Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #1891
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Does Marv keep his computer on your thread at all times to catch how many Judy's? Maybe that's why he so seldom updates his own.
I don't know what to tell you. It's kind of creepy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Love the pictures of the safari ride; Mark loves elephants like Lauren and he would have loved seeing the elephant playing in the water.

You got some really great shots of the gorillas too.
I knew that you had a thing for giraffes, but I didn't know that Mark liked elephants. It was a good safari trip for the elephant aficionado.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Excellent, descriptive title!
Sums it up, doncha think?

Quote:
You'd think Disney could afford to fix that. Is it even up to code???
Oh yeah, that's exactly how the code requires it....a rats nest.

Quote:
So was the guy behind you in line irritated with you too after this comment?
Yeah, probably.

Quote:
This guy must have been a former JC skipper. Either that or he aspired to become one.

Quote:
Really? I always just thought it was a rock with a lump on it. I didn't realize there was even anything to anticipate.
If they ran some of that wiring from that building over there, they could give him a little jolt every now and then.

Quote:
Which brings up an interesting question. Would you rather face a the gorilla or be trampled by a tembo?
Gee, that's a tough one.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Way to use that zoom. Seems like someone should check out that mole....
Originally, my joke for that one was that to get any closer I'd need a veterinary license and a pair of rubber gloves, but I figured that might be a little too crass. But I can put it here because nobody reads these replies, right?

Quote:
Looks like he has "periscope up"
Most definitely!

Quote:
I had a busdriver that went through ALL the messages the busses can play. Pretty hilarious actually.

Birthday , anniversary , prince/princess, waterpark closed due to weather, watch your languagae, dont swing on handrails..... there were more.
There's a "don't swing on the handrails" one? Whoops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
you got some really good photos of the animals i dont t hink i have ever seen the elephants in the water.
Thanks. It is a little hard to get different pictures on this attraction after you've been on it a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
and our trip that was the first time i have ever seen the cheetas there as well, i wonder if they are new since i dont remember them as well.
Well, you've got a good memory, so we can't both have forgotten them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
I'm behind, I know, and now Marv has like a gagillion Judy sighting points. Oh well.
Molly! We've missed you.

Quote:
Hold on, I just finished reading your update here and I'm still blown away by the creatively titled chapter heading... Maybe you should just start titling them "day one, day two..."
I should've worked harder until I came up with a gem like "Safari So Good".

Quote:
Once again, great FP shot, very clean fingernails.
I gotta keep 'em well manicured when I'm on vacation, because I know how closely you'll be looking at the pictures.

Quote:
Fantastic safari pics! Love the zoomed in giraffe ones especially. You can even see its eyelashes! Good work.
Thanks!

Quote:
Ok Glenn, you're really dating yourself here as I have no idea what song you're talking about :
You know America at least, don't you? With songs like "A Horse with No Name", "Sister Golden Hair", "Ventura Highway", and "Tin Man"? Well this was another one, about amorous rodents.

Quote:
What a great little nook you found for lunch. You can never go wrong with pb&j, ever.
A nice little spot indeed.

Quote:
Animal Kingdom has some of the best theming of all the parks I think. It's superbly done! Looking forward to the next installment of "Animal Kingdom Morning part 2".
I agree with you.

Oops, the part 1 just referred to the fact that I was going to use two posts for that chapter. I decided against it when I got to the second post, but forgot to change the first one back. Oh well.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #1892
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Loved your update as always. Hidden Mickey = chip clip on the carrots. We have some of those, too.
Thanks Scooter Mom. Good eye!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 PM   #1893
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
Oooo, I didn't say that.
Maybe not, but I bet you laughed!!!

Quote:
Bridesmaid!
Sorry Pat, maybe one day.............

Quote:
The Rules Committee saw fit to give you an Eagle Eye point . Marv's post is first, but his edit is a minute after yours, so you both got one.
What I get for changing "...count on youR for an imaginative title...." to "....count on YOU......"

Quote:
I don't know what to tell you. It's kind of creepy.
This from the guy who stalked Mark's thread for days on end to try and capture a Movie Quote title???

Actually, once again pure luck. Had a safety meeting at work that went through lunch. It was supposed to be over at noon and ran over until 12:30. For some reason I decided to log on the DIS before warming up my lunch when I saw you had updated. It had already been up almost 10 minutes so I figured by the time I could check it and post there was no way I would be first........

My meeting ends on time I'm probably done with lunch and logged off by the time you posted and never see it nearly in time. Not my fault everyone else was SLOW!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 AM   #1894
nodnol
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I posted during lunchtime to give the Europeans a shot, but it goes to Marv yet again.
Thanks for spending your lunchhour on the DIS for us. Unfortunately life is tooo busy right now...

The cheetah was always there (means when I went to WDW for the first time), but usually they were hiding behind some bushes or lying complete flat on the top their hill.

nodnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:15 AM   #1895
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

African Killer Ducks! Love it!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #1896
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
You mean animatronic lion butt.
I bet that's how they punish Imagineers when they mess up. "Go build a lion butt!"

Quote:
The Rules Committee saw fit to give you an Eagle Eye point . Marv's post is first, but his edit is a minute after yours, so you both got one.
Let's hear it for technicalities!
Captain_Oblivious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #1897
MAGICFOR2
DIS Veteran

I'm back - thanks for waiting for me! We made another move to Texas and life will be good here with our grandbabies!
Nice update! I think that gorilla WAS giving you the stinkeye. Good idea for lunch - It's good you could find an empty table.
MAGICFOR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #1898
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I
Heck, we’re still sitting here, so max it out baby!

My what long eyelashes you have!

Quote:
Fortunately, we didn’t hang around any longer…otherwise I would’ve needed the Hubble telescope.
hahaha .....good one.......

Quote:

This is cool. I don't think I've ever seen an elephant totally submerged like that before. Love it!

BTW - Your pride rock shot looks like all of mine. Notice I said "all". Next time!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #1899
Disneybuckeye
DIS Veteran

A lion's hiney is more or a moving lion picture than I have ever gotten on the safari. They are alway laying around when we go.

I have also never seen an elephant cooling themselves off.

Sounds like a very successful safari.

Mary Kay

Enjoyed a great March 2011 trip staying at the Boardwalk.
Enjoyed a great December 2011 trip to our home resort VWL with a short visit to see Harry Potter.
Enjoyed a great October 2012 trip at BLT.
Enjoyed a last minute surprise trip to Disneyland February 2013.
Enjoyed a great October 2013 trip to Saratoga Springs with our daughter and her college friends
Disneybuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #1900
SimplyGoofy
"You are not Mickey Mouse... you are a rat!" "Rat, shmat. Besides, they're tourists. What do they know?"

I love it when you get an entertaining attraction driver! It definitely adds some extra flavor to a ride you've done before.

I absolutely agree about the safari rides producing blurry pictures. I know they can't stop all the time, but it's a shame to be <thisclose> to an animal and only wind up with a blur of a photo. Despite that, you took a lot of great animal photos! I love the detail photos you took of the African buildings, too!

Feb 2012 - A Savanna, A Wizard, and Oodles of Food - AKL/DxDP/WWoHP
SimplyGoofy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #1901
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

We had a funny Safari driver once too, I loved it! It was a nice change from the typical script.

We also had a few drivers that would stop completely - but I think they only do this when the park isn't too busy. I'll test my theory in a couple weeks during spring break.

LOVE the picture of the elephant spraying himself! What a cool moment.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #1902
DisneyKid4Life
DIS Veteran

I have to echo other people's comments. I have never seen the elephants in the water like that. Great shots.
DisneyKid4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 08:17 PM   #1904
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Okay I let Marv get that one as he was sooooo jealous the last time , I even made sure I didn't mess up your top of the page update , but I think one of those hands was Judy's !!!Making 2 judys !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:22 PM   #1905
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

I have finally caught up on the report, though I have given up trying to catch up on the banter.

It was nice being able to sit down and read 6 updates at once.

Great job on the night photos and the safari pics! (Nothing like bulb shots and hyper zoom.)

Enjoying living vicariously through your TR. (And trying to think the painful fact that at one point in time, we talked about meeting up at YB's show your first night.) On that note, won't be doing WDW this summer, but looking at another option....

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
GreatBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: