Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 05:01 AM   #1
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Anyone ever rent WBC from Aaron & Jackie Washburn?

Has anyone rented from Aaron Washburn? I will be renting from him and he seems great. I almosted rented from him last year too. I checked BBB but could not find anything on him. So I decided to come to the next best place My Disser Peeps!

If you have had any experience with him, I would greatly like to here your feedback!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:06 PM   #2
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Talking

Wow, no one? I almost rented from them last year because they gave me a good quote, but someone else had beat them. This year they beat everyone hands down. 1,800 for 15 nights, 2 Bedroom. July 2013

I could not find anything under their name for the BBB, since I know he is not a fly by night and has been listing under My Resort Network on a regular basis I feel pretty confident about them.

Last year he gave me a decent price early and then at the 60 day mark too, but I was not going during a peak time then, so I played the 60 Day chicken game and won.

This year I do not want to play that game

Seriously anyone?

I did do a search...there was one person who did mention him by name with only good things to say.
Register to remove

Old 03-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #3
Becky27
Earning My Ears

I have a rental from him this summer. He is very quick with answering my questions. I've never stayed offsite and have to really budget this time. His price was way below everyone else. I did check here and like you said, only one comment, so I decided to go ahead and try it. Good luck to you.
Becky27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
eeyorepixie
AKA Queenie

Well now we have 3 and I have someon on TGM who almost rented with him and had to cancel due to a family emergency and he was great with them. I have signed the contract and paid in full, so there is no looking back now

Thanks so much for posting

In case someone else does a search, after my trip I will post my experience on this thread. So far he has exellent communication skills.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #5
saysay
DIS Veteran

How do you contact him? Just curious how his prices compare with Vacation Strategy.

Disneyland - 2009 Sheraton, 2010 Candy Cane Inn, 2012 Grand Californian
WDW - 2010, 2011, 2012 Wyndham Bonnet Creek, 2011, 2012 The Swan, 2012 POFQ, 2013 POR, Sheraton Vistana, 2014 POR, CR, AKL
saysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
dishguy1977
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saysay View Post
How do you contact him? Just curious how his prices compare with Vacation Strategy.
He has ads on myresortnetwork.com.

Anybody else ever used him?
dishguy1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

Can't wait to hear what you think! I'm think I'm going to book with him for our Oct. 2014 trip he agreed to lock in the price he quoted me and not accept a down payment until he books for us in Dec/Jan. but I can't seem to find much info.... on the flip side got quotes from VS, VU, Farrells, & Shelby.... the Washburns were the best, and VS wouldn't even respond!
Old 07-06-2013, 08:57 PM   #8
Jenny-momof3
DIS Veteran

I rented from him over spring break. Fantastic to work with! And he's helped some friends and family book trips as well!

July'08 POP/WH, July'09 BCV/AKV,NOV'09 POP,MAR'10 WH,Dec.'10 POP, Mar'11 POP,July'11AK,Nov.'11 POP,Mar.12 WL/SSR, July'12 BCV/BLT,Dec '12 BC/AOA, Jan.13 WL, Apr.'13 BC, Jun. '13 SSR
Jenny-momof3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #9
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

Good to hear, yay!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:03 PM   #10
Jenny-momof3
DIS Veteran

Curious as to what your dates are? I noticed you said Dec/Jan. So New Years? I've been unsuccessful so far in finding new years.

July'08 POP/WH, July'09 BCV/AKV,NOV'09 POP,MAR'10 WH,Dec.'10 POP, Mar'11 POP,July'11AK,Nov.'11 POP,Mar.12 WL/SSR, July'12 BCV/BLT,Dec '12 BC/AOA, Jan.13 WL, Apr.'13 BC, Jun. '13 SSR
Jenny-momof3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:43 PM   #11
kbarrett
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny-momof3
Curious as to what your dates are? I noticed you said Dec/Jan. So New Years? I've been unsuccessful so far in finding new years.
Our dates are actually late October/early November 2014. What I meant was he'll be able to secure the reservation for those dates in December/January so I haven't paid a penny until he confirms the reservation. Sorry to get you mixed up I probably phrased it oddly.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

I have a one bedroom at Bonnet Creek booked with him for our Dec trip. His quote easily beat everyone else.

I got quotes from several different people for trips in Sept and Dec (Vacation Upgrades, Vacation Strategy, Farrell's Vacation, Shelby Resorts, Aaron Washburn, and also a seller on ebay). Shelby Resorts was cheaper for the Sept trip, but Aaron Washburn was significantly cheaper for the Dec trip, so we went with him. I wanted to pay for both trips in full (instead of paying just a deposit and then the balance later). I called and Aaron sounded very nice. He wanted to use PayPal, sent me the request for payment, and then as soon as I paid, he emailed me the signed rental agreement just a few minutes later, showing I was paid in full.

Last edited by aubriee; 07-07-2013 at 04:15 PM.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:26 PM   #13
eangel12
DIS Veteran

Bumping up to see reviews! Looking to book with him, price is amazing!! Just want to make sure it is legit!!
eangel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:16 AM   #14
aubriee
Chocolate always makes things better

Quote:
Originally Posted by eangel12 View Post
Bumping up to see reviews! Looking to book with him, price is amazing!! Just want to make sure it is legit!!
He's legit and very nice to do business with. I also like that he takes Paypal, so you know you are covered if something happens. We had no problem when we used him for our Dec 6th-16th trip. We booked with Vacation Strtegies for our trip this past May. We didn't have a problem them either, but did not received anything from them once we paid the balance. On the other hand, about six weeks out from our Dec trip, Aaron emailed me the resort confirmation numbers and said if there was anything else he could help us with to just let him know and he was looking forward to hearing about our trip.

About a 1 1/2 weeks ago, I emailed him asking if he could get us another reservation for March 21-31. He quickly checked, then emailed me back just an hour or so later to say he couldn't get all the days, but again if he could help us with anything else to just let him know.
aubriee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 04:47 AM   #15
eangel12
DIS Veteran

Thanks for responding so quickly. I am going to book with him!! He seemed very nice and the price is right. We had another booked through Vacation Strategy originally but our dates changed so we had to cancel. Thanks again!!
eangel12 is offline   Reply With Quote