Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
Julia M
DIS Veteran
not clever, not witty, but loyal!

Orlando Outlets

I've been to Orlando a few times and never made it to the outlets. This time I can. Aren't there a couple of different malls? Is there one that is more "upscale"?

I m hoping to have a shopping day with my mom and daughter
August 2004:Vistana & Marriott's Grand Vista.....Hurricane Charley.....what an experience for West Coasters!
Christmas at Disneyworld, 2005: Polynesian
July 2008: Cypress Point Grand villas & Hilton Grand Vacation Club....sharing Disneyworld with friends
January 2010: Boardwalk Villas for a Disney wedding....
February 2010: Saratoga Springs...TWIRLMANIA!!
July 2010: Beach Club Villas & Marriott Imperial Palms
July 2013: a day in Orlando.....what to do????
Julia M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 03:09 AM   #2
jaybird1043
Earning My Ears

There is one on the far end of International Drive (wife likes more bc of Victoria's Secret) and one on Vineland (much more busy) , but basically the exact same stores
jaybird1043 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 08:47 AM   #3
jeff968
DIS Veteran

There are 3, one at the north end of i-drive, another at the lower end (premium outlets), and the lake bueana vista outlet on 535.

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
DOOM1001
DIS Veteran

There are two Orlando Premium outlets,International Drive location is at the north end of I-Drive just past Universal,the Vineland ave. location is closer to Disney and Sea World and the southern end of I-Drive.Both these locations look similar and have a lot of stores,the Vineland ave location will also be expanding as they bought the old Dixie Stampede location next door for more stores.I would just look at the stores at each mall to determine which one might have stores you prefer.There's also the smaller Lake Buena Vista factory stores outlet on 535 just a couple of minutes south of the Hotel Plaza blvd Disney entrance.The biggest outlet right now is the International Drive Orlando Premium outlet location,not all that much bigger than the Vineland location but bigger nonetheless.If you want something more upscale go to the Mall at Millenia at Conroy rd and I-4 just a couple of exits past Universal and the International Drive location of the outlets.It's a regular mall but with a pretty big collection of upscale stores,plus the whole area around the mall has tons of other stores and restaurants,even an IKEA.

Last edited by DOOM1001; 03-06-2013 at 09:20 AM.
DOOM1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #5
jeff968
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM1001 View Post
,the Vineland ave location will also be expanding as they bought the old Dixie Stampede location next door for more stores
I was just there and they are building an I-4 overpass to the palm parkway here. there may by some room for retail space but not that much, mostly road.

14 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD, MIL)
13, 12, 11 Hilton Parc Soleil (DW, DD with us, 2 in college)
10 Marriott Newport beach villas, California (DW, 3 kids)
09 Marriott Horizons (DW, 2 kids, MIL)
08 Marriott Cypress Harbor/Grand Vista (2 kids)
07 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
06 Marriott Imperial Palm (DW, 3 kids, MIL, cousin)
05 Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
04 Vistana Villages/Marriott Cypress Harbor (3 kids)
03 AKL/Orange Lake (3 kids)
02 HGVC Seaworld (3 kids)
01 Vistana Resort (3 kids)
00 Radisson Resort Pkwy (3 kids)
97 Radisson Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
95 Sheraton Resort Pkwy (2 kids)
93 Dixie Landings (2 kids)
92 Port Orleans (1 child)
86 Sheraton world (the wife & I)
73 Can't remember (M&D&B&S&GM)
jeff968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:11 AM   #6
westcoastgal
Mouseketeer

As a Canadian, I usually find that prices in the US are much lower than what we pay up here.For example, a jacket I bought for $800 (Burberry) was $420 in Buffalo. I was upset with myself to say the least. Would anyone say the outlet stores in Orlando are worth a visit? How much time would you allocate for one Outlet store and I checked the websites and it seems Vineyard and International Drive are pretty similar but someone said Vineyard is busier? Is that due to proximity to Disney? I don't mind driving a bit further if it's not as busy/better. I do think there are shuttles though from most resorts.
westcoastgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:59 PM   #7
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
As a Canadian, I usually find that prices in the US are much lower than what we pay up here.For example, a jacket I bought for $800 (Burberry) was $420 in Buffalo. I was upset with myself to say the least. Would anyone say the outlet stores in Orlando are worth a visit? How much time would you allocate for one Outlet store and I checked the websites and it seems Vineyard and International Drive are pretty similar but someone said Vineyard is busier? Is that due to proximity to Disney? I don't mind driving a bit further if it's not as busy/better. I do think there are shuttles though from most resorts.
For these Canadians the outlet malls are a must (so is a stop at Target). Our first visit to Premium was pretty much an all day affair (and I hate shopping!), but now we have our favorite stores and have carved it down to 3-4 hours. I usually spend at a ton at the Columbia outlet, and with Nike, Adidas and Reebok all vying for attention, the savings on sports shoes are great.

DOOM - was wondering what that construction was about. I just thought they were finally widening Vineland out to 4 lanes all the way through. An overpass to Palm Pkwy might actually resolve some congestion on 535. We were there two weeks ago and they are making good progress on the shells of the new stores (had no idea that they were connected to Premium). Not looking forward to the mall during the overpass construction, but it should be great when it is done.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th

bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM   #8
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Check out the websites for the mall stores. They have many of the same stores but not all.

Mostly I stick to Vineland (Vera Bradley is there and the rest of the stores I like I can find there as well, Prada,Coach,MichaelKors, Disney, etc) but sometimes I am looking for Northface and that means heading over to International Drive.

Here's a link:

http://www.premiumoutlets.com/centers/index.asp

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #9
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
For these Canadians the outlet malls are a must (so is a stop at Target). Our first visit to Premium was pretty much an all day affair (and I hate shopping!), but now we have our favorite stores and have carved it down to 3-4 hours. I usually spend at a ton at the Columbia outlet, and with Nike, Adidas and Reebok all vying for attention, the savings on sports shoes are great.
I will second this .

The Premium Outlets International Drive location also has an Under Armour outlet that is a must-do for our family.

And for Nike clothing, we always hit the Nike Clearance Store in Kissimmee. Located in a small strip plaza, it consistently has a huge selection of Nike clothes and shoes at unbelievably low prices (on our August trip, women's Nike t-shirts were $4.19). They also have a very broad selection of sizes, with tons to fit even my "big guy". We find the prices at this Nike Clearance Store to be much lower than the outlet stores found in the Premium Outlet malls.

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! **August 2014 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #10
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastgal View Post
I think they are equally busy. I always try for weekday visits. Weekends at either are crazy.

I will say this. If you drive, Don't be parking picky. Even the handicapped spaces are full most of the time. Just find the first space you can live with and park (narrow spaces as well). You'll just end up frustrating yourself if you go around looking for a 'good' space. Everyone in the lot is looking for space as well, they will race you to it then play chicken. Not worth it. I know this because I am usually a little more picky about where I park, but it just ends up being a hassle and since everyone else is also frustrated and just as determined to park as I was, I just had to learn to let it go.

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

bookgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #11
melissamacpherson78
Earning My Ears

Best way to get to the outlets from POR

Hello all,

Heading to Disney POR next week and thinking of heading off the resort to do some shopping. What's the best way to get to the outlets from Disney property? Is there a shuttle? I'd really like to go to Michael Kors and Coach before heading home!!!

Thanks!
melissamacpherson78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #12
disneyshan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissamacpherson78 View Post
Hello all,

Heading to Disney POR next week and thinking of heading off the resort to do some shopping. What's the best way to get to the outlets from Disney property? Is there a shuttle? I'd really like to go to Michael Kors and Coach before heading home!!!

Thanks!
No shuttle, but we always take the disney bus (or boat) to downtown Disney Westside adn grab a cab from there. It's between 8 and 12 $ each way and totally worth it!

February 2006 - Caribbean Beach Resort (first Disney Vacation at 27!); December 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort (5 months pregnant with DS); January 2011 - POP (Mom and Me trip) ; May 2011 - AsSP (DS's first steps on his first Disney Vacation at 13 months); January 2012 - POFQ (5 months pregnant with DS#2) Cancelled due to Illness Booo!; April 2013 - First Trip with two children! Offsite (Hilton Grand Vacations Seaworld); April 2014 - Split stay. AKL and Offsite (HGVS);
disneyshan is offline   Reply With Quote