot View Post
You just have to contact them again. Don't be thrown by one person; call back. You need the 12 digit Disney confirmation number. They've given it to others, like the person who is on the Orbitz thread in the Resorts section who posted on the 6th about emailing and getting the correct number.

Then you'll be able to link your reservation (assuming the system works right).
Old 03-14-2013, 03:56 AM   #10
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

I ended up emailing orbitz for the conf# and they responded in a matter of hours. I went on the disney site and linked it. Very easy process.

Old 03-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #11
Poohbug
Sherlocked

I just emailed Orbitz for my WDW reservation number yesterday and it took about five hours for them to get back to me with it.

You can just set up ME on the website.

The hard part will be calling WDW to cancel the reservation I made with Disney. I saved $85 by booking with Orbitz over Disney. It's not much but it will pay for all our snacking around the Flower and Garden Festival.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:52 AM   #12
kkcindells
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkernj View Post
I ended up emailing orbitz for the conf# and they responded in a matter of hours. I went on the disney site and linked it. Very easy process.
What email address did you use to contact Orbitz? I tried to find one--no luck. I asked on chat with a customer service rep for their email and they said they didn't have one. Unfortunately, the rep wasn't able to help me with the 12 digit number either. Thanks.
kkcindells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:03 AM   #13
lurkernj
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkcindells View Post
What email address did you use to contact Orbitz? I tried to find one--no luck. I asked on chat with a customer service rep for their email and they said they didn't have one. Unfortunately, the rep wasn't able to help me with the 12 digit number either. Thanks.
On the very bottom left of your Orbitz confirmation it says "do not reply to this email us, contact us here (and is blue with a link)"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: