Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 01:02 PM   #16
meg8017
Mouseketeer

we stayed there in Oct 2011. It was the only moderate with military discount availability so we went with it. We really enjoyed our stay, however I think our room location had a lot to do with it. We were in Aruba 51 (?) just over the bridge, so the walk to the pool and food court wasn't bad. we also used that bus stop as it seemed closer than the aruba one. Had we been in a farther location I would not have been happy. I would definitely pay for a preferred here. Also, we really enjoyed the pool but we had 2 little kids who loved it. (separate awesome kids pool). For just adults I don't think it's any better than say, CSR (we have stayed there also). As far as the food court, I thought it seemed pretty standard. The only food court we have not liked is the Pepper Market at CSR. (but others love it,it's all about personal taste). The transportation was ok. It was better than the POLY we thought. Sometimes we waited for 15-20 min, other times bus came right away. It is a beautiful resort, and if you don't mind walking (or paying a little more), then I'd say go for it!

ASMo : March 2002, Aug. 2002
CSR: May 2003 engaged in Disney
WL: Aug 2004
Disneymoon! BC and WL May/June 2005
Poly: May 2006
POP Jan 31-Feb 6 2010
CBR Oct 23-30 2011
POFQ May 4-11 2013!
meg8017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:33 PM   #17
writersblock42
DIS Veteran

Oh yeah. The double beds were kinda bad for us. My dh is a large guy-over 6'2" and a large build so a double bed is squishy for us.
On-Site 2007 Caribbean Beach Resort
On-Site 2013 Coronado Springs Resort
writersblock42 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #18
MissManda
DIS Veteran

DH and I stayed at CBR several years ago in the Jamaica section. It is a beautiful resort and we really liked it. Our building was fairly close to a bus stop which was nice and it was a short walk to the food court area. If you use Disney buses, it can be somewhat of a pain because I think there are 6 stops. So, its time consuming. We would stay there again, but only if we rented a car. I think that would make it so much easier to get around this resort.

I've seen several people mention the double beds. DH and I got a king size bed when we were there. So, if its just two of you, you can try to get a king room.

1st Trip- May 2009- CBR
2nd Trip- Sept 2010- POFQ- MNSSHP
3rd Trip-June 2012- Offsite condo.
4th Trip- possibly a solo??? TBD
MissManda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #19
carly chloe
DIS Veteran

We love CBR!!! We always have stayed in preferred. The resort is beautiful! If you like the carribbean then you will like this resort. They have soft carribbean music piped in around resort and fod court. The food court has never been packed when we were there and never had a problem with the buses. Pool is great and we find it a relaxing resort.
Old 03-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #20
sadi1104
Earning My Ears

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carly chloe View Post
We love CBR!!! We always have stayed in preferred. The resort is beautiful! If you like the carribbean then you will like this resort. They have soft carribbean music piped in around resort and fod court. The food court has never been packed when we were there and never had a problem with the buses. Pool is great and we find it a relaxing resort.
Thanks to everyone who gave me their in site on the CBR!!! I really appreciated reading all of y'all's opinion! I think we are going to give it a whirl and try it out. We really want to stay in the pirate rooms for some reason! So we shall see! When we go I will definitely let y'all know how it was!! Thank you once again!
sadi1104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #21
sadi1104
Earning My Ears

Are the pirate rooms in all the villages or are they just in a certain part of the resort? And the walk from a pirate room is far?
Old 03-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #22
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi1104
Are the pirate rooms in all the villages or are they just in a certain part of the resort? And the walk from a pirate room is far?
The Pirate rooms are all in Trinidad South. Trinidad South is the farthest village from OPR and the main pool. It's a 10 minute stroll from the farthest point of Trinidad South. And it's about 6 minutes from the closer rooms. It's a beautiful stroll by the way.

Last edited by dansdad; 03-12-2013 at 10:50 PM.
dansdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #23
sadi1104
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
The Pirate rooms are all in Trinidad South. Trinidad South is the farthest village from OPR and the main pool. It's a 10 minute stroll from the farthest point of Trinidad South. And it's about 6 minutes from the closer rooms. It's a beautiful stroll by the way.
That's not that bad! I think I have walked further at the AoA and POR!! lol thank you for letting me know! We are debating on a pirate room or just a reg. room!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:12 PM   #24
lstylr
Mouseketeer

Stayed there a couple months ago, didn't really care for it. Double beds instead of queens, buses took forever, really thin walls and ceilings, loud construction/maintenance/landscaping/something every morning. The grounds are pretty though and nice pool.
Old 03-12-2013, 11:41 PM   #25
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi1104 View Post
That's not that bad! I think I have walked further at the AoA and POR!! lol thank you for letting me know! We are debating on a pirate room or just a reg. room!
You're welcome. We have not stayed in the Pirate rooms ourselves. But during our trip in 2011, upon request of friends of ours that were going to be in a Pirate Room 2 weeks after we came home, we took a walk over to Trinidad South and timed both ways for them. It really is a beautiful stroll. We usually take 2 resort days during our stays and just love to walk around the lake.

I hope you enjoy CBR as much as we do. It is our favorite moderate. The laid back and relaxed atmosphere is such a nice change from the craziness of the parks. We have always had great bus service. Since every village has it's own bus stop, you are never far from one. The only time we ever had to stand on a bus was coming home from MK after wishes. And that was before we started hanging around on a bench people watching to let the mass of people leave.

Though it's been years since the last room refurb, we have always had a very clean room with no obvious signs of wear. We've always had great mousekeepers too. Have a great trip!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: