Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 05:05 PM   #1846
SamiL
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
Thanks for the quick response...suppose we could get ice in our water bottles from the food court before heading out for the day...or just buy a cold water in the parks when we need one
You probably already know this, but just in case:
You can get a cup of ice water at no charge from any counter service restaurant. It seems to be filtered, and taste good to me. And I'm pretty picky about water!

We also appreciate not having to carry around extra stuff. We carry around enough as it is!
Old 03-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #1847
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
sorry seen your trip countdown, i have not seen advertisement for free dining, we are going the first week in Oct and was hopeing for free dinning
We booked the bounceback offer for FD before we left last year. No GP offer this year yet. We have booked Bb the last couple of years. Saves me from the anxiety of hoping for it.

Many Trips the past 6 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 8 and DD 6
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 PM   #1848
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
JanetB, you will be interested to know that we are staying at Pop for one night next month. Mark has a business trip and we get to play in Disney for a day. I didn't want to spend a lot of money since his company is paying for it and Pop was our cheapest option.
Hi Kathy it's great to "see" you on the Pop thread! Well, happy Pop won out on your choices, however it was derived! Have (or will you) make a request? Assume you booked a standard room...we love the lake view rooms...do you have a favorite decade? We personally love the 60s, and 50s...the 60s is the closest to the bridge to AoA, if you would like to check out that resort too...Hope you get a chance to walk the grounds at POP, and be sure to check out the memorabilia in the lobby... it's a nice trip down memory lane..

Check out the Grooviest FAQ thread here: Pop Century FAQ Thread

TY Kook!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:08 PM   #1849
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
Hi Kathy it's great to "see" you on the Pop thread! Well, happy Pop won out on your choices, however it was derived! Have (or will you) make a request? Assume you booked a standard room...we love the lake view rooms...do you have a favorite decade? We personally love the 60s, and 50s...the 60s is the closest to the bridge to AoA, if you would like to check out that resort too...Hope you get a chance to walk the grounds at POP, and be sure to check out the memorabilia in the lobby... it's a nice trip down memory lane..
I'm not making any requests...it's just a place to put our heads to sleep for the night. We arrive late on a Sunday afternoon, we have dinner at Yachtsman at 7 p.m. We will then head back to the resort to sleep; we get up Monday morning for breakfast at Boma and then go to Epcot for F&G. We have to leave by 3:30 to drive to Daytona Beach for a meeting with a customer.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:09 PM   #1850
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by penni520 View Post
Like the buses do they share with AOA? Is the new TV and stand smaller then the big intertaiment center (misspelled) I will be in a wheel chair and when I was there last time the table and chairs was a problem for me every night to plug up the scooter. Do you think I should put in a request to remove the table and 2 chairs.
Pop and AoA are not sharing buses. But I do see some people say they may take one bus or the other if they manage to catch one first, and then walk across.

The new TV stand/bureau is a smaller than the previous furniture. That also means you have less storage space, plus that is also where the new refrigerators are located. But the footprint in the room is somewhat smaller than the old bulkier units.

Also new in the rooms are the privacy curtains for the sink area. If you were there earlier in 2010, the curtains were added during the 2010 room rehabs.

Pop also has free wifi like most/all the Disney resorts do now.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 2 | DCL: 2
Next: Aug 2014 DLR
Old 03-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #1851
penni520
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post
Pop and AoA are not sharing buses. But I do see some people say they may take one bus or the other if they manage to catch one first, and then walk across.

The new TV stand/bureau is a smaller than the previous furniture. That also means you have less storage space, plus that is also where the new refrigerators are located. But the footprint in the room is somewhat smaller than the old bulkier units.

Also new in the rooms are the privacy curtains for the sink area. If you were there earlier in 2010, the curtains were added during the 2010 room rehabs.

Thank you so much

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
Old 03-05-2013, 09:52 PM   #1852
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

It's officially official! Although I booked this trip back in December, I broke the news to DH just the other day. Due to a job change, he does not have enough vacation days built up to take a week long trip. So, I am taking DD 19, DD17, and DS 10 to Disney this summer.

This needs to be a budget trip, so we're staying at POP! for the first time. I'm sure I'll be stopping by to ask plenty of questions in the next couple of months.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 03-05-2013, 11:00 PM   #1853
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm not making any requests...it's just a place to put our heads to sleep for the night. We arrive late on a Sunday afternoon, we have dinner at Yachtsman at 7 p.m. We will then head back to the resort to sleep; we get up Monday morning for breakfast at Boma and then go to Epcot for F&G. We have to leave by 3:30 to drive to Daytona Beach for a meeting with a customer.
Okay! It's all good. Well your plans sound great...you seem to be making the most of your Disney time. My sis loved eating at the Yachtsman last year. Enjoy F&G!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
It's officially official! Although I booked this trip back in December, I broke the news to DH just the other day. Due to a job change, he does not have enough vacation days built up to take a week long trip. So, I am taking DD 19, DD17, and DS 10 to Disney this summer.

This needs to be a budget trip, so we're staying at POP! for the first time. I'm sure I'll be stopping by to ask plenty of questions in the next couple of months.
Nice to "see" you here (remember you from the RC thread ) Any questions you have, fire away! Lots of knowledge POPers here.

TY Kook!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 PM   #1854
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadd67 View Post
sorry seen your trip countdown, i have not seen advertisement for free dining, we are going the first week in Oct and was hopeing for free dinning
Quote:
Originally Posted by KELLY View Post
We booked the bounceback offer for FD before we left last year. No GP offer this year yet. We have booked Bb the last couple of years. Saves me from the anxiety of hoping for it.
seadd67...like Kelly, we booked the FD BB last year for this August. FYI, the BB dates were 8/18 to 9/26...historically FD skips the first week of October, and if it follows this same path, do not think your dates will be covered by a FD promo

TY Kook!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #1855
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hello everyone as you can see I am going back to the Pop again this December. I am so excited since the last time I was there was the summer on 2010.
I understand about some of the new stuff...Can anyone tell me about anything else is new. Like the buses do they share with AOA? Is the new TV and stand smaller then the big intertaiment center (misspelled) I will be in a wheel chair and when I was there last time the table and chairs was a problem for me every night to plug up the scooter. Do you think I should put in a request to remove the table and 2 chairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

penni520! Looks like jcarwash has covered the bases (as usual )...just to add, a flat screen TV was added, also wall hooks which are a nice plus, with the reduced drawer space...

Will you request an HA room?? (did you have one last time?) With a king bed you will gain additional floor space over 2 doubles... might be easier and still keep the table/chairs.

TY Kook!
Old 03-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #1856
Gibbygirl
why am I here when I should be there?

DD9 & I are going in July for our first mother/daughter trip & first time at POP We booked preferred--have never paid for a preferred room on previous family trips but we've gotten spoiled with getting right next to the preferred bldgs (at CBR & CSR0 and then once (at ASMU-our first family trip) we were about as far away from the food court/buses as we could be. So, not wanting to chance that again, we're paying the extra for a closer room. At ASMU we were on the 2nd floor & all DH remembers is the noise coming from above & below us. I don't remember it but will admit to being a little overwhelmed the whole trip At CBR we were assigned a 1st floor room & really liked it. We requested & got 1st floor at CSR. So my question is: we prefer 1st floor & if I request it (I know it's just a request) will it be crazy noisy from all the floors above us? I know we're going to a family oriented value so not looking for silence. Any thoughts on which bldg/area to request? Really looking forward to our time at POP + checking out AoA!
Old 03-06-2013, 08:18 AM   #1857
penni520
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet B View Post
penni520! Looks like jcarwash has covered the bases (as usual )...just to add, a flat screen TV was added, also wall hooks which are a nice plus, with the reduced drawer space...

Will you request an HA room?? (did you have one last time?) With a king bed you will gain additional floor space over 2 doubles... might be easier and still keep the table/chairs.
No I did't, I have never had a king size bed but I just might do that this year. I am hoping for 50's #3 ground level facing the lake....Maybe they will have some king size beds over there,

Off property - 1972,1988 & 2010. Pop Century 2008, 2009 &2015
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #1858
Janet B
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbygirl View Post
DD9 & I are going in July for our first mother/daughter trip & first time at POP We booked preferred--have never paid for a preferred room on previous family trips but we've gotten spoiled with getting right next to the preferred bldgs (at CBR & CSR0 and then once (at ASMU-our first family trip) we were about as far away from the food court/buses as we could be. So, not wanting to chance that again, we're paying the extra for a closer room. At ASMU we were on the 2nd floor & all DH remembers is the noise coming from above & below us. I don't remember it but will admit to being a little overwhelmed the whole trip At CBR we were assigned a 1st floor room & really liked it. We requested & got 1st floor at CSR. So my question is: we prefer 1st floor & if I request it (I know it's just a request) will it be crazy noisy from all the floors above us? I know we're going to a family oriented value so not looking for silence. Any thoughts on which bldg/area to request? Really looking forward to our time at POP + checking out AoA!
Preferred areas are located in the 50s, 60s, and 60s areas...refer to the Pop map, which highlights those areas for you..

Upper floors are generally quieter, but it doesn't mean it will be crazy noisy on the first floor... many people like yourselves are happy at ground level.

Suggest you show your daughter the map and find out if she have any preferences. She may like the lady/tramp icons in the 50s or the playdoh / junglebook Icons by the feature pool. Or a sports icons in the 70s. POP is generally considered a fairly compact resort due to the half circular bldg design layout. Depending on your room assignment it is possible to get a standard room that is considered closer to Classic Hall, *however*, you have more of a guaranteee with a booking in the preferred category. We like the 50s or 60s .. we book standard and request lake views. The 50s and 60s each have a pool, the 70s does not but is convenient to the Hippy Dippy Pool (60s) or the Computer pool (80s/9os pool).

The 60s areas is directly opposite the bridge to AoA.

Quote:
No I did't, I have never had a king size bed but I just might do that this year. I am hoping for 50's #3 ground level facing the lake....Maybe they will have some king size beds over there,
Yes...for this area, book a HA standard room, bldg 3, ground floor, lakeview.

TY Kook!
Old 03-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #1859
Poohbug
Sherlocked

Just booked Pop for four nights in May. So excited to see the Flower & Garden Festival. It was our 20th anniversary last year but the celebration trip did not work out, so we are celebrating with this trip.

We already made the reservations, can we still make room requests?
Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #1860
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohbug
Just booked Pop for four nights in May. So excited to see the Flower & Garden Festival. It was our 20th anniversary last year but the celebration trip did not work out, so we are celebrating with this trip.

We already made the reservations, can we still make room requests?
You certainly can! Just call back and add them on.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: