Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
AuroraRora
Princess

Can you change a bounceback booking later?

Quick question - if a person books a future trip while at a resort using a bounceback offer, and then later their plans change, can you change the dates? Or would they only honor the specific dates you booked while actually at the resort, and making any changes from home would result in losing the bounceback discount?

I'm here now and I know I was to come back in Oct/Nov but I can't be sure of my dates yet this far in advance.

Thanks!!
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 AM   #2
dansdad
DIS Veteran

As long as your new dates still fall within the original bounceback offer dates, they will honor it.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #3
jemmouse
DIS Veteran

What are the dates for the Bounceback? We will be there in April and am curious...Thanks
Old 03-06-2013, 12:20 AM   #4
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemmouse View Post
What are the dates for the Bounceback? We will be there in April and am curious...Thanks
You'll most likely have to wait until you get there. Bouncebacks are not always offered and they change monthly.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:05 AM   #5
tpoo
Earning My Ears

I was able to change mine 3 times. The dates fell within the time frame and they honored the discount
tpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

I was there last week. The info on "bounceback" was included in the packet I received at check-in. I didn't realize it was in there until a friend who had been there in January told me it was inside the booklet in the packet. I called on my check-out day and booked 5 nts. at CBR and when I got back home and looked at the calendar, I changed to a different 5 nts. at CSR. I brought the date info home with me so I could make changes as needed and know what dates are available.

The only thing I would worry about if I want to make another change is whether or not there are rooms left with the rate special for the resort/dates I am interested in.

Last edited by IMGONNABE40!; 03-06-2013 at 07:01 AM.
IMGONNABE40! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #7
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

As the pp said, as long as the new dates fall within the BB dates (and the resort you want for the new dates is available under the BB), it shouldn't be a problem. If you need to change dates after you return home and a regular reservation CM says it can't be done or can't check availability, ask to speak to someone in guest services and they should be able to help you.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
AuroraRora
Princess

Perfect- thanks so much!!

Jemmouse, I just went to go get the flyer out my bag, but I can't find it anywhere. We switched rooms this morning and I must have left it in thenold room. I'll pick up another at the front desk and post the dates
July '12 - POFQ 10 days
March 2013 ASMu 5 days ......May 2013 POP 8 days...... October 2013 POP 10 days *
AuroraRora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
You'll most likely have to wait until you get there. Bouncebacks are not always offered and they change monthly.
In April it will almost certainly be the same bounceback. This one usually runs until August(ish) or so

I'd love the dates too

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:50 PM   #10
haPevraftr
DIS Veteran

If I book a bounceback offer when I am there, I know I can adjust the dates (if within the dates offered), but can I change the resort? Right now, We are still trying to figure out whether it is worth the cost of the additional plane tickets for us to bring the kids when we return in Sept. DH has a conference and if the kids go we will stay value and pay for their plane tickets (if they are a good deal). If we can't get a good deal on plane tickets and don't take the kids, I would rather stay in a mod. I am not sure that we will know what we are doing by the time we go in April and that is why I am wondering about the ability to switch resorts after the bounceback offer has already been booked.
Visited WDW many times as a child; Engagement trip OKW '01 ; Disneyland '04 and '05; Off-site '06 and '07 ; Pop Century '08 ; POFQ '09 ; ASMo '10 ; CSR '11 ; AKL/SVR '12 ;NYE '12-'13 WBC Easter '13, SLR/CBR ;Thanksgiving '13, VVP; April '14, WBC
haPevraftr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
Annie78
Mouseketeer

Can you book multiple BB stays? I know you can change it later if there is still availability, but if I have two possible trip dates in mind, can I go ahead and book both? (and cancel one later) In exchange Disney gets to borrow my extra deposit money interest-free...
Annie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
MMS1125
"You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie78 View Post
Can you book multiple BB stays? I know you can change it later if there is still availability, but if I have two possible trip dates in mind, can I go ahead and book both? (and cancel one later) In exchange Disney gets to borrow my extra deposit money interest-free...
each adult 18+ can book a bounceback. So if there's 2 adults in a room you can each book one then just cancel the one you don't want

MMS1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 10:23 PM   #13
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by haPevraftr View Post
If I book a bounceback offer when I am there, I know I can adjust the dates (if within the dates offered), but can I change the resort?
Maybe. As long as the resort you want to change to was included in the bounce back offer and there is availability.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: