Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #1
collegejunkie
DIS Veteran

things to do at the hotels? movies, campfires, everything

i'm looking for things to do at the hotels. i know some of them screen movies outside, though i don't know which ones and i don't know where to find a schedule, so if there's a link, that'd be appreciated.

i've heard of a campfire at fort wilderness, i believe. was there also a fire at animal kingdom lodge or kidani village?

basically just some fun, relaxing things to do at night or during the day for when we're not in the parks.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #2
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

I am pretty sure most (if not all) the Disney Resorts have activities/movies etc. I don't think there is a general list. If you are looking for info at a specific resort, your best bet is to take visit that resorts thread here.
I know AKL has tons of activities - crafts, pool parties, nightly movies, cookie decorating, night vision animal viewing...etc.
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #3
collegejunkie
DIS Veteran

you don't have to be staying at a specific resort for the activities, right? i watched cinderella at the grand floridian last year because we walked by everyone sitting outside after our dinner
Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

You do not need to be a resort guest to enjoy the activities.
I am sure many folks have specific ideas for their favorite resort..Mine is AKL.
I highly recommend checking it out! The resort is amazing - You could head over and have an early dinner at the Mara (or BOMA) and check out the various animal viewing areas. If you are there at night they have night time animal viewing at an area near the pool. Just ask a CM and they will direct you to the area. They also have nightly movies near the flamingo area behind the pool. The lobby is amazing..tons of intersting art to check out. They have an outdoor firepit with rocking chairs...are beautiful bar area above BOMA, lots of animal viewing areas around the resort and a fabulous gift shop.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:31 AM   #5
collegejunkie
DIS Veteran

okay! thanks for the info. we stayed at kidani in 2011 and really liked it, but didn't have much time to do things after the parks.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: