Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 12:05 PM   #2836
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynFH View Post
Somewhere, just in the last month or so, I found a simple diagram of BWV Boardwalk-view room locations. It's a diagram, not a photo, presented as if you're looking at BWV from the lake, and shows boxes stacked up to represent the various rooms. The room types are color-coded to show what kind of room each one is e.g. dedicated studio is one color, lockoff studio is another color, etc. and the room number is also shown.

I want to share that link with DD - we've scored a GV for next January and I want her to know where our villa might be! We're the planners for our trip and so excited - it will be our first full-family trip since January 2007, and we've added a SIL and a DGD since then!

Do you know where I can find that diagram, or something similar???

TIA!
Here is the BWV Room Finder Chart that might help you and congratulations on booking!

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=...able&tableid=6
Old 03-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #2837
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolynFH View Post
Somewhere, just in the last month or so, I found a simple diagram of BWV Boardwalk-view room locations. It's a diagram, not a photo, presented as if you're looking at BWV from the lake, and shows boxes stacked up to represent the various rooms. The room types are color-coded to show what kind of room each one is e.g. dedicated studio is one color, lockoff studio is another color, etc. and the room number is also shown.

I want to share that link with DD - we've scored a GV for next January and I want her to know where our villa might be! We're the planners for our trip and so excited - it will be our first full-family trip since January 2007, and we've added a SIL and a DGD since then!

Do you know where I can find that diagram, or something similar???

TIA!
Here is the link:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...79&postcount=1

Denise
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #2838
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise W View Post
Thanks, Denise for helping Carolyn. I've added your link to the BWV section.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 03-05-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 01:41 PM   #2839
dunangst
Mouseketeer

Is the Luna Park pool open for good now? I was transferred from the front desk to recreation services and there seems to be quite a bit of confusion. We are arriving on March 30th and curious to know if rehab is done...not if pool is closed due to cold weather at WDW. Any help appreciated.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:41 PM   #2840
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

It is open now. I saw it with my own little eyes. Today is our first good weather day, and many people are using the pool and the clown slide. They don't typically close pools for cold weather, there just aren't any life guards and they close off access to the slides. Yesterday we woke to 35 degrees and it got to about 60. Today I think we hit 77 by about 2:00. Tomorrow doesn't look so good. Those of you coming later this month should be fine.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Old 03-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #2841
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

Thank you for letting everyone know, but I hope they don't find out about this at YC/BC. This might be the perfect situation for Pixarmom!
Now that is TOO funny! I just stopped by to check on the thread, and when I read Sandi's post I thought "WOW - even better to have the choice of Luna, SAB or BWI quiet pools!" Then I saw your post!

We have friends at WDW now, so I was happy to hear from Sandi that the weather warmed up for all of you today. Enjoy the rest of your trip, Sandi!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL and CBR
Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 PM   #2842
Chrissyb8885
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Here is the BWV Room Finder Chart that might help you and congratulations on booking!

http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=...able&tableid=6

Is there a link like this for BWI??
Old 03-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #2843
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom

Now that is TOO funny! I just stopped by to check on the thread, and when I read Sandi's post I thought "WOW - even better to have the choice of Luna, SAB or BWI quiet pools!" Then I saw your post!

We have friends at WDW now, so I was happy to hear from Sandi that the weather warmed up for all of you today. Enjoy the rest of your trip, Sandi!
Thanks pixarmom! A cold day at Disney is still better than being at work in Michigan.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #2844
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

We will be staying at BWV for the first time in June. We will be driving down and arrive on June 1. We will be arriving around noon and plan to walk over to EPCOT. I'm planning on our room not being ready so what is the best way to store our bags? Should we leave them in the car and come back later when our studio is ready? Or can we leave them with bell services? If we leave them with bell services will they deliver them to our room when it's ready or will we have to go and get them?
I have another question about location request. I have rented points and have contacted the memeber to request a quiet location. I know it's just a request, but I was wondering if there areas that are louder than others that I should be aware of. If we get a room in a noisy area and there's another standard view studio available in a quieter area, can I nicely ask to be switched to the quieter one?
Old 03-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #2845
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermind307 View Post
We will be staying at BWV for the first time in June. We will be driving down and arrive on June 1. We will be arriving around noon and plan to walk over to EPCOT. I'm planning on our room not being ready so what is the best way to store our bags? Should we leave them in the car and come back later when our studio is ready? Or can we leave them with bell services? If we leave them with bell services will they deliver them to our room when it's ready or will we have to go and get them?
I have another question about location request. I have rented points and have contacted the memeber to request a quiet location. I know it's just a request, but I was wondering if there areas that are louder than others that I should be aware of. If we get a room in a noisy area and there's another standard view studio available in a quieter area, can I nicely ask to be switched to the quieter one?
Just call Bell Services, they will bring your bags to your room. Can't help on the other question. We're had the room next to JellyRolls, we could hear the music but only when we went to sleep. It did not keep anyone awake, we could hardly hear it.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:25 PM   #2846
smidgy
dimples

mastermind.. you can always ask for a dif. room. doesn't mean you'll get it, but it doesn't hurt.

we rented points for BWV and got a 1st loor room. we really wanted a blacony, but, no luck.. and we ahd to wait till about 4 pm for it to be ready ( yeah, I know, that's the official check in time, just have gotten lucky often)

but when we rented points for BCV, they had us in a ccourtyard view. I asked if they had anything overlooking the pool (which was my request, through the member). lo and behold, they did! the first room was ready, the pool view one wasn't, but we opted to wait for it.

(sure enough, as soon as we got settled in at the quiet pool, my phone rang.. it was ready! )

even when we dont' rent points, but pay cash, I always ask for something different if I don't care for the room offered. it doens't hurt to ask.. and we always prefer waiting tfor the better room.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 AM   #2847
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think once you're actually in the room there is some sort of change fee they can charge you for if you want to move for some reason of your own and not for a room problem for instance. But as PP said, when you check in I would specifically ask again if you could get a room in a quiet location. Hopefully they'll be able to accommodate you.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 03-07-2013, 07:17 AM   #2848
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissyb8885 View Post
Is there a link like this for BWI??
I'm not aware of one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Thanks pixarmom! A cold day at Disney is still better than being at work in Michigan.

Quote:
Welcome! As others have recommended, just pull-up to the port cochere and Bell Services will take and store all your luggage. They will give you a claim ticket with a number on it. Then you can park your car and check-in. Or you can just park your car in the lot and see if your room is ready. You can then go get your car and pull it up to the port cohere after check-in or wait until your room is ready. Your room may actually be ready and if it is, just have Bell Services follow you to your room with your luggage.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:51 AM   #2849
mastermind307
Mouseketeer

Welcome! As others have recommended, just pull-up to the port cochere and Bell Services will take and store all your luggage. They will give you a claim ticket with a number on it. Then you can park your car and check-in. Or you can just park your car in the lot and see if your room is ready. You can then go get your car and pull it up to the port cohere after check-in or wait until your room is ready. Your room may actually be ready and if it is, just have Bell Services follow you to your room with your luggage.[/QUOTE]

If we park our car and then check in, if our room is ready we can go back to the car and carry our own luggage to our room, right? If our room isn't ready, can we carry our bags to bell services or do we need to drive up to front? If our room isn't ready we can have the luggage delivered to our room once we are in it or can we pick up our luggage at bell services and take it the room ourselves? I know I will have to tip bell services if they deliver the luggage to our room, but what if they just hold it for us? What is a normal tip for them? Sorry for so many questions, but I've always just taken care of my own stuff and not sure how it works using bell services. Thanks for all the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I think once you're actually in the room there is some sort of change fee they can charge you for if you want to move for some reason of your own and not for a room problem for instance. But as PP said, when you check in I would specifically ask again if you could get a room in a quiet location. Hopefully they'll be able to accommodate you.
I was asking about when I check in, once we get a room, I wouldn't ask to be moved unless there was a problem with the room. That's why I was asking if there any noisey areas that I should be aware of so when I do check in and I find out where our room is, I will be able to request something different if our room is in that area. Hope that makes sense. I will surely ask again at check in if our room is in a quiet location. But the CM checking me in may or may not know, so that's why I'm asking the experts here.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 PM   #2850
DrMomof3
DIS Veteran

We just booked our first stay at BWV for August of this year. We'll be staying in a 2 bedroom villa (standard view). There will be 7 of us (my family of 5 plus my step-dad and our nanny) so I'm sure it'll be a bit cozy! We're super excited to try BW as we have enjoyed staying at BC, YC, and the Swan in the past. Love the whole Boardwalk/Epcot area!
It sounds like there's not much point in making a room request, is that a correct interpretation?

Thanks!
Amanda
Poly 01/2008; SSR 05/2009; CR 12/2009; YC 04/2010; BCV 08/2010; Poly CL 01/2011; BLT 08/2011; Swan 10/2011; GF CL 01/2012; Vero Beach 04/2012; Cabins 06/2012; WBC 08/2012; BCV 09/2012; Poly 1/2013; HGV 02/2013; WL, Kidani, SSR, Boardwalk in 2013; BLT 2014

Half-marathon PTR BCV Trip Report Half Marathon Trip Report Aug 2011 PTR
Aug 2011 TR
Multi-Trip 2012 PTR Running and Europe, 2014-15
Disney Dream
August 2013 PTR Aug 2013 TR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: