Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
sahoenshell1218
Mouseketeer

gifts delivered to resort room

Is there anywhere else besides Disney Florist that you can recommend getting a gift basket/surprise gift delivered to your room? Disney Florist is just too expensive.
Thanks!
sahoenshell1218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
Dis703
DIS Veteran

We are sending our own In Room Celebration gift. I've been buying things and will ship it down to the resort. Pretty sure you order from just about anywhere and there are various options if you do a search for personal shoppers in Orlando.

Dis703 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Missytara
I'm all ears!

Memories by Betsy comes highly recommended by many people on the boards.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #4
Pakey

I'm not a rookie
I got 2 dogs. I joined the Dis.

I have used both Disney Florist and Memories by Betsy. There's no doubt that the quality/presentation of Disney Florist is superior but Betsy does a nice job and is great to work with.

There is also a Disney personal shopper on facebook. I don't know anything about this service but have read it mentioned in other threads.
Pakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:00 PM   #5
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakey View Post
I have used both Disney Florist and Memories by Betsy. There's no doubt that the quality/presentation of Disney Florist is superior but Betsy does a nice job and is great to work with.

There is also a Disney personal shopper on facebook. I don't know anything about this service but have read it mentioned in other threads.
Not sure if this is 100% accurate, but I had heard that only Disney Florist can deliver directly to the room and any other vendor has to deliver to the front desk.
Old 03-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor3297 View Post
Not sure if this is 100% accurate, but I had heard that only Disney Florist can deliver directly to the room and any other vendor has to deliver to the front desk.
Nope, I doubt it. The issue is that there is no way to deliver anything to a room until you've already been in it. They won't take something to a room so the guest gets it upon arrival into the room. the room isn't really theirs until the room key is made up.
We've had things presented to us upon checkin. In fact, that was the case when I ordered boxes made up for my dd and her two friends at BWV. The boxes were given to them when they checked in...then they left the boxes with Bell Services until their studio was ready.
Even the Disney Florist has to wait to deliver anything.

goofy4tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #7
taylor3297
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
Nope, I doubt it. The issue is that there is no way to deliver anything to a room until you've already been in it. They won't take something to a room so the guest gets it upon arrival into the room. the room isn't really theirs until the room key is made up.
We've had things presented to us upon checkin. In fact, that was the case when I ordered boxes made up for my dd and her two friends at BWV. The boxes were given to them when they checked in...then they left the boxes with Bell Services until their studio was ready.
Even the Disney Florist has to wait to deliver anything.
Well when we got to our room last August there was a flower arrangement that was sent to us already in the room. It was a Disney Florist arrangement.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: