Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #661
tink's girls
Mouseketeer

Thanks (and an arcade question)

Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread! I have gotten so much information! One question about the arcade. Even though we have been to disney several times, we have never gone into the arcade. This time we have worked in some more down time and I am sure the 12 year old will want to go. Will I need a roll of quarters or how does it work? If we need quarters I am going to include them in the disney trip themed Easter Baskets I am working on! Thanks!!!!

Dec. 2005 ASMo
Dec. 2007 POP
Dec. 2008 CSR
October 2010 AKL
December 2011 offsite with husband's free hotel points
June 8-12 2013 CSR

Last edited by tink's girls; 03-05-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:50 PM   #662
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink's girls View Post
Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread! I have gotten so much information! One question about the arcade. Even though we have been to disney several times, we have never gone into the arcade. This time we have worked in some more down time and I am sure the 12 year old will want to go. Will I need a roll of quarters or how does it work? If we need quarters I am going to include them in the disney trip themed Easter Baskets I am working on! Thanks!!!!
if you booked a package, I believe they all now come with two passes to Disney Quest. If you choose to go there (5 floors of arcade) it is all included and thus no need for quarters. We went and it was only three of us...so we had to pay for one. We left our teen at home, but he would have been thrilled by DQ. As it was, dh and dd were in heaven.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #663
tink's girls
Mouseketeer

thanks Annmarieda . We may go to Disney Quest (that is a great idea actually - thanks!) but I am curious about the arcade at CSR? Do you know if it requires quarters? Thanks!

Dec. 2005 ASMo
Dec. 2007 POP
Dec. 2008 CSR
October 2010 AKL
December 2011 offsite with husband's free hotel points
June 8-12 2013 CSR

Old 03-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #664
Princess Marsha
Earning My Ears

Quick Question

I am staying at CSR in June for three nights. I plan on doing on-line check in but was wondering how early can I arrive at the resort to check in and get my parking pass for my day at the park?

Thanks!

me & DH

Off property: July 82, July 84 - Trips with my Dad and older brother - I wish I had more memories of these trips
July 86 - Day trip to Disneyland with my Mom, older brother and younger brother
Day trips - Jan 94 - Boot camp graduation weekend, Feb 94 - while on leave after boot camp, Aug 05 - with my older brother and his family
Off property June 2008 and 2011 - again with my older brother and his family
All-star Movies - Aug 2011 - Girls only trip, first on property stay with my best friend
Coronado Springs Resort June 2013 - a fun filled 3 days with my older brother and his family
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 PM   #665
kimnvbva
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Marsha View Post
I am staying at CSR in June for three nights. I plan on doing on-line check in but was wondering how early can I arrive at the resort to check in and get my parking pass for my day at the park?

Thanks!
You could check in at anytime! Even though you're room might not be ready, they will store your bags and hand you your KTTW cards to head to the parks. They will usually text you when your room is ready!

September 2009 Caribbean Beach Resort
December 2010 Wilderness Lodge
August 2011 Port Orleans Riverside/Disney Dream
November 2012 Art of Animation Resort
June 2013 Coronado Springs
Old 03-06-2013, 07:55 PM   #666
Hasil72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink's girls
thanks Annmarieda . We may go to Disney Quest (that is a great idea actually - thanks!) but I am curious about the arcade at CSR? Do you know if it requires quarters? Thanks!
All the arcades at WDW take cards that you buy from a machine in the arcade that you can reload. There's a picture of the machines somewhere on the Dis with the prices. I can't remember if they take quarters or just the cards, sorry.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:32 PM   #667
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Marsha View Post

Thanks!
7:00 AM is when you can check in for that day. If you do online check-in and put your arrival time as 7:00 AM and have no requests for location, you might get lucky and have a (previously unoccupied) room ready for you. Otherwise, leave your stuff with Bell Services and they'll text you your room number when it's ready.

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:29 PM   #668
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sorry... I am not entirely sure. We did not use the arcade at CSR. At others resorts, if I remember correctly the machines took points not money.... and we purchased a card. (or added to the one that came with the package) I am not sure if we paid cash for the card of if we used our KTTWC to pay for the points to be added. I can say I am almost sure that we did not use quarters. But... again... I am not 100% sure
Old 03-07-2013, 11:51 AM   #669
mommyrosa2
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there is adequate seating at the main pool? Last time we were there, we only made it to the main pool once and we were there during a slower time in October. As much as I love the BC and SAB, the pool area was always so crowded and finding lounge chairs for us was always a hassle this past August. Just want to prepare myself just in case. Has anyone had an issue at CSR during the busier months??

Old 03-07-2013, 12:21 PM   #670
the5wills
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinkerbellLuvr7
Just checked out of Business Class today! For us, it was worth it! The breakfast was great and you are able to have it as grab and go if need-be. The only thing that changed daily was the muffin/cin. roll/danish. The CMs were all fantastic and loved hearing what your daily plans were or how your day was!

The night snacks were very good after a long day in the park or a treat before you leave for the park at night. We were on the DDP and thought it was still worth it! Everyone we talked to in the club really enjoyed themselves.

If you have any questions let me know!
Thanks for this info! I am booked May 17-23 with my DH and 3 kids (1,4,7). So my kids are young. Is it going to be a problem if we stop by with all our kids? Or is it intended to be only for Adults?? TIA. Angle
Old 03-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #671
the5wills
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4prez

My advice, don't second guess yourself. Everyone has a different opinion to where they like best. If the Cabana and it's beach them appealed to you I say stay with it. I am booked for business class and one of the big reasons for me is because I know that it will be located in 9B in the Cabana's.
So which bus stop is closest to the Cabanas9? Traveling with 3children so hoping for bus stop 2! Thanks
Old 03-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #672
marylandgirl
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I think most of the arcades on Disney resorts have the machines where you put in dollar bills (as much as you want) and you get a card with points on it to use for each video game. Each game takes a different amount of points.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #673
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by the5wills View Post
Thanks for this info! I am booked May 17-23 with my DH and 3 kids (1,4,7). So my kids are young. Is it going to be a problem if we stop by with all our kids? Or is it intended to be only for Adults?? TIA. Angle
The Lounge is for all ages! There really isn't an area for "play", but they do have several areas of seating and TVs; and one area usually had the Disney Channel on!

And the CMs who were working there in early February were wonderful with the children who were in the Lounge (with their parents, I might add! )

Old 03-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #674
Buddy18
Mouseketeer

I read that there is a Wii or Xbox too
Old 03-07-2013, 01:15 PM   #675
RachelTori
AKL Jambo Wildbunch

Sees little green people
Wants to dine with Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy18 View Post
I read that there is a Wii or Xbox too
I think you're correct. I believe it's a Wii.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: