Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #1
cosmolette
Dream Vacation Planner with ****

planning our first Disney cruise

My family and I have been to disney world 3 times this past year ans now we want to do a cruise/disneyworld.
First we are debating whether to book everything now or wait until the sept deals come out for disney world.
Second my wonder other half said if we do not book transportation with the cruise they will charge us $70?
If anyone has any advice at all I would love to hear it
Old 03-06-2013, 05:44 PM   #2
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

Not quite.

All transportation booked to/from Port Canaveral and MCO or Disney resorts has a cost. There is no free ride - the only "free" or included transportation is between MCO and the Disney resorts and has nothing to do with the cruise. To get to or from the cruise with Disney, you have to pay. The cost for cruise transfers is $35 per person each way, or $70 round trip per person. You book them through the cruise line - not your resort.

If you have more than two or three people you may want to look into some other form of transportation to and from Port Canaveral, like a car rental or a car service.
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 PM   #3
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmolette View Post
My family and I have been to disney world 3 times this past year ans now we want to do a cruise/disneyworld.
First we are debating whether to book everything now or wait until the sept deals come out for disney world.
Second my wonder other half said if we do not book transportation with the cruise they will charge us $70?
Booking now you lock in the price. Prices on cruiselines typically rise the closer you get to the cruise.

If you book your own airfare, you can purchase DCL transfers for $35 per person each way. If you book your airfare with DCL, it will "include" DCL transfers. In quotes because it is just added to the airfare.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #4
Justacruiser
Military Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmolette View Post
You can book your cruise reservation now, which requires a 20% deposit. There is a refund policy policy. You can also change the dates as long as you are outside the final payment window. About 75 days.

I assume the $70 charge you are referring to is the transportation from the MCO to port. If so, I think it is $60 per person RT. You can go through Disney to book your flight and take care of everything, but I have seen threads where people weren't exactly happy when Disney booked the flight.

Transportation to the port is simple, book the transportation and show up at their location at MCO. Any other questions, let me know.

2014 - 4 Cruises: 2-Dream (B2B), 1-Fantasy, 1-Magic
2013 - 7 Cruises (Grand Slam): 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 2-Dream (B2B), 2-Wonder (B2B)
2012 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 1-Fantasy, 1-Dream (non-traditional B2B Fantasy/Dream)
2011 - 4 Cruises: 2-Magic, 2-Dream
2010 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2009 - 1 Cruise: Wonder
2003 - 1 Cruise: Wonder

Magic-7, Wonder-5, Dream-7, Fantasy-3
3 Day Cruises = 4, 4 Day Cruise = 7, 7 Day Cruises = 9, 8 Day Cruises = 2, B2B Cruises = 4, Grand Slam (4 ships 1 year) = 1 (so far)

Upcoming Cruises:
(23) 7 Night Eastern Caribbean Fantasy - 12/14
(24) 7 Night Fantasy - 10 Hawaii - Disney Wonder 2015
Justacruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #5
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justacruiser View Post
You can book your cruise reservation now, which requires a 20% deposit. There is a refund policy policy. You can also change the dates as long as you are outside the final payment window. About 75 days.

I assume the $70 charge you are referring to is the transportation from the MCO to port. If so, I think it is $60 per person RT. You can go through Disney to book your flight and take care of everything, but I have seen threads where people weren't exactly happy when Disney booked the flight.

Transportation to the port is simple, book the transportation and show up at their location at MCO. Any other questions, let me know.
DCL transportation from MCO to port, WDW to port, port to MCO, port to WDW = $35 per person each way. No round trip discount.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #6
su_A_ve
DIS Veteran

Not only by booking now you'll lock the prices, you'll also be able to get the category and stateroom you want. The more you wait, the lower categories tend to sell out.

On slow times, DCL puts out specials, but they tend to show up within 75 days of sailing, which means that those who put a deposit would have had to paid in full already. So waiting could provide a cost savings, however you'll be at the mercy of airfare prices going up.
'13 (5n Wonder), '13 (POR Xmas), '13 (3n Magic Post Xmas), '14 (CSR SWW)

°(((=((===°°°(((===========================================
su_A_ve is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: