Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 03-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #1861
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,316

Mickey Mail arrived today!! I am 10 days away from arrival! WooHoo!
I was thinking though...as many times and as much time as I have spent at Disney, this will be a trip with quite a few firsts...
I've never been in March or to the flower & garden festival @ Epcot.
I'm dining at Yachtsman Steak House & Narcossee's for the first time.... and hopefully Be Our Guest (even if it's just for lunch!)
I also found out FourforaDollar (not sure that I spelled that correctly) will be performing at the American Gardens in Epcot while I am there under their new name! So excited about that!! I loved them!!!
And lastly plan on trying that limited time only Dole Whip with Rum available in Epcot while I am there! Dole whips are some of my favorite treats at WDW!
Getting very excited about this trip!! But most of all, I can't wait to see my WONDERFUL DD!! She looks BEAUTIFUL in her costume! She has lost so much weight for all the walking she does all day long in her job. She calls it the 'disney diet'...mandatory exercise with little time to eat! LOL!
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #1862
SwimBikeRun
Mouseketeer
 
SwimBikeRun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 172

I just got back from a 7 night trip to Pop with my 2 sons. We had a blast! Some highs and lows are below. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Highs:

We were upgraded to a preferred room!! I requested close to the bus stop due to my son's medical conditions and we were in building 10 which was perfect for us.

I forgot one of my son's medications. Pop immediately transferred me to the pharmacy that delivers. 2 phone calls, $7.50 delivery fee and 2 hours later his medication had arrived. The front desk handled everything!

The male CM (looked like he was sort of in charge) gave me a carnation every morning. Nice touch!

The food was pretty good for food court food. I especially liked the "make your own salad" option. It was a huge salad and I'd eat half for breakfast the next morning! LOL

The King Cupcake. Enough said.

Lows:

Mousekeeping was pretty terrible. We didn't get a towel Mickey when we arrived. And they wrapped up one of my son's shoes in the bedding (we assume). The CM at the front desk didn't believe me but said she'd credit my account $20 to buy a new pair. Still haven't seen the credit show up.

We had an early am flight so I had luggage store my luggage overnight instead of having to lug it out at 3:30 am. The guy in the luggage area was sound asleep when I went to claim the bags. I had to shake him to wake him up!

Had a rude CM at check-out.

The food court was super busy. They seemed to be training a lot of people. I felt so badly that they had a lot of elderly CMs working so late at night when the food courts would get slammed.

The rooms were pretty tight. I thought the resort was fun.
SwimBikeRun is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #1863
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran
 
2Pirates2Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 2,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses
Does anyone know if they still bring out big wheels for kids to ride on in the afternoon near the 70's buildings? I read somewhere that this is one of the organized afternoon activities they do for kids at Pop and I know my 4 and 6 year olds wouldn't want to miss out on that

Anyone?? Should I assume they don't do this activity anymore?
2Pirates2Princesses is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:39 PM   #1864
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses

Anyone?? Should I assume they don't do this activity anymore?
I will try to find out an answer for you on my trip in 10 days if no one else seems to know before then...
My kids would've been too big for this for years now and we generally stay in the 50's or 60's, so that's why I am clueless on this one!! Best I can do is ask for you when I get there.
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #1865
2Pirates2Princesses
DIS Veteran
 
2Pirates2Princesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 2,200

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink

I will try to find out an answer for you on my trip in 10 days if no one else seems to know before then...
My kids would've been too big for this for years now and we generally stay in the 50's or 60's, so that's why I am clueless on this one!! Best I can do is ask for you when I get there.

Thank you, I read about this somewhere and I was curious if it was something still offered.
2Pirates2Princesses is offline  
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #1866
stitchlovestink
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 4,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun
I just got back from a 7 night trip to Pop with my 2 sons. We had a blast! Some highs and lows are below. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Highs:

We were upgraded to a preferred room!! I requested close to the bus stop due to my son's medical conditions and we were in building 10 which was perfect for us.

I forgot one of my son's medications. Pop immediately transferred me to the pharmacy that delivers. 2 phone calls, $7.50 delivery fee and 2 hours later his medication had arrived. The front desk handled everything!

The male CM (looked like he was sort of in charge) gave me a carnation every morning. Nice touch!

The food was pretty good for food court food. I especially liked the "make your own salad" option. It was a huge salad and I'd eat half for breakfast the next morning! LOL

The King Cupcake. Enough said.

Lows:

Mousekeeping was pretty terrible. We didn't get a towel Mickey when we arrived. And they wrapped up one of my son's shoes in the bedding (we assume). The CM at the front desk didn't believe me but said she'd credit my account $20 to buy a new pair. Still haven't seen the credit show up.

We had an early am flight so I had luggage store my luggage overnight instead of having to lug it out at 3:30 am. The guy in the luggage area was sound asleep when I went to claim the bags. I had to shake him to wake him up!

Had a rude CM at check-out.

The food court was super busy. They seemed to be training a lot of people. I felt so badly that they had a lot of elderly CMs working so late at night when the food courts would get slammed.

The rooms were pretty tight. I thought the resort was fun.
Welcome Home!!
Bet it was Turner drugs! I have them in my list of important #'s that I take in my Disney travel binder! They have a GREAT reputation. Glad you were able to get his meds so easily!!!
Congrats on the upgrade but sorry mousekeeping was subpar!
I enjoy the food court quite a bit there. Interesting you would say you had a lot of older CMs as when I was there in January...the late evening was like a college crew! I suspect they had a lot of CPers at that time! Although...it was the changeover to the new spring group...I was bringing my DD in as a CP CM (not to work there at POP but elsewhere at WDW). Anyway, it was a little bit of a party at times, but the kids were always nice and helpful. They would chatter and ask if you needed anything. I never had any problems getting help.
Hope Overall, you enjoyed your trip!!

Last edited by stitchlovestink; 03-06-2013 at 09:59 PM.
stitchlovestink is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #1867
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchlovestink View Post
Mickey Mail arrived today!! I am 10 days away from arrival! WooHoo!
I was thinking though...as many times and as much time as I have spent at Disney, this will be a trip with quite a few firsts...
I've never been in March or to the flower & garden festival @ Epcot.
I'm dining at Yachtsman Steak House & Narcossee's for the first time.... and hopefully Be Our Guest (even if it's just for lunch!)
I also found out FourforaDollar (not sure that I spelled that correctly) will be performing at the American Gardens in Epcot while I am there under their new name! So excited about that!! I loved them!!!
And lastly plan on trying that limited time only Dole Whip with Rum available in Epcot while I am there! Dole whips are some of my favorite treats at WDW!
Getting very excited about this trip!! But most of all, I can't wait to see my WONDERFUL DD!! She looks BEAUTIFUL in her costume! She has lost so much weight for all the walking she does all day long in her job. She calls it the 'disney diet'...mandatory exercise with little time to eat! LOL!
Mickey Mail.. the BEST mail ever!! Sounds like a great line up of "firsts" planned for this trip!

And congrats to your DD ... hmmm seems like we should all try the Disney Diet!
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #1868
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun View Post
I just got back from a 7 night trip to Pop with my 2 sons. We had a blast! Some highs and lows are below. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Highs:

We were upgraded to a preferred room!! I requested close to the bus stop due to my son's medical conditions and we were in building 10 which was perfect for us.

I forgot one of my son's medications. Pop immediately transferred me to the pharmacy that delivers. 2 phone calls, $7.50 delivery fee and 2 hours later his medication had arrived. The front desk handled everything!

The male CM (looked like he was sort of in charge) gave me a carnation every morning. Nice touch!

The food was pretty good for food court food. I especially liked the "make your own salad" option. It was a huge salad and I'd eat half for breakfast the next morning! LOL

The King Cupcake. Enough said.

Lows:

Mousekeeping was pretty terrible. We didn't get a towel Mickey when we arrived. And they wrapped up one of my son's shoes in the bedding (we assume). The CM at the front desk didn't believe me but said she'd credit my account $20 to buy a new pair. Still haven't seen the credit show up.

We had an early am flight so I had luggage store my luggage overnight instead of having to lug it out at 3:30 am. The guy in the luggage area was sound asleep when I went to claim the bags. I had to shake him to wake him up!

Had a rude CM at check-out.

The food court was super busy. They seemed to be training a lot of people. I felt so badly that they had a lot of elderly CMs working so late at night when the food courts would get slammed.

The rooms were pretty tight. I thought the resort was fun.
Welcome home! Congrats on the room upgrade!! Sorry that mousekeeping was not the best. Hopefully you will see that credit soon... Happy that the CMs came thru in getting info to you quickly regarding replacing your son's meds. Overall, it is great to read that you all enjoyed your stay at Pop.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:25 PM   #1869
pittsburghmom
Mouseketeer
 
pittsburghmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimBikeRun View Post



The food was pretty good for food court food. I especially liked the "make your own salad" option. It was a huge salad and I'd eat half for breakfast the next morning! LOL
I agree! While we enjoyed just about everything from the food court, I wish I would have discovered the "make your own salad" at the beginning of the trip, instead of the end. It was fantastic! Also, the "create your own sundae" from the ice cream/dessert counter was HUGE and a great value as a snack credit. The five of us were able to share without a problem. Wish I was there right now!
pittsburghmom is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:48 PM   #1870
Laracroft72
All things Disney Lover
 
Laracroft72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Florida
Posts: 69

Just got back Sunday from our stay and it was a cold one! The rooms were clean and I did appreciate that. But even there 4 nights we never got a fresh bar of soap or shampoo/bodywash. I was glad I brought my own.

The food was really good for counter service. The King cupcake (OMG) it was soooo good. Whenever we got a snack from the food court it was always fresh.

Overall I was pleased with our stay. We got the room requests that I asked for and basically we were only there to sleep anyway.
Laracroft72 is offline  
Old 03-07-2013, 01:55 PM   #1871
cw21726
Chillest Fool on Earth
 
cw21726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 302

We got back yesterday and I'll consign the housekeeping complaint. The sheets on my boy's bed weren't changed since the lat occupant because there were crumbs all over the top sheet. We let the staff know and they said it would be taken care of. Bed was remade so I assumed it was. The next morning his diaper leaked a little so I let the staff know about it to change out the sheets and that there were STILL crumbs on the sheets. When bedtime came around the next day the crumbs remained so he slept with me. Other than that we had an enjoyable time and would consider this resort again.
__________________
No Cellos
cw21726 is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 12:43 PM   #1872
Janet B
DIS Veteran
 
Janet B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Harleysville, PA
Posts: 3,960

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw21726 View Post
We got back yesterday and I'll consign the housekeeping complaint. The sheets on my boy's bed weren't changed since the lat occupant because there were crumbs all over the top sheet. We let the staff know and they said it would be taken care of. Bed was remade so I assumed it was. The next morning his diaper leaked a little so I let the staff know about it to change out the sheets and that there were STILL crumbs on the sheets. When bedtime came around the next day the crumbs remained so he slept with me. Other than that we had an enjoyable time and would consider this resort again.
Happy that you had a fun time despite the housekeeping issues... that seems very lacking... wondering if this was contained to a certain area/bldg and they were short staffed...not making excuses at all..just trying to figure out we have read this from a few returning guests lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laracroft72 View Post
Just got back Sunday from our stay and it was a cold one! The rooms were clean and I did appreciate that. But even there 4 nights we never got a fresh bar of soap or shampoo/bodywash. I was glad I brought my own.

The food was really good for counter service. The King cupcake (OMG) it was soooo good. Whenever we got a snack from the food court it was always fresh.

Overall I was pleased with our stay. We got the room requests that I asked for and basically we were only there to sleep anyway.
Overall, happy POP was a good fit for you this trip. ... it is weird that your toiletries were not replaced...we were always getting replacements (even when it was evident we didn't touch the initial ones..).

BTW.. you can call Housekeeping from your room and request those items or ask a housekeeper for supplies when you see them cleaning....not that one should have to do these things but it does solve the immedate issue of needed supplies.
__________________
Janet

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Janet B is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #1873
KELLY
DIS Veteran
 
KELLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Wells,me,usa
Posts: 5,602

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Pirates2Princesses View Post
Anyone?? Should I assume they don't do this activity anymore?
I haven't seen it. But the do have activities at the 60's pool daily. I have seem them bring out the hoopla hoops and ballon toss a few times.
__________________

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline  
Old 03-08-2013, 11:40 PM   #1874
Goofysrus
Mouseketeer
 
Goofysrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 101

Thanks to anyone who might know the window size at the Pop?
We're making a banner and would love to have the width. Does anyone think its about 3 feet. I really can't tell from the photos.
I'm really enjoying all the info and comments!
Thanks again...😎
Goofysrus is offline  
Old 03-09-2013, 01:32 AM   #1875
JavArmy
DIS Veteran
 
JavArmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: From Iowa, but I'm an Army wife in Ft. Meade, MD
Posts: 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofysrus View Post
Thanks to anyone who might know the window size at the Pop?
We're making a banner and would love to have the width. Does anyone think its about 3 feet. I really can't tell from the photos.
I'm really enjoying all the info and comments!
Thanks again...��
Window size: 37 ¾” x 59” Approximate door size: 36” x 76”

Here you go!
__________________
Past Trips: June 2011 Poly, June 2012 POP, September 2012 ASMo
Future Trips: August 2013 AoA, May 2014 Fantasy (1st cruise EVER!)

JavArmy is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: