Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #646
tinkkkloveee13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmity View Post
Hi there. Has anyone visited the brewery itself? How did you get there? Their beer is served everywhere here in Interior Alaska and it's a household item. We would love to visit it if possible. I was joking with DH that he should run to it, tour it, drink it, then run back.
would love to know about this too!!
Jan 08- first trip as dvc 0wners!
Jan 09--my family the boys family!! ...12 ppl later!! disney here we come!! plus 1st HALF MARATHON!!! ahhh!! and CHEFS TABLE!!!
July 4th 10 - 4th of july with the mouse!!!
April 11 - 6 of us are headed to see the mouse!! :-)
Nov 12 - Wine and Dine 1/2 with the fam!
May 13 - FIRST DISNEY CRUISE! ALASKA HERE WE COME!!!
Nov 13 - wine and dine 1/2 for a second time!! love it!
tinkkkloveee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:25 AM   #647
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch1313 View Post
Perhaps I misunderstood. On our last cruise, men were welcomed to the Champagne Girls party if they agreed to wear a pink shirt. I thought that was the situation here. If not, I can tell him it's a girls only thing.
Oh, I didn’t mean to imply there was a rule against it. I wouldn’t know since I’ve never been to a Champaign Girls event. I just assumed from the title but it would seem I assumed wrong. If we work up to 24 people and need one more I’ll try to convince my father to join to push us over the edge. That pink shirt requirement might be a deal breaker for him though. Lol
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 10:49 AM   #648
CruisinNick
dcl addict.

Ship Berth Information

Hello all. I was interested in where the beautiful Wonder will be docking at during our time in Alaska.
Here is what I have found. Can add more information to this section at a later time if we need to.

Also, I found many links for webcams in Skagway and Ketchikan that I will post later here. I hope you all have found this information helpful!

Tracy Arm
Schedule: http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2013/TA_2013.pdf

Disney Wonder (12:00 - 18:00)

Other Ships Cruising:
Golden Princess (6:00-10:00)

Skagway
Schedule: http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2013/SKG_2013.pdf (Updated: 1/1/2013)
Town Map: http://haldeemar.kreateskards.com/wp...01/Skagway.jpg

Disney Wonder - (6:00 - 20:00) - Berth RRF

In 2011, the Wonder was berthed at Broadway Dock, which is in line with State Street, the "main drag" of Skagway.
This year, the schedules are showing that we are now at "RRF" (aka Railroad Front).

Other Ships in Port:
Golden Princess (6:00 - 17:00) - Berth RRA
Zaandam (7:00 - 20:30) - Berth BRD
Regatta (8:00 - 17:00) - Berth ORE

Juneau
Schedule: http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2013/JNU_2013.pdf (Updated: 1/4/2013)
Town Map: http://www.traveljuneau.com/download...wntown_big.jpg

Disney Wonder (6:00 - 17:00) – Berth AJD

Other Ships in Port:
Volendam (Holland America Line) (13:00 - 22:30)

Ketchikan
Schedule: http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2013/KTN_2013.pdf
Town Map: http://www.visit-ketchikan.com/Porta...owntownMap.jpg

Disney Wonder (12:00 - 20:00) - Berth 1

Other Ships in Port:
Silver Shadow (Silver Sea) (8:00-16:00) - Beth 3
Regatta (Oceania) (10:00 - 20:00) - Beth 4
Norwegian Sun (13:00 - 20:00) - Berth 2

castaway cay gold member
previous cruises:
nov 2010 -- 4 night bahamian on wonder
mar 2011 -- 3 night bahamian on dream
may 2011 -- 7 night alaskan on wonder
may 2012 -- 5 night bahamian on magic
may 2013 -- 7 night alaskan on wonder
CruisinNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:03 PM   #649
kt-scarlett
Migraines are stupid, throw rocks at them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiburple View Post
Thanks for the great info! I really hope they add Iron Man 3 as well.

Adding that the possible dining rotations are
APPLAPL
PLLAPLA
and
LAAPLAP

A= Animators; P = Parot Cay; L = Lumiers
As a first time cruiser, I am new to the idea of Disney's Dining Rotation. Is one rotation better than another? And why? I see folks talking about special meals (Signature Dinner??) and events (Animator's Show??) and don't know which rotation I could/should request. It's just me and DH, and one night I hope to score Palo reservations if there are any left at 75 days out. Thanks for any help offered!

HOTEL ROYAL PLAZA '86 CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT '92 DIXIE LANDINGS '97 WILDERNESS LODGE '97 OLD KEY WEST ‘98 SWOLPHIN '98,'00, ’01, ’03, ’04, ‘05 VILLAS AT WILDERNESS LODGE '01, ‘08, '11, '14 BEACH CLUB '02, '10 BOARDWALK INN ‘02 BEACH CLUB VILLAS '03 BOARDWALK VILLAS '99, ’00, ’02, ’03, ’04, ’05, ’06, ’07, '08, ‘10, '11, '12, '13, '14 POP '10, '12, POFQ '11 POR '11, '12 DCL WONDER TO ALASKA '13 VILLAS AT GRAND CALIFORNIAN '13 ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS '14
kt-scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:05 PM   #650
kt-scarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic3forme View Post
dinner rotations: (copied from last years cruises

APPTAPT
PTTAPTA
TAATPAP

A-Animators
P Parrot cay
T- Tritons
Sorry, still trying to figure out rotations. Am I reading it wrong or does the above listing of rotations have two of the three groups dining at Triton's on the 4th night?

HOTEL ROYAL PLAZA '86 CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT '92 DIXIE LANDINGS '97 WILDERNESS LODGE '97 OLD KEY WEST ‘98 SWOLPHIN '98,'00, ’01, ’03, ’04, ‘05 VILLAS AT WILDERNESS LODGE '01, ‘08, '11, '14 BEACH CLUB '02, '10 BOARDWALK INN ‘02 BEACH CLUB VILLAS '03 BOARDWALK VILLAS '99, ’00, ’02, ’03, ’04, ’05, ’06, ’07, '08, ‘10, '11, '12, '13, '14 POP '10, '12, POFQ '11 POR '11, '12 DCL WONDER TO ALASKA '13 VILLAS AT GRAND CALIFORNIAN '13 ANIMAL KINGDOM VILLAS '14
Old 03-06-2013, 03:35 PM   #651
NWmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinNick View Post
I called Disney Cruise Line during my lunch break.
Dress for Dining:
  • Monday: Casual
  • Tuesday: Formal (Golden Mickey's)
  • Wednesday: Casual
  • ThursdaY: Casual
  • Friday: Casual - Pixar Pals Party (Indoor, Atrium)
  • SaturdaY: Semi Formal
  • Sunday: Casual

Was told (already knew this) that they...
  • Take requests for dinning rotations, but make no guarantees.
  • Can link dining reservations to eat with another stateroom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kt-scarlett View Post
As a first time cruiser, I am new to the idea of Disney's Dining Rotation. Is one rotation better than another? And why? I see folks talking about special meals (Signature Dinner??) and events (Animator's Show??) and don't know which rotation I could/should request. It's just me and DH, and one night I hope to score Palo reservations if there are any left at 75 days out. Thanks for any help offered!
Let me try and make it easier to understand. It sounds more complicated than it is.

First, all the rotations will have the Animator's show, usually on the last time in that restaurant.

Basically, you rotate in one of 3 groups from restaurant to restaurant.
A- Animator's Palette
P- Parrot Cay
T- Triton's

You have to start in one of them, them you follow the same circle order like playing cards, everyone rotate in the same "direction" at the same pace.
Your rotation will be on your KTTW card along with your table number and life boat station.

Everyone will get to be in all the restaurants 2 times. Everyone will get to experience all the menus available and all the shows. Also all the shows in the main theatres no matter which seating you are on.

Since this is a 7 day that leaves one restaurant you eat at three times. That extra night works out as all the restaurants also have the same menus some nights.
It is just which room you sit in one extra time.

This year, Disney has you stay at the same restaurant on the 2nd and 3rd nights (the sea days)

The dining rotations are:
APPTAPT, PTTAPTA, or TAAPTAP
the restaurant you eat at on the last night is the restaurant you are scheduled for breakfast at on the last morning as well.

Signature Menus
Each MDR has one menu that is made specifically for the MDR. They make it 3 times, once for each rotation.
French Dinner is Triton's Signature Menu.

Some nights the restaurants all have the same menus at the same time. These can be:
Formal Night
Pixar night/Pirate night menu
Captain's Gala
Till We Meet Again

When you make a preference request- it can be for a server or a rotation.
If you have a favorite server and want them again- request that
If you have a favorite restaurant- request the rotation that goes there 3 times.

The only time any of this matters is if you decide to eat elsewhere, like Palo's of BBB instead of your MDR rotation. Then you miss whatever DCL had scheduled for you that night.

You can schedule Palo's however you like. Some do it on a certain night, like those that avoid Pirate's night.
Some go last night, some first night, some like Formal night as they have to dress up anyway.
Some a different night and they like dressing up more often.
There is no right or wrong to it. Just preference.

Just know you will get all the menus and all the shows available no matter which rotation you are on. Unless you opt to eat elsewhere.

My first cruise I stressed way too much over this. instead of just experiencing it and enjoying it, I was worried about missing something.

My second/third cruise I went with the flow. By relaxing I enjoyed myself more.

That being said, I did make a rotation request, but it is based on food allergies and my anniversary being May 27.

We planned to eat at Palo's for our anniversary. I also have food allergies that make the Parrot Cay Island Dinner menu challenging. so we requested the rotation that had Parrot Cay on my anniversary, hoping it would have me avoiding that particular menu.

P-casual
T-1st sea day Formal
T- 2nd Sea day Tracy Arm casual
A-Skagway casual
P-Juneau (Pixar night)
T-Ketchikan semi-formal
A-last sea day casual

Process of elimination- I avoid the Island menu I can't eat. Hoping they do Taste of Alaska on a different night. It used tobe on Ketchikan night as they stock up on the seafood in port.

Anyway, I hope that helped make it clearer and not more confusing.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #652
chiburple
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There isn’t an inherit better rotation. But some people might not want to miss a certain place on a given night. For example, if someone has a Palo reservation on the first night and they don’t want to miss the show at animator’s pallet (given on the rotational menu night) then they will not want the rotation that starts with animators pallet on the first day. Alternatively, some people like to have Tritons on the formal/semi-formal nights since it is the more upscale restaurant. In that case, they would choose the second rotation. I’ve also heard that some people want to get the rotation that gives them animators pallet on the pirate night (now Pixar night) because theoretically there’s a little extra theming there that night (this is rumor only, I’m not sure if it’s true or not). But all of this is just a matter of preference. You don't have to ask for a certain rotation if you don't care.

Hope this helps!
Old 03-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #653
dolphingirl47
I will post my goodies once I am back
I have always been too worried to use the pillowcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by megsablue View Post
I was thinking we can just put regular paper in the lanyard cardholder (I've done that before and it was fine). It's not ideal, as by the end of the trip it may get crumpled/torn, but would do for the trip I think One could always have 1 or 2 backups printed just in case.
I have to have a play around with this. After 9 cruises, there is no shortage of lanyards in this house.

Quote:
Oh, are men allowed to attend? Or perhaps I'm completely misreading the message...
If men are welcome I might be able to convince my father to join us just to push the tally up one more? I'm sure he couldn't be talked into wearing a tiara or pink though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitch1313 View Post
Perhaps I misunderstood. On our last cruise, men were welcomed to the Champagne Girls party if they agreed to wear a pink shirt. I thought that was the situation here. If not, I can tell him it's a girls only thing.
Whenever I have attended, it had been ladies only. However, I have seen some photos where men participated as well. I most certainly have no problem with this especially as it may well make the difference between us being able to have the event or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruisinNick View Post
Hello all. I was interested in where the beautiful Wonder will be docking at during our time in Alaska.
Here is what I have found. Can add more information to this section at a later time if we need to.

Also, I found many links for webcams in Skagway and Ketchikan that I will post later here. I hope you all have found this information helpful!

Tracy Arm
Schedule: http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2013/TA_2013.pdf

Disney Wonder (12:00 - 18:00)

Other Ships Cruising:
Golden Princess (6:00-10:00)

Skagway
Schedule: http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2013/SKG_2013.pdf (Updated: 1/1/2013)
Town Map: http://haldeemar.kreateskards.com/wp...01/Skagway.jpg

Disney Wonder - (6:00 - 20:00) - Berth RRF

In 2011, the Wonder was berthed at Broadway Dock, which is in line with State Street, the "main drag" of Skagway.
This year, the schedules are showing that we are now at "RRF" (aka Railroad Front).

Other Ships in Port:
Golden Princess (6:00 - 17:00) - Berth RRA
Zaandam (7:00 - 20:30) - Berth BRD
Regatta (8:00 - 17:00) - Berth ORE

Juneau
Schedule: http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2013/JNU_2013.pdf (Updated: 1/4/2013)
Town Map: http://www.traveljuneau.com/download...wntown_big.jpg

Disney Wonder (6:00 - 17:00) – Berth AJD

Other Ships in Port:
Volendam (Holland America Line) (13:00 - 22:30)

Ketchikan
Schedule: http://www.claalaska.com/pdf/2013/KTN_2013.pdf
Town Map: http://www.visit-ketchikan.com/Porta...owntownMap.jpg

Disney Wonder (12:00 - 20:00) - Berth 1

Other Ships in Port:
Silver Shadow (Silver Sea) (8:00-16:00) - Beth 3
Regatta (Oceania) (10:00 - 20:00) - Beth 4
Norwegian Sun (13:00 - 20:00) - Berth 2
Thanks for sharing the info.

Quote:
A lot of people like being in Triton's for formal night. Normally Parrot Cay is popular for Pirate Night, too, but we won't be having one of those.

Quote:
Sorry, still trying to figure out rotations. Am I reading it wrong or does the above listing of rotations have two of the three groups dining at Triton's on the 4th night?
One of them is incorrect. TAATPAP should be TAAPTAP

Corinna
dolphingirl47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #654
tinkkkloveee13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Oh, I didn’t mean to imply there was a rule against it. I wouldn’t know since I’ve never been to a Champaign Girls event. I just assumed from the title but it would seem I assumed wrong. If we work up to 24 people and need one more I’ll try to convince my father to join to push us over the edge. That pink shirt requirement might be a deal breaker for him though. Lol
I just signed me and DH up, he will for sure wear pink! hope this helps the number count!
Jan 08- first trip as dvc 0wners!
Jan 09--my family the boys family!! ...12 ppl later!! disney here we come!! plus 1st HALF MARATHON!!! ahhh!! and CHEFS TABLE!!!
July 4th 10 - 4th of july with the mouse!!!
April 11 - 6 of us are headed to see the mouse!! :-)
Nov 12 - Wine and Dine 1/2 with the fam!
May 13 - FIRST DISNEY CRUISE! ALASKA HERE WE COME!!!
Nov 13 - wine and dine 1/2 for a second time!! love it!
tinkkkloveee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #655
kt-scarlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
Let me try and make it easier to understand. It sounds more complicated than it is.

Anyway, I hope that helped make it clearer and not more confusing.
Wow! Thanks so much for the explanation and advice, NWmom, that was awesome. I really appreciate it!

Mary <MDR = Main Dining Room, right?>

Old 03-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #656
kt-scarlett

Quote:
There isn’t an inherit better rotation. But some people might not want to miss a certain place on a given night. For example, if someone has a Palo reservation on the first night and they don’t want to miss the show at animator’s pallet (given on the rotational menu night) then they will not want the rotation that starts with animators pallet on the first day. Alternatively, some people like to have Tritons on the formal/semi-formal nights since it is the more upscale restaurant. In that case, they would choose the second rotation. I’ve also heard that some people want to get the rotation that gives them animators pallet on the pirate night (now Pixar night) because theoretically there’s a little extra theming there that night (this is rumor only, I’m not sure if it’s true or not). But all of this is just a matter of preference. You don't have to ask for a certain rotation if you don't care.

Hope this helps!
It sure did chiburple, thanks!!!

Old 03-08-2013, 12:18 AM   #657
badell
Tink Wannabe

Champagne Girls Event

I just signed my DH up for the Champagne Girls Event. If we get enough people without him, he will bow out. But he's never been one to turn down a tasting event. We attend wine tastings every Friday.

Tomorrow is my birthday. We're going to our regular wine tasting followed by dinner at the restaurant attached to the wine shop. Been regulars there for about 10 years. It's a very neighborly place. We call it our "Cheers".

I will be wearing my tiara and drinking my signature cocktail, the Bethmopolitan, my version of the Cosmopolitan, which is very popular at the restaurant. It has been on the menu for 5 years. So at 6:30 p.m. Mountain Time, raise a glass and celebrate with me!
07/15/12 - 07/20/12 5-Night Canada/New England Coast Cruise on Disney Magic & 07/20/12 - 07/22/12 3-Night at WDW Yacht Club
12/12/09 - 12/19/09 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida on Disney Magic
10/27/07 - 11/03/07 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida on Disney Magic
01/06/01 - 01/13/01 7-Night Caribbean Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic
01/08/99 - 01/11/99 7-Night Vacation Pkg: 4-Night Resort and 3-Night Cruise Port Canaveral, Florida Disney Magic
badell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 07:07 PM   #658
NWmom
DIS Veteran

For anyone wondering- The weather in the Seattle area was absolutely beautiful today. Fantastic yellow thing was in the sky, the mountains look glorious with the snow on them.

The yellow crocuses has been up for a while, but the purple ones decided to show today. The daffodils and tulips are popping though the ground.

and best of all I had to take off my jacket because I was too hot!!!!!

Skye- who is feeling the spring in the air and looking forward to the Tulip Festival in a few more weeks!!!!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #659
Magic3forme
Grand Slam club members

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWmom View Post
For anyone wondering- The weather in the Seattle area was absolutely beautiful today. Fantastic yellow thing was in the sky, the mountains look glorious with the snow on them.

The yellow crocuses has been up for a while, but the purple ones decided to show today. The daffodils and tulips are popping though the ground.

and best of all I had to take off my jacket because I was too hot!!!!!

Skye- who is feeling the spring in the air and looking forward to the Tulip Festival in a few more weeks!!!!
I have a question about Seattle.... is it worth is to do dinner in the Space Needle??
Old 03-09-2013, 02:34 PM   #660
illustratedroomscape
Earning My Ears

Also wondering about Seattle & beyond, especially the Olympic Peninsula. We will fly in on Sat., most likely take Amtrak to Vancouver. After the cruise, we then plan on exploring Olympic National Park. We were in Seattle over 10 years ago w/out kids, but headed south to the Red Woods. Any suggestions?

Happy Birthday Beth!
illustratedroomscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: