Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 10:03 PM   #421
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom
I'm Baaaack!
How's the weather?!

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 03-05-2013, 10:11 PM   #422
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Sunkin Treasure recipe

1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu coconut rum
1 shot Blue Curacao
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
sprite/7 up to fill the glass

Dress with pineapple slice, cherry and a little paper umbrella if ya got one!
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM   #423
catho72
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sunkin Treasure recipe

1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu coconut rum
1 shot Blue Curacao
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
sprite/7 up to fill the glass

Dress with pineapple slice, cherry and a little paper umbrella if ya got one!
Do you know what I just realized.....the only ingredient I don't have in my pantry is Midori! I love a Blue Hawaiian, which is Malibu, pineapple juice and blue curaçao. Woo hoo! That's what I should have drank while watching 11 inches of snow fall today.......

2/02 Holiday Inn (now Nick Hotel) 2/08 POR 9/08 POR 6/09 Regal Sun/Windsor Hills 7/10 Windsor Hills 7/11 Windsor Hills/AKL/BLT 7/12 Beach Club/AKL 7/13 BC CL 2/14 POP/SSR for PHM weekend 6/14 POR/BC CL/AoA split stay

Old 03-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #424
Ninja Mom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicalmoments4 View Post
How's the weather?!
The weather was.... shall I say, interesting. It was warm when we got there, 80 degrees and partly cloudy/partly sunny then completely cloudy at night. Then on Tuesday we had severe thunderstorm warnings with gale force winds which, thankfully, never materialized over WDW. Then on Wednesday and Thursday it was wonderful... sunny and pleasant with low humidity.

THEN it got cold (for Florida). Sunny and a high of 60 degrees on Friday and then cold, cloudy and W I N D Y on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday there were small (tiny really) white cap waves on the lake at the World Showcase. THAT was different.......

What I learned from all of this is that all weather is local.... and the forecast you get on TV and on the internet/phones is NOT. We spent Tuesday waiting for the weather Apocalypse to descend upon us and it never arrived. We should have gone to the parks!

When they talk about the weather in Orlando they mean a large swath that goes coast to coast and is about 1/5 the length of Florida. I'm sure a weather Apocalypse happened somewhere but not in WDW.

I am not going to pay any attention to the forecast and I'm just going to go to the parks and deal with it there.

This concludes your WDW weather lesson for the day.

~NM
PS. It was hysterical watching the Floridians turn blue when it hit 60. I saw people wearing full length puffy down coats that looked like they were encased in sleeping bags. This was right next to some Canadians wearing speedos and working on their tans.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #425
magicalmoments4
Mouseketeer

Quote:

The weather was.... shall I say, interesting. It was warm when we got there, 80 degrees and partly cloudy/partly sunny then completely cloudy at night. Then on Tuesday we had severe thunderstorm warnings with gale force winds which, thankfully, never materialized over WDW. Then on Wednesday and Thursday it was wonderful... sunny and pleasant with low humidity.

THEN it got cold (for Florida). Sunny and a high of 60 degrees on Friday and then cold, cloudy and W I N D Y on Saturday and Sunday. On Saturday there were small (tiny really) white cap waves on the lake at the World Showcase. THAT was different.......

What I learned from all of this is that all weather is local.... and the forecast you get on TV and on the internet/phones is NOT. We spent Tuesday waiting for the weather Apocalypse to descend upon us and it never arrived. We should have gone to the parks!

When they talk about the weather in Orlando they mean a large swath that goes coast to coast and is about 1/5 the length of Florida. I'm sure a weather Apocalypse happened somewhere but not in WDW.

I am not going to pay any attention to the forecast and I'm just going to go to the parks and deal with it there.

This concludes your WDW weather lesson for the day.

~NM
PS. It was hysterical watching the Floridians turn blue when it hit 60. I saw people wearing full length puffy down coats that looked like they were encased in sleeping bags. This was right next to some Canadians wearing speedos and working on their tans.
Love it!!! It was 35 degrees today here and my DS (10) was wearing shorts when I picked him up from school!!! This is also the same DS who when we were in Disney (Dec 2010) and it got down to freezing the first few nights, failed to pack the jeans I laid out for him. He would not let me buy him a pair of sweatpants, it was Florida and he was going to wear shorts!!!

Thanks for the recipe again!!! I will print and laminate!!! Wonder if I could get a DiSigner to create a drink card with the BC logo

Beach Club: December 2007

Beach Club: December 2010

POR: December 2013
Old 03-05-2013, 10:52 PM   #426
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

I leave for Disney on Thursday and it's supposed to snow! I'm getting very nervous at this point and I'm praying that its all hype and we'll get nothing but rain! Sunday I'll be newly 21 and at the beach club. I've been waiting for this for so long!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:59 PM   #427
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlupin View Post
Oh! I forgot to mention that for the few 4 days we were there Johnny Galecki (Leonard from Big Bang Theory) was staying right down the hall from us at BC CL!!!! Live with Kelly and Michael was filming at the MK and he was a guest one of the days. I saw him in the halls and the club a few times.
That's so cool!

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 03-06-2013, 05:21 AM   #428
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
I leave for Disney on Thursday and it's supposed to snow! I'm getting very nervous at this point and I'm praying that its all hype and we'll get nothing but rain! Sunday I'll be newly 21 and at the beach club. I've been waiting for this for so long!
Have a great time! I think you'll be ok - it looks like TODAY is the day we are getting slammed with this mess of white stuff - perfect timing for you to run out of here to Florida! If you are flying I would call the airline and make sure you are confirmed with a seat because a lot of people are being rebooked due to today's nightmare. Happy Birthday!!!

[/url]
Old 03-06-2013, 05:23 AM   #429
ALMinVA
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mom View Post
Oops.... Here's a BIGGER one since y'all are so thirsty!

Love it!! its funny how sometimes when I order it, it comes more blue than green but I've never turned one down or back!

[/url]
Old 03-06-2013, 06:19 AM   #430
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA

Have a great time! I think you'll be ok - it looks like TODAY is the day we are getting slammed with this mess of white stuff - perfect timing for you to run out of here to Florida! If you are flying I would call the airline and make sure you are confirmed with a seat because a lot of people are being rebooked due to today's nightmare. Happy Birthday!!!
Thank you! Its birthday week here at my house (four birthdays in one week!) And this is the first year (in 23 years) my sister and brother will not be spending it together....because I'm taking her with me! Hahaha! We're driving down so if anything the drive will be longer than 15 hours...which I can handle because last week I spent 36 hours driving from Texas to Maryland.

Today will be my day of relaxation. I'll be painting my nails and just making final packing checks.

It hasn't really hit me yet that by the end of the week I'll be in disney! Ahh!
Old 03-06-2013, 06:23 AM   #431
jemh628
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica

Thank you! Its birthday week here at my house (four birthdays in one week!) And this is the first year (in 23 years) my sister and brother will not be spending it together....because I'm taking her with me! Hahaha! We're driving down so if anything the drive will be longer than 15 hours...which I can handle because last week I spent 36 hours driving from Texas to Maryland.

Today will be my day of relaxation. I'll be painting my nails and just making final packing checks.

It hasn't really hit me yet that by the end of the week I'll be in disney! Ahh!
Happy Birthday to all! We are north of you in PA staring at lots of heavy white stuff, so I will love vicariously through you and the rest of the lucky dogs headed down in the next couple of days.
Old 03-06-2013, 08:37 AM   #432
Angeejoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
GraceMonica! That's so cool to turn 21 at WDW! Have a wonderful time !

11/2001- Honeymoon- CBR, 3/2011- BC, 2/2012- POP (Arrival Night)/YC, 5/2013- POP w/ Aunt, 10/2013-AMSU (Arrival Night)/BC/AKL (Bonus Departure Night!!), 12/2013- WL w/ Sister & Nephew
Old 03-06-2013, 08:56 AM   #433
pamkat1820
Mouseketeer

Dee

Would u mind listing the other threads that you are involved in. I would like to subscribe to them. There is so much useful information here I want to make sure I'm not missing out on anything else. (I'm a member of over planer anonymous)

Thanks so much !!!

Me, DH, DD8, DS4

AKL May 2009, POR RR 2012, YC CL August 2013, August 2015???
Old 03-06-2013, 10:22 AM   #434
DancinDaisyDuck
Nothing left for me to do but dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
Thanks for this...I didn't know if I had to channel my inner evil twin in order to stay there.

Old 03-06-2013, 10:38 AM   #435
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemh628 View Post
Happy Birthday to all! We are north of you in PA staring at lots of heavy white stuff, so I will love vicariously through you and the rest of the lucky dogs headed down in the next couple of days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeejoe View Post
GraceMonica! That's so cool to turn 21 at WDW! Have a wonderful time !
Thank you!

So I am NO longer worried about the snow. Its been snowing and raining off and on. Its not sticking to the ground and its supposed to be about 45 degrees tomorrow when we leave. First stop POP and then Sunday BC! Today, we got a phone call...caller ID said DISNEY. I was nervous that they were going to move us! Turns out, they double booked our POR room and it said we had TWO rooms instead of one. LOL I'm so excited to get away from this horrible weather and celebrate in a magical way!

Painted my nails a pretty pink and next I'll go over my packing list! This is my first time on site...first time NOT staying in a rental house...Its going to be so different!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: