Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-29-2013, 12:52 PM   #16
lilpooh108
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dittybop View Post
We were on the 4 night out of Miami on the Wonder that just returned today. We stayed in the 2 BR Concierge Suite #8516 and man, was it noisy! Our sweet concierge, Jennifer, kept apologizing but I really don't think there was much she could do. This room is under a storage area up past the adult pool and outside the spa. We constantly were hearing people and things directly above us starting around 6am and well after 11 pm. I had a white noise app on my phone but couldn't drown out the sudden booms (things falling and/or being dropped?), rolling carts and clicking heels from people and things. Needless to say, my DH is not ready to shell out that kind of money for us and our 5 kids to stay in that room again. If noise doesn't bother you then it's a lovely room and great space. I wish Dream and Fantasy allowed 7 in a 2 BR...our concierge said they have a different design (maybe they wised up after complaints on the Wonder and Magic) and they're not under the pool deck/storage areas. Oh well, we did rebook so still happy, just 2 regular connecting rooms.
Wow. That would bother me so much, especially at those prices. Thanks for the heads up.
lilpooh108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #17
GoHabsGo
Mouseketeer

Made the mistake of booking a similar room on a Princess cruise years ago. Deck chairs being dragged around every morning. Not a good sleeper to begin with so I called on the second night and they were much better for a few nights. Unfortunately, the deck parties moved to the area of my cabin at the same time and drunks felt the need to scream as they entered the hallway and bounce off the walls and our door as they stumbled back to their rooms.
First half of cruise - no morning sleep, second half - no evening sleep.
Kind of miserable but at least it was still a cruise...
Since then, my number one priority is to look at what's above, below and beside the room I choose as well as whether my hall is a major thoroughfare.
As luck would have it, my verandah was surrounded by smokers on our last cruise!
GoHabsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #18
brianvdb
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgraves View Post
The only thing you won't be able to do is board with them with their #1 boarding card or wait in the concierge lounge at the port. They can wait to board with you and whatever boarding number you are assigned with your PAT.
Hmm... when we were on the Mexican Riviera Wonder cruise out of LA in March 2012, we had a Cat S and a Cat 4A (8032 and 8034, I believe)... a total of 8 people on two linked reservations. We were all able to check in at the concierge counter and were all given group #1 and boarded together. Didn't even have to ask.

Not sure if we lucked out, or if this is the normal way they do things...

brianvdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:19 PM   #19
mawhite424
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianvdb View Post
Hmm... when we were on the Mexican Riviera Wonder cruise out of LA in March 2012, we had a Cat S and a Cat 4A (8032 and 8034, I believe)... a total of 8 people on two linked reservations. We were all able to check in at the concierge counter and were all given group #1 and boarded together. Didn't even have to ask.

We did the same thing on the Wonder a couple of years ago. I think we even had the same 2 rooms! We went to the greeting lounge with them on the first day and every thing!

mawhite424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #20
disneywonderfun
DIS Veteran

For whatever this is worth, we stayed in the Roy Suite on the Wonder and only noticed deck noise a few times the entire cruise. It really did not bother us at all.

DWF
disneywonderfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:53 PM   #21
lbgraves
Little Cinderella's Mommy
The bad news is...they are driving me nuts!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mawhite424 View Post
We did the same thing on the Wonder a couple of years ago. I think we even had the same 2 rooms! We went to the greeting lounge with them on the first day and every thing!
Many things have changed since the PATs have been enforced. This is one of them, especially in PC. They don't even let platinum cruisers into the concierge lounge anymore.

Magic: E 11/15/2003, W 12/4/2004, E 12/10/2005, W DD w/ CM 12/9/2006, EBPC 8/2008, W 1/8/2011
Wonder: 3N 1/11/2010, Alaska 7/26/11
Fantasy: MV W w/ CM 3/31/2012, E w/ SJ 3/23/2013

DCL 2016 Opening Day Pricing Thread Pt 1: January - April
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #3 August - December
DCL 2015 Opening Day Pricing Thread #2 April - August

Past Opening Day Pricing Threads
lbgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #22
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumbie13 View Post
Anyone know what is above the Walt Disney Suite on the old ships?
When I get home I can look. I have plans for the Magic class ships that shows alot of the behind the scenes things a guest will usually never see.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM   #23
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:

Couldn't have been those two rooms because they are both Cat. Ts.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
kaseyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #24
truck1
Growing older but not up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brumbie13 View Post
Anyone know what is above the Walt Disney Suite on the old ships?

From the original drawings, depending on which room you refer to, Signals Bar is almost over both(it curves around the front edge of the foward funnel) and the support area( kitchen storage pantry etc) for Cove Cafe is over the Roy. On the stbd side the Arrrcade/Quartermasters is almost over Walt. The majority of the ceiling is deck space with chairs tables etc. On the same deck as the Roy/Walt Suites stand with your back to either door and look at the other and youll look at an a/c handler room.(assuming you can see through walls)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisneytattoo91 View Post
When you flew to Miami, was there still the Disney buses that took you to port? My DH and I were thinking about doing a getaway in May on the 4 night Wonder as well, and we have only ever went through Port Canaveral and it was a cinch from the airport, and was just wondering if it's that easy there too?
Dont think they are DCL busses. Most likely they are local charter busses.
truck1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:55 PM   #25
FJS961
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Couldn't have been those two rooms because they are both Cat. Ts.
correct. 8030 is the Walt (R) and 8032 and 8034 are the 'midship' extra wide (T) suites next to Walt moving aft.
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:56 PM   #26
FJS961
DIS Veteran

We have been in the Roy (8530) on both the Wonder and Magic and never experienced any noise issues from deck 9 above us.
FJS961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:39 PM   #27
mousemamma
Mouseketeer

We just got back two weeks ago from the Walt Disney Suite (8030) on the Wonder. The suite is under the Cove Cafe and we did not experience any noise whatsoever. It was wonderful!!
mousemamma is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: