Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 06:59 AM   #46
lmc318
I have dreams like you, no really! Just much less touchy-feely. They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny....
 
lmc318's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Philly burbs
Posts: 606

11 more days! Woohoo!!
__________________
-Lisa
Me DH DD(4)


lmc318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:52 AM   #47
nicole83
Mouseketeer
 
nicole83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fall River, MA
Posts: 100

9 more days!!! I can't believe how fast time is going by
__________________
nicole83 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #48
kimkarli
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bridge City, TX
Posts: 972

2 more days!!!!!
__________________


July 2006 DD6 & I ASMO,OKW,BWV
Dec. 2007 DD B-day Trip POR
Nov. 2010 Set Sail on the Wonder!!
March 2013 AoA
kimkarli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 AM   #49
Doryln
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimkarli
2 more days!!!!!
Same ))!!!
Doryln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 11:26 AM   #50
MellowD
Earning My Ears
 
MellowD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jersey shore
Posts: 2

I'm going with my mom and brother's family, staying at POR from the 10th to the 16th (first post hi )

This will be the first time going for everyone except my SIL, who hasnt been there since the 90s. Brother's fam use to live in SoCal and went to DL all the time, so they are familiar with fastpasses and disney magic. I went to DL for a day 5-6 years ago when visiting them. Soarin' (and waiting 2+ hrs) and being on IASW at midnight are my two biggest memories.

Mom has been planning this trip for AGES, and I love seeing her get excited for it! It's been fun researching everything and learning all about the resort and parks (must be the librarian in me). So excited it's finally only days away. It's been great having a co-worker who is an APH and goes multiple times a year. She's given me lots of great tips.

The biggest thing for me though is seeing my nephew (8) and my niece (who is celebrating a birthday while there, turning 6), they still live across country and I haven't seen them in 2 years. The only bummer is that because of a mandatory geology class trip, my brother won't arrive til wednesday, also my SIL and the kids won't be flying in til 10PM on sunday.

Our ADRs, which we booked way in advance:
M: Crystal Palace (D)
T: Hollywood & Vine (D, Fantasmic! Package and yeah I read the reviews )
W: Liberty Tree Tavern (L, just me and mom, my treat!), Cinderella's Royal Table (D)
TH: Garden Grill (D), me and mom seeing La Nouba (first time seeing a CdS show)
F: Mom and I have the kids for dinner at Boatwrights while the other two have a romantic dinner at Artist Point.

That first half day, mom and I will head over to MK and just take our time soaking it all in, probably eat at Columbia Harbor House. Also want to get there early for lunch at BOG on Monday as I'm worried lines for this place will be crazy. I'll also probably want all the food at the World Showcase, ALL OF IT! (that dole whip float with spiced rum is calling me). Oh yeah, we're also irish so def will be checking out Raglan Road.

Being this is our first trip I want to really just experience the parks with family I don't get to see very often and not worry so much about going on EVERY ride. Since there is a snow storm coming my way right now, being in 80 degree weather will be a bonus too
MellowD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #51
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran
 
GraceMonica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Maryland
Posts: 649

Quote:
Originally Posted by MellowD View Post
I'm going with my mom and brother's family, staying at POR from the 10th to the 16th (first post hi )

This will be the first time going for everyone except my SIL, who hasnt been there since the 90s. Brother's fam use to live in SoCal and went to DL all the time, so they are familiar with fastpasses and disney magic. I went to DL for a day 5-6 years ago when visiting them. Soarin' (and waiting 2+ hrs) and being on IASW at midnight are my two biggest memories.

Mom has been planning this trip for AGES, and I love seeing her get excited for it! It's been fun researching everything and learning all about the resort and parks (must be the librarian in me). So excited it's finally only days away. It's been great having a co-worker who is an APH and goes multiple times a year. She's given me lots of great tips.

The biggest thing for me though is seeing my nephew (8) and my niece (who is celebrating a birthday while there, turning 6), they still live across country and I haven't seen them in 2 years. The only bummer is that because of a mandatory geology class trip, my brother won't arrive til wednesday, also my SIL and the kids won't be flying in til 10PM on sunday.

Our ADRs, which we booked way in advance:
M: Crystal Palace (D)
T: Hollywood & Vine (D, Fantasmic! Package and yeah I read the reviews )
W: Liberty Tree Tavern (L, just me and mom, my treat!), Cinderella's Royal Table (D)
TH: Garden Grill (D), me and mom seeing La Nouba (first time seeing a CdS show)
F: Mom and I have the kids for dinner at Boatwrights while the other two have a romantic dinner at Artist Point.

That first half day, mom and I will head over to MK and just take our time soaking it all in, probably eat at Columbia Harbor House. Also want to get there early for lunch at BOG on Monday as I'm worried lines for this place will be crazy. I'll also probably want all the food at the World Showcase, ALL OF IT! (that dole whip float with spiced rum is calling me). Oh yeah, we're also irish so def will be checking out Raglan Road.

Being this is our first trip I want to really just experience the parks with family I don't get to see very often and not worry so much about going on EVERY ride. Since there is a snow storm coming my way right now, being in 80 degree weather will be a bonus too
First off, I want to welcome you to the boards!

Your trip sounds like it'll be wonderful! I went to Disney over christmas/new years and we checked out BOG and DON'T let the line discourage you! On our first MK day, my brother and his girlfriend skipped BOG because a cast member told them that the wait would be 2 hours. WELL they lied. The second day we went back, we waited in a longer line...and it only took about 20 minutes. Just remember to be patient and soak up your surroundings while waiting.

I hope you have a magical trip! and maybe we'll cross paths because I'll be at POR the 15th and the 16th!
__________________
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:11 PM   #52
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,981

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole83 View Post
9 more days!!! I can't believe how fast time is going by
9 days for me too. I am so ready to go.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:30 PM   #53
MellowD
Earning My Ears
 
MellowD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Jersey shore
Posts: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
First off, I want to welcome you to the boards!

Your trip sounds like it'll be wonderful! I went to Disney over christmas/new years and we checked out BOG and DON'T let the line discourage you! On our first MK day, my brother and his girlfriend skipped BOG because a cast member told them that the wait would be 2 hours. WELL they lied. The second day we went back, we waited in a longer line...and it only took about 20 minutes. Just remember to be patient and soak up your surroundings while waiting.

I hope you have a magical trip! and maybe we'll cross paths because I'll be at POR the 15th and the 16th!
Oh thank you! Being that SIL and the kids get in so late Sunday, I'm unsure how early of a start they will want on Monday. If Monday doesn't work out for BOG we can also try again on Friday.

Hope you enjoy your trip as well!
PO looks like a lovely resort, it came highly recommended.
MellowD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #54
taylor3297
DIS Veteran
 
taylor3297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 3,981

Well has anyone come and gone yet? If so tell us about your trip. I leave on Saturday and am so ready for it.
__________________
taylor3297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:31 PM   #55
fynook12
Mouseketeer
 
fynook12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 173

March 17th-22nd!! POR..

Very excited. Only 3 days to go til i'm at the world!! Hope all the March mouseketeers have great vaca's!!!!
__________________
Jennifer(DW) , Ray(DH) , Sara (DD) , Benjamin (DS) , Christian (DS)

WDW Wedding....3-27-06
SEABREEZE POINT/ARIEL'S/ ILL DP UK LOWER
fynook12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.