Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 AM   #16
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjen View Post
For a day room at the Hyatt, you can call and reserve. That rate has never shown up online from what I have seen. We used a day room two years ago after our cruise and I was able to call and reserve it.

It is a very nice option to have. Much nicer than trying to entertain kids in the airport for 6-8 hours! The pool is small but nice and the service is awesome!
Thank you...I called and the rate for the date we need after our cruise is $99 for the day which I think is good. We are going to Disney before the cruise but our flight is @ 7:30 pm...I know there are many other options but since we aleady have a rental car I think th is is ths best option..off the boat & straight to MCO drop off rental..can we check into our flight that early so we can drop off our luggage and then head to the Hyatt with just our carryons?
cinmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:57 AM   #17
Julylady
DIS Veteran

We booked a day rate at the Hyatt after our cruise last June. We took Disney transfers to MCO. It worked out great. We spent the morning at the pool then had lunch in the fast food court. The kids really liked the fast food options after a week of cruise food (and so did I to be honest!). We watched movies for a while in the room, and then took a final swim. We showered and dressed leaving the room about 6pm for our 7:30pm flight. We picked up another round of fast food and ate it at the gate.

We agreed this was money very well spent!
Julylady is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

We're renting a car and heading to universal for the day--mostly to check out Harry Potter. I think our flight is 6:45, so it won't be a full day but we're okay with that. Kids super excited
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:29 PM   #19
sdjen
DIS Veteran

I am fairly sure that you cannot check your bags at the airline until 3-4 hours before your flight. You may have to search on your airlines website to confirm.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #20
cinmouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjen View Post
I am fairly sure that you cannot check your bags at the airline until 3-4 hours before your flight. You may have to search on your airlines website to confirm.
Thanks..just checked and it is 4 hours before....
cinmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #21
Whirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdjen
Does this also apply if you are using DCL transfers back to the MCO....we have a 3:30 flight, so not quite so long as the late evening flights, but will we have to deal with our bags and not be able to go and relax until flight time. If so, that defeats the whole purpose of the convenience of the DCL trasnsfer?
Whirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: