Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #16
Wcpedorc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice2
I stayed here with my family for our holiday vacation last year. We could not stand the place and checked into leaving immediately. It was a busy year so we couldn't check out using RCI but we wanted to. After staying at many time shares in the Orlando area including Sheraton Vistana, WBC and Vacation Village at Parkway, this one was sorely lacking. We stayed in the east village but was really far away from the pool. This was after explaining that my Dad had a stroke and heart condition and couldn't walk very far.

We got an updated room with very old, tube tv's. This was it for us. I know for some people tv's don't mean a lot but because of our modified schedule with my Dad, a good tv is important. We had one flat screen in the living room that was 32 inches.

The jacuzzi in the bathroom was very disappointing. It wasn't separate from the shower.

The washer and dryer was very loud. The worst part for me was how far away it was from all of the parks, outlets and everything else.

This year I learned my lesson booked early at WBC.
Wow our room is very different all LCD tvs, separate jacuzzi from shower, and we are 300ft from a pool. Our washer wasn't super quiet, but not too loud. And our trips to the parks were fast, even in August, I have stayed onsite and the wait for the bus+the ride was probably the same or worse. I also didn't find sheraton vistana any better.I am very sorry that you had a bad experience.
Wcpedorc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:30 PM   #17
KingofSwing3000
Mouseketeer

Yea, some of the villas still have tube TVs. But very few and they are being replaced with flat-screens.

It is a little further west on 192 but only a 2-4 miles from Sherberth, World Drive, and a ton of places to eat. And it's 10 mins from the Premium Outlets (which is actually closer than if you stay at most Disney hotels...)
KingofSwing3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 04:37 AM   #18
karice2
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcpedorc View Post
Wow our room is very different all LCD tvs, separate jacuzzi from shower, and we are 300ft from a pool. Our washer wasn't super quiet, but not too loud. And our trips to the parks were fast, even in August, I have stayed onsite and the wait for the bus+the ride was probably the same or worse. I also didn't find sheraton vistana any better.I am very sorry that you had a bad experience.
This is just conjecture but from what I have read, if you are not an Orange lake owner but checking in from RCI, one is given a different level of room. We wound up taking advantage of the black friday sales and buying another flat screen for my dad's room.

You got one of the rooms that I saw online and hoped to be put into. Oh well such is life. Dad didn't really like it and told me we are not staying there ever again. We don't go on vacation to have less than we have at home.

May 2010 -POFQ September 2010 AKL-December 2010 Off-Site
May 2011 BWV- December 2011 Christmas Magic December 2012 Annual Christmas Trip April 2014 Friends and Family May 2014 Star Wars Weekend July 2014 Harambe Nights

I've eaten at 47 out of 240 restaurants at Walt Disney World (20%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 85 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (18%)
I've eaten at 15 out of 70 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (21%)
I've eaten at 7 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (39%)
I've eaten at 0 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (0%)
karice2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #19
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice2

This is just conjecture but from what I have read, if you are not an Orange lake owner but checking in from RCI, one is given a different level of room. We wound up taking advantage of the black friday sales and buying another flat screen for my dad's room.

You got one of the rooms that I saw online and hoped to be put into. Oh well such is life. Dad didn't really like it and told me we are not staying there ever again. We don't go on vacation to have less than we have at home.
We had the same experience a few years ago when booking through RCI. We were all excited based on the pics we saw online and very disappointed in the unit we received. We had the same thing happen at Westgate Lakes on our honeymoon. We were given a very old worn unit then insisted on showing us the brand new ones we could have had before they'd sign off on our checkout papers. Needless to say, now we just book villas in rental communities like Windsor Hills or we rent points for DVC.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #20
Mom2HandR
Mouseketeer

We stayed there in August 2012. We specified the River Island area and we walked out our door to the lazy river/pools complex. We did have tube TVs in the bedroom, but flatscreen in the living area. Washer and dryer were fine. We did 2 resort days seeing the guy from Gatorland who does the show at the main building and pool hopping.

We were happy there. Took about 20 to get to WDW Sea World depending on the park. And from the upper levels at RI you could see the fireworks at Disney from the balcony.
Mom2HandR is offline   Reply With Quote