Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #16
nkereina
Wendy Darling

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanaJohn View Post
I'll limit my comments to the bus situation. We stayed at POFQ and loved being able to get on the bus first before those getting on at POR. No problems finding a seat! From what I've heard most resort buses stop at another resort before heading to one of the parks. At night on the way back to the resort once again we always stopped at POFQ first. Late at night the last thing I want is to make several stops at other resorts before I get to my stop. I'm tired....I'm cranky and I want to get to the bar and have a late night beer!
FWIW, we stayed at POR in September which is a slow time of year and the only times we shared buses with POFQ was in the afternoon when the bus was mostly empty anyway. I don't know how often they share, but it wasn't much in September.

The bus situation was actually one of my gripes with POFQ. Since there is only one bus stop, it got crowded. When a bus pulled up, everyone rushed to the entrance. No one cared who was ther first, etc. There were no set lines like at the values. I didn't encounter this at POR, likely because there were more bus stops.
nkereina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
NateTiff
Earning My Ears

Pofq

I've stayed twice at POFQ with my husband and we love it there. The main reason is the size of the resort. After walking over to POR, we were so glad we didn't stay there. Too big for our taste.
NateTiff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 05:09 PM   #18
melissarose
Mouseketeer

I vote POR. My boyfriend and I (we're 25) just came back from there last month and it was amazing. POFQ is really beautiful too and I would consider staying there in the future, but I just loved POR and I really love the Alligator Bayou rooms, more so than the other rooms at POR and the rooms at POFQ. Also, the pool at POFQ did seem more oriented towards kids.
melissarose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:16 PM   #19
clapton
Mouseketeer

Definitely POR, beautiful grounds, nice pool, good food court and great atmosphere.
clapton is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: