Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Seeking Silver Lake Resort G Unit info

I just spoke to someone at Silver Lake Resort about room requests. I wanted to confirm that what I booked through RCI was indeed what I was being given at Silver Lake. I booked a one bedroom Silver Lake Silver Points and was happy to find out that I was in a G unit (one bedroom with washer/dryer and full kitcehn) in the 800, 900, or 1000 buildings. After speaking with the reservation agent, I decided that my only request would be a "non-parking lot view". She said that currently I had a parking lot view, but she was able to find me a forest view in the 900 building. She said that she would note that we had already spoken about this reservation to be sure that we didn't get moved from this room.

So what can you tell me about the 900 building and the G units?

How does the entryway work? Is it off of an inner hall or outdoor entrance? Is the entrance shared with other units?

Is it hard to find parking at night near the 900 building?

How easy is it to access the pool from the unit itself? Is there a hall from a lobby/elevator leading to the pool? Or do you have to walk around the building? Just wondering about convenience to and froom the room.

Is there bathroom facilities near the pool between the 900 and 1000 building? We will be there over Easter. If we go to the parks during the morning and return for a swim in the afternoon, we will we have a hard time finding available chairs by the pool?

Where is the movie theater located? Are all of the children's activities by the main pool by 1700-1800 buildings?

Thanks to all of you that can help with any or all of my questions!

I will be sure to post a full report of the resort when I return in April!
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

Bump
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; WBC '14, ; WBC/ASSp Spring Break 2015
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote